CREED Getting Ready To Hit Studio + Reunion Tour Officially Announced

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunbury

Refugee
CREED has officially announced all four of the original band members — Scott Stapp, Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips and Brian Marshall — will reunite for a summer tour and new album. The tour, the band's first in seven years, begins August 6 in Pittsburgh.

"I wouldn't call it a reunion," Stapp tells RollingStone.com. "It's a renewing and a rebirth. I missed my boys and wanted to create music with them again. We're all thrilled to have a second chance to make a first impression."

The reconciliation began last December when Stapp reached out to CREED guitarist Mark Tremonti. They agreed to meet up at the Hard Rock Hotel in Florida before Stapp sang the national anthem at the Champs Sports Bowl. "I was nervous, but also excited because I knew Mark would bring nothing but positivity," says Stapp. "We exchanged family pictures and within 20 minutes we were jamming on acoustic guitars and talking about new songs." They soon met up with drummer Scott Phillips and bassist Brian Marshall, who left CREED in 2000 but is returning for the new album and tour. "At that meeting we were collectively saying, 'Hey man, I'm sorry if I hurt you or my choices did anything to cause you any pain. I have nothing but love and forgiveness for you and I hope you can forgive me.' It's all part of the process of reflection and not looking back at the six months out of 10 years that were trying."

They are back to piss off people one more time :lol:

More audio sewage?! ZOMG, I cannot wait!!!11!!!!11!!!! :angry:

Who remembers when "Creed" was an edited word on the forum? Good times.

I'm officially completely embarrassed to admit that I saw them around 1997-98 in a small ass bar/club, before everyone knew they officially sucked. :crack:

I have a confession.

I once bought one of their CDs back in 2000 :reject: But I got rid of them within 6 months, after I discovered U2 and realized what a rock band was supposed to sound like.

Hey, I was young and foolish and my music tastes sucked back then.

I proudly admit that my music tastes are much better than some Pearl Jam/U2 wannabe group.

once upon a time when my ears didn't work i had a creed album.

do you know how many times i actually listened to it? never.

i'd go to this is if it was cheap, like i'd attend a comically bad sports team.

I think this could very easily win the title of Worst Album Cover of All Time:

Creed.jpg

Or....Most Unintentionally Hilarious Album Cover of All Time. Take your pick.

CREED has officially announced all four of the original band members — Scott Stapp, Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips and Brian Marshall — will reunite for a summer tour and new album. The tour, the band's first in seven years, begins August 6 in Pittsburgh.

"I wouldn't call it a reunion," Stapp tells RollingStone.com. "It's a renewing and a rebirth. I missed my boys and wanted to create music with them again. We're all thrilled to have a second chance to make a first impression."

The reconciliation began last December when Stapp reached out to CREED guitarist Mark Tremonti. They agreed to meet up at the Hard Rock Hotel in Florida before Stapp sang the national anthem at the Champs Sports Bowl. "I was nervous, but also excited because I knew Mark would bring nothing but positivity," says Stapp. "We exchanged family pictures and within 20 minutes we were jamming on acoustic guitars and talking about new songs." They soon met up with drummer Scott Phillips and bassist Brian Marshall, who left CREED in 2000 but is returning for the new album and tour. "At that meeting we were collectively saying, 'Hey man, I'm sorry if I hurt you or my choices did anything to cause you any pain. I have nothing but love and forgiveness for you and I hope you can forgive me.' It's all part of the process of reflection and not looking back at the six months out of 10 years that were trying."

They are back to piss off people one more time :lol:
Do you know Jack Worthing?
I have a confession.

I once bought one of their CDs back in 2000 :reject: But I got rid of them within 6 months, after I discovered U2 and realized what a rock band was supposed to sound like.

Hey, I was young and foolish and my music tastes sucked back then.

I proudly admit that my music tastes are much better than some Pearl Jam/U2 wannabe group.
Human Clay? And hey. I bought that and liked it.

I can't think of Scott Stapp without thinking of this story about how he flew to Orlando and then drove the two hours to Gainesville just for a hook-up:
tomluv: Who's your favorite faux Christian ex-rock star?

It's worth the read. Oh, yes. Yes, it is. :heart:

My favorite part:

The girl who's been talking on the phone with Creed has a friend who recently broke his arm. So as soon as Creedy walks in, he screams, "Oh my god! You're Scott Stapp! You're my favorite singer ever! Sign my cast!" Creed, probably even himself realizing how sucky it is to be the (former) lead singer of Creed, denies it. "I get that a lot... I just look like him. I'm not him." HA!

Then the Denny's cop comes over: "Both of you, outta here! No screaming in Denny's! Manager's orders!" Delicious. The lead singer of Creed is getting kicked out of the Gainesville Denny's.

:lmao: :lmao:

I'm in tears laughing.

Back
Top Bottom