Critcs Best of 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I absolutely love Icky Thump. Jack wears a thousand different hats on that album and rocks the hell out of all of them. De Stijl is still my favorite Stripes album, though.

I see a recognizable difference between the Stripes and Black Keys. The Keys are dirtier, as though their songs all come out of a ten-hour day at a factory. The Stripes are a bit more sophisticated, I think.

Elephant is my favorite, but every one I've heard is good. Get Behind Me Satan is probably the weakest but I still enjoy it.

One of my favorite bands ever, so I pretty much love everything they've ever done, but White Blood Cells and Elephant FTW.

Elephant and De Stijl are sexy, sexy albums. A perfect combination of brassy rock and lovely folk. Jack White never topped those anywhere else.

Aw hell icky thump who'da thunk sittin drunk on a wagon to Mexico!

Guys, it's only one and a half hours until we discover what the mighty Pitchfork deems is the best song of the year!!! Any guesses?

I'd be willing to bet that something from Kanye will take the top spot. Or perhaps the top ten or twelve songs will all be from Kanye, given the manner in which they have been apotheosizing him as of late.

I don't question it because they sound similar to The White Stripes and the The White Stripes get that much love.

Though I question why The White Stripes get so much love :wink:
yes
and
yes.

never been a big fan of that sound... which is why though i liked Brothers i can't listen to it all that often and Howlin For You is like nails on a chalkboard. for me.
there's 2 kanye in the top 10 though.
unluckily for p4k, Radiohead didn't release anything this year. they'd have their top ten and 15 hours worth of paragraphs right there.

Huh, that's the second time I've seen that Ariel Pink song on a top list. Must check it out. He opened for Flaming Lips when I saw them a few months ago, and he sounded kind of interesting (in a good way). I forgot to get around to checking him out.

Better late than never!

Also really happy to see Robyn in the top 5.

so when did rivers cuomo start bearing such an eerie resemblence to elton john?

Back
Top Bottom