Critcs Best of 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Good Lord, a lot of these are already out.

Spin: The 40 Best Albums of 2010 | The Music That Moved Us Most | SPIN.com

Drowned in Sound: Drowned in Sound Albums of the Year 2010: 75-51 / In Depth // Drowned In Sound Part 1 (though the rest is up)

Last.fm: Best of 2010 - #40 - Kylie Minogue – Last.fm Part 1 (Part 2 coming on the 8th)

EDIT: Adding in some more

Uncut

Vibe

Q

MOJO

Filter

Clash

NPR

God, these lists are getting about to be about as bad as Christmas as far things starting far too early, but I'm not going to avoid them either :lol:

I'm pretty sure Mojo's released theirs as well. I used to have a link to a website that would compile every year end list for pretty much the last 20 years or something. I'll see if I still have it, and link the other available lists here.

The best thing about these lists to me is that they usually contain a few albums of whose existence I was not aware.

Like Drowned in Sound's #1. I've heard over 100 albums this year and I hadn't even heard of that one. I'll be giving it a spin this evening.

Uncut
Vibe
Q
MOJO
Filter
Clash

For the original post.

Drowned In Sound's list is still my favorite. Definitely makes me want to hear Emeralds' record, although I've certainly had my fill of ambient for the year.

I'm going to have to check out Emeralds as well, Drowned's list looks good.

Every year I end up buying at least 3 or 4 albums I missed and learned about from year end lists. A good many times, I'm mad I learned of them late, as they would have made my personal year end list.

I was reading NPR's list of top picks for the year (from someone's link on Facebook), and found myself looking up tracks by Vittorio Grigolo, some newfangled hottie Italian tenor.

While looking around, I found out that he was the same dude who had done an Italian popera cover of Keane's "Bedshaped," a song I'd had for a while on mp3 but had sadly lost. I couldn't for the life of me remember his name to try and find it again.

Now, thanks to NPR leading me to this dude, I have it again and am happy.

Ha, Uncut loves Paul Weller so much. I really need to check him out at some point.

Good hell, I've only heard Candy Shoppe by Emeralds, and absolutely love it. It's like a weird mixture of Four Tet and M83. Hopefully it's not the only good thing on the album, as I have a music boner now.

NPR mentioned agalloch...nice

the suburbs is painfully overrated. i loved funeral and neon bible was pretty good, but aside from a few tracks that album fails to grab me.

It's painfully my favorite album of the year, so I guess my ears are overrated.

hate.jpg

I liked the animated TV show The Critc.

My favorite film critc is Roger Ebert.

I hate when people critcize other people's looks.

I hold out for Pitchfork's top 10, then I'll copy and paste that as my own top 10.

Did I mention I was trying crack tonight??

Does someone on the Internet count down pitchfork's top 10 reviews of the year? Surely the kanye one would win, with the first 16 paragraphs being about Michael Jackson and kanye's life story and the next 15 obscured by drool and semen.

Well, I listened to Emeralds. It's good, but nothing about it screams unsung hero of 2010 to me.

Thank fucking christ at least one of these lists wasn't too scared to admit that Taylor is writing circles around people twice her age and released one of the albums of the year. She isn't reinventing the wheel, but fuck me if that LP isn't filled with just straight up great pop songs.

Anyway.

So albums released in December are basically fucked when it comes to these lists? What's up with that?

Note to self: When I make it big, if I want to get on a year end list, don't release the album in December.

No, not at all, very poor follow-up to Junior IMO. I was really disappointed by it :(.

I was sorta disappointed by Junior itself to some extent, so I kinda forgot Senior came out. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom