Coldplay - Viva La Vida - ongoing discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really much of an accusation, as I clearly showed it to be overwhelmingly factual. No matter what you say, it's clear you intended to say one thing and are now claiming it was another. You dissection of your "grammatical mistake" had two flaws: one, that it seemed peculiar and difficult to make, and two, that if it is how you said, not only does it lose the meaning it had before, but it loses all meaning.

And once again, you're denying something: a bait. But the post with the two laughing smilies was beyond obvious in its intentions. Deny it all you want, but I (and everyone else in this thread, it appears) know for sure what you are doing.

God, this thread has devolved, and there's only one reason for that.

Oh, Pfan, don't start...No way in hell am I going back to that discussion....unbelievable, you still seem to be missing the point...though I think you realize your mistake...oh and don't worry, I know why this thread has devolved, I know exactly why.

then I mention that I find Miss Crissy's stage antics annoying, and BoMac goes crazy for some reason...accusing me of being unfair :huh:

First, I would hardly call my response to you going "crazy". If you are unable to have a legitimate debate (for it to be legitimate you'd actually have to address my points) then I don't know what to tell you.

Secondly, I think that calling anyone's on-stage antics "annoying" based on random video clips is unfair, especially if one has never seen that artist live. Given your intense love for U2, I would bet that you would think it was unfair that someone judge's Bono stage persona based on Youtube clips or Grammy Awards show performances. And there are many, many video clips out there that taken out of context makes Bono look rather silly, to say the least. It's especially unfair since, in your opinion, Bono's antics help "break down barriers" between the audience and the artist. Well, how is one to know this without seeing it live for yourself?

:shrug:

1. No list of idiotic stage antics is complete without Michael Stipe on it.

2. And arguments about hand gesture??? I've got a hand gesture for you all right here.

:lol:

well that was predictable :rolleyes:

speaking of doofuses, nice dodge :up:

I find this funny when you were the one who directly provoked the response that you quoted!
Well some Thin Man style repartee would have hit the spot, but when that fails to eventuate, a pithy one-liner is all that's left....

1. No list of idiotic stage antics is complete without Michael Stipe on it.

2. And arguments about hand gesture??? I've got a hand gesture for you all right here.

useless.gif
:wink:

Use your imagination, people! Has the internet reduced us all to having no imagination??????

*which, of course means that I don't have any graphics to illustrate. Plus, the joke is mostly a verbal joke, and to represent that via pictures is just going beyond the needs of the joke. :wink:

Use your imagination, people! Has the internet reduced us all to having no imagination??????

*which, of course means that I don't have any graphics to illustrate. Plus, the joke is mostly a verbal joke, and to represent that via pictures is just going beyond the needs of the joke. :wink:

I didn't know what other smiley to post :(

:kiss:

First, I would hardly call my response to you going "crazy". If you are unable to have a legitimate debate (for it to be legitimate you'd actually have to address my points) then I don't know what to tell you.

Secondly, I think that calling anyone's on-stage antics "annoying" based on random video clips is unfair, especially if one has never seen that artist live. Given your intense love for U2, I would bet that you would think it was unfair that someone judge's Bono stage persona based on Youtube clips or Grammy Awards show performances. And there are many, many video clips out there that taken out of context makes Bono look rather silly, to say the least. It's especially unfair since, in your opinion, Bono's antics help "break down barriers" between the audience and the artist. Well, how is one to know this without seeing it live for yourself?

:shrug:

BoMac, I did address your point...you said it's not fair to call Chris Martin's stage antics annoying if you haven't watched the entire show IN PERSON...and I responded to that point exactly...I'm not going to repeat myself...but please, maybe go back and read it again.

Oh, Pfan, don't start...No way in hell am I going back to that discussion....unbelievable, you still seem to be missing the point...though I think you realize your mistake...oh and don't worry, I know why this thread has devolved, I know exactly why.

Now I remember why I didn't engage you.

Rob, I'm now putting you on my Ignore List, along with U2girl and Screwtape2.

Now I remember why I didn't engage you.

Rob, I'm now putting you on my Ignore List, along with U2girl and Screwtape2.

Oh...I can't imagine ever using the ignore option, it's too bad you took this so seriously...if anything I should be the frustrated one...ah, well...see ya later Pfan :)

Cracking set in LA:

Life In Techicolor
Violet Hill
Clocks
In My Place
Viva La Vida
Yes
The Scientist
Chinese Sleep Chant
God Put A Smile Upon My Face
Square One
Speed Of Sound
Trouble
Lost
Strawberry Swing
Yellow
Death Will Never Conquer
Fix You
Lovers In Japan
Death And All Of His Friends

Cracking set in LA:

Life In Techicolor
Violet Hill
Clocks
In My Place
Viva La Vida
Yes
The Scientist
Chinese Sleep Chant
God Put A Smile Upon My Face
Square One
Speed Of Sound
Trouble
Lost
Strawberry Swing
Yellow
Death Will Never Conquer
Fix You
Lovers In Japan
Death And All Of His Friends

:up:
Though I'm always in for more tracks from Parachutes, A Rush Of Blood... and Viva La Vida (no, 10 songs from that album still isn't enough :) ). Looking at the list it suddenly occurs to me that Everything's Not Lost is missing. That's the one I'd really want to hear again.

The arguing and namecalling needs to stop. This is so ridiculous. Why can't people discuss Coldplay without resorting to childish behavior? People are going to have different opinions all the time. Can't you people respect that and discuss things maturely? I am just so tired of this.

Rob33, I hope now that philly has put you on ignore that the bickering between you two will stop.

Also...

It's 9.45 am and I'm arguing with doofuses.....

There is no need to resort to namecalling.

this thread is an example of why some people are shitcunts. :down:

eloquent i know, but it needed to said.

No...it did not need to be said. It's quite crass and unnecessary.

COLDPLAY GIVE AWAY ANOTHER SONG FREE!

Coldplay give away new track for free
Tuesday, July 15 2008, 12:18 BST

By Alex Fletcher, Entertainment Reporter

Rex Features
Coldplay have made new track 'Death Will Never Conquer' available for free.

Fans can download the previously-unreleased song from the band's official website.

Chris Martin's group released the tune to celebrate the start of their world tour, which opened at Los Angeles Forum yesterday.

The song is based around Chris Martin's piano and features the lyric: "One day death is gonna conquer me / I'll be down where the waters flow / I hope sweet heaven is the place for me."

Writing on the site, the band said: "To say thank you to everyone who's bought tickets and supported us, here's a new song called 'Death Will Never Conquer'.

"You'll hear it at the concerts with a twist..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom