Coldplay - Viva La Vida - ongoing discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here's something that I found stupid.. tell me what you all think of this one..

I was listening to XM again this morning, channel 51 (coldplay) and they announce 'coldplay factoids' in between the songs. Anywho, this morning they said 'that Coldplay equally share in the profits...' Now, call me stupid but isn't that the case for every band? :huh:

here's something that I found stupid.. tell me what you all think of this one..

I was listening to XM again this morning, channel 51 (coldplay) and they announce 'coldplay factoids' in between the songs. Anywho, this morning they said 'that Coldplay equally share in the profits...' Now, call me stupid but isn't that the case for every band? :huh:

no, in a lot of cases it's whoever writes the music or the lyrics who gets the greater share... I'm trying to think of some examples... The Police for instance, I'm pretty sure Sting made a bigger share then Summers and Copeland - although I could be wrong...

I think we think it's normal because U2 have always done this but when they started this was against the industry standard at the time.

no, in a lot of cases it's whoever writes the music or the lyrics who gets the greater share... I'm trying to think of some examples... The Police for instance, I'm pretty sure Sting made a bigger share then Summers and Copeland - although I could be wrong...

I think we think it's normal because U2 have always done this but when they started this was against the industry standard at the time.

oh yeah, that makes sense now.. thanks elfa! And you are right I just assumed it was this way for every band cuz of U2...:shrug:

learned something today.. cool...:up:

I don't think you are. That's most likely also the reason why many of their albums also had a song (or two) by Stewart and Copeland. That way they also got at least a bit of publishing money.

Another famous example is the Rolling Stones. Not only do Jagger and Richards earn more because they write the songs, until the early Nineties Ron Wood didn't even share in the profits! He was on a wage, but not a profit-sharing member. Granted, I think he probably got a very good wage, but still...

I think Duran Duran used to split things down the middle in the early 80's, but when their original lineup changed, so did the financial arrangements.

I am probably the last person on this site to have listened to this album. A co-worker at the library wants it, so I finally made myself listen to the copy I checked out.

I have "Life in Technicolor" in repeat right now and haven't moved past it.

This is what the journey to Heaven sounds like.

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous.

The whole album is heaven! especially the beginning of Chinese Sleep Chant or even when the drums kick in on Cemeteries of London. :combust:

I admit i'm not a Cold Play fan, but with all the hype surrounding this album I thought I'd give it a listen.

Maybe its one of those albums that need to be listened to a few times, but I found it a real effort to even get through some of the tracks.

Slow, boring, monotonous, same ol same ol

There was only 2 songs that caught my attention and I thought were ok, but ok is the best I can say about them.

Ho hum ...... Viva La Snoooooooooozzzzzzze

and with 53 pages of admiration .......... I now think I'll go hide somewhere :uhoh:

Well good ...... I might not need those body guards after all :lol:

Now stop fart assing around in here and go make up round 4 of the Zep finals :wink:

Chinese Sleep Chant is awesome, anyone know a program that'll let me cut up wmas/itunes equivalent?

Man Viva La Vida is soooooo overrated. the song that is,

Cutting up Itunes songs is something I just learnt to do, you have to convert the songs to ACCC or whatever again, and go to GET INFO, and then specify new start and stop times. Rearrange the trackl numbering accordingly. Wikipedia is handy to find out when you need to split the songs.

That's what I did, it's a manual thing,

Cutting up Itunes songs is something I just learnt to do, you have to convert the songs to ACCC or whatever again, and go to GET INFO, and then specify new start and stop times. Rearrange the trackl numbering accordingly. Wikipedia is handy to find out when you need to split the songs.

That's what I did, it's a manual thing,

Cool, do I have to have a program, or can I somehow convert to ACC in itunes?

I'll look on the Viva la Vida page on wikipedia.

Your bloods were might lucky yesterday.

If it makes you feel any better, many of these pages were just filled with stooopid bickering. :wink:

I prefer "constructive criticism & philosophical differences." :wink:

I loved the part where you got frustrated and gave us all the finger! We deserved it. :hug:

This is a killer album. I went through a day or so where I thought I was done with it, after figuring out all its secrets...but then it eventually sucked me in again. The only song I really skip is 42, for some inexplicable reason...I love the ending, but it just feels a little patched together at the front.

My favourite part of the moment is the climax in Death and All His Friends, the guitar bit right before: No I don't wanna battle from beginning to end.... That actually gave me chills the other day while I was listening with seagulls circling about 10 feet over my head, next to the swirling ocean. :drool:

Cool, do I have to have a program, or can I somehow convert to ACC in itunes?

I'll look on the Viva la Vida page on wikipedia.

Your bloods were might lucky yesterday.

We were, but we should never have been threatened by Carlton, whose midfield is looking very impressive with Gibbs and Judd and Co. now.....could be a force in a few years.

You do the conversion in I-Tunes, right click on the song.

We were, but we should never have been threatened by Carlton, whose midfield is looking very impressive with Gibbs and Judd and Co. now.....could be a force in a few years.

You do the conversion in I-Tunes, right click on the song.

:up: cheers mate.

they are going to be a force to be reckoned with in a few years.

Well I finally decided to buy this album yesterday. I haven't been able to listen all the way through yet, but I like it. I definitely like the creative leaps they've taken on the album, andUnfortunately I think one of the things that will continue to prevent me from really falling for Coldplay is Chris Martin's voice. It can be beautiful at times but it's so limited. There were a couple moments in a few different songs where I wondered why they didn't just play it in a lower key, as he strained or went into a weak falsetto for a few notes.

Good stuff overall, Martin's voice notwithstanding. Good to see them expanding their sound a little, though all in all they're still playing it pretty safe, I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom