Crystal Castles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bollox

Refugee
I didn't see a thread, so I decided to make one. Anyway, their third album (s/t, as was the first two) drops today. I think it's quite good. Anyone else out there like them?

Here's the video for the first single 'Plague'

Plague

I definitely liked their first two. This is only $5 right now on 7digital, so I just bought it.

Will report back. :)

Huh, I checked early this morning, and it is was $10. I'll definitely take the $5 version, though.

I definitely liked their first two. This is only $5 right now on 7digital, so I just bought it.

Will report back. :)

Good deal. To me this one sounds a bit more subdued compared to the earlier stuff; very ambient pop, some of it.

This new album is far more of a coherent, mature, consistent, and atmospheric album than I ever thought Crystal Castles could write. I'm impressed. Sad Eyes in particular is awesome.

I finally decided to give these guys a listen. Really enjoyed their third album and will definitely be listening to them more. I remember "Sad Eyes" being the standout track as well.

Huh. Whilst I like Sad Eyes, it doesn't really stand out for me. I love the opening salvo of Plague/Kerosene/Wraith of God. And I think Child I Will Hurt You is a nice departure for them, all shoegazey and pretty sounding.

Given all the The Cure fans here, what do people think of Not In Love from the last album? I'm actually not too crazy about it; I think their music works best with Alice's, um, unique vocal stylings.

Not In Love

I reckon Robert Smith's best work this century has not been with his own band - Come to Me with 65daysofstatic and Not in Love with Crystal Castles. I'd love to hear more Crystal Castles songs with him on vocals; I never listen to the album version of Not in Love.

I reckon Robert Smith's best work this century has not been with his own band - Come to Me with 65daysofstatic and Not in Love with Crystal Castles. I'd love to hear more Crystal Castles songs with him on vocals; I never listen to the album version of Not in Love.

I agree this may be Bob's best work of the century. I also like his collaborations with Tweaker and Paul Hartnoll.

Totally forgot that exists. Ugh.

Anyway, I guess there's nothing wrong with Smith's vocals on Not In Love, it just sounds too clean. I prefer Crystal Castles with distorted/effed up vocals.

I like him on the B182 song, and pretty much all of these collabs.

I really can't remember if I heard the last Crystal Castles album, but I'm going to go ahead and listen to this one, despite possibly having not heard any of their other albums :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom