Coldplay - Viva La Vida - ongoing discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok since I do not have the time to look around for 36 pages,

I love the song and I don't care how much people say Bono has a much deeper tone, when you hear Chris Martin screaming in the song towards the end, first thing I have ever thought of the song was the Joshua Tree era Bono.

It is such a U2 song.

Ok since I do not have the time to look around for 36 pages,

I love the song and I don't care how much people say Bono has a much deeper tone, when you hear Chris Martin screaming in the song towards the end, first thing I have ever thought of the song was the Joshua Tree era Bono.

It is such a U2 song.

a. which song are you talking about?
b. unless you wan't to get yelled at you really should read the first 36 pages

Rob, here's a place to go if you'd like to continue on your level of intelligent conversation:

PLEBA - U2 Feedback

Sorry, GAF, he loses major points for the above statement. :yikes:

So you are a fan of a place where people stalk four middle-aged men?

Yeah, it seems like the PLEBA talk is done in this thread, but I am not letting that slide.

I am SO TIRED of people bashing a forum of perfectly nice people. It is so ridiculous that people feel the need to insult a bunch of nice people just having fun and not hurting anybody.

That's all I'm going to say. I don't want to argue about it in this thread...and there really is nothing to argue about anyway. You don't insult other members here. Plain and simple. So please do not address this here, let's continue to stick with the Coldplay discussion.

This page is fucking hilarious...I was going to quote someone, but it's much more effective this way. Yeah tpsreports2424 I'm not sure what song your talking about....Viva la Vida? That one? Or Life In Technicolor? at the end?

This page is fucking hilarious...I was going to quote someone, but it's much more effective this way. Yeah Moser I'm not sure what song your talking about....Viva la Vida? That one? Or Life In Technicolor? at the end?

Who's Moser? Do you see a Moser on this page? I'm assuming you're referring to tpsreports2424. :shrug:

Who's Moser? Do you see a Moser on this page? I'm assuming you're referring to tpsreports2424. :shrug:

:lol:

Yes, I am. I was just reading a quote from him in another thread and for some reason I thought he was the one who asked the question :scratch:

I edited it, thanks :)

I leave for a week, the other thread finishes and this one is on its 37th page. Geez people sure come out of the woodwork to bash or praise Coldplay, I think I'm gonna bow out of this discussion.

...Geez people sure come out of the woodwork to bash or praise Coldplay, I think I'm gonna bow out of this discussion.

Just repeat this:

It's our differences that make us stronger.

Breathing deeply also helps.

Haha, I have no problem with differing opinions, but there's a point where discussions like this go nowhere :wink:

Rob33, I want to apologize for being such an ass towards you. I don't agree with you and I find you to be quite stubborn about some of the issues here but no one deserves to be ganged up on like you have been in this thread. People disagree with you but I know I in particular should have been nicer and more respectful. So I'm sorry. :hug:

Rob33, I want to apologize for being such an ass towards you. I don't agree with you and I find you to be quite stubborn about some of the issues here but no one deserves to be ganged up on like you have been in this thread. People disagree with you but I know I in particular should have been nicer and more respectful. So I'm sorry. :hug:

Justin, one of the worst things you could be is disingenuous...good luck in not being that. :up:

Justin, one of the worst things you could be is disingenuous...good luck in not being that. :up:

Okay, the way this is written I'm confused. Are you saying that I am being disingenuous and shouldn't be or that I'm not being disingenuous and that is good? I honestly can't figure out which you are saying. I fail at reading comprehension. :lol:

oh, haha...I didn't really mind, and you weren't really being "an ass"

thanks though :)

Okay, the way this is written I'm confused. Are you saying that I am being disingenuous and shouldn't be or that I'm not being disingenuous and that is good? I honestly can't figure out which you are saying. I fail at reading comprehension. :lol:

Actually, rather than being an ass (which I always feel I end up being in these tension-filled threads), I’ll just say that I hope one version is in the past, and the other will show up in the future…or even in the present.

Be good to your “friends.”

Always wear sunscreen.

:):):)

Yeah, this thread is slowing down. Guess we ran out of U2 melodies to accuse Coldplay of copping. :scratch: I'll revive it.

Updates on the Coldplay cartoon:

• The script is finished.
  • Animating process starts tonight.
  • It will be hosted on youtube.
  • It will be very lengthy, anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes, or maybe more.
  • It will feature music. Yellow and Life In Technicolor will make appearances.
  • I will be asking the mods to sticky the thread. If they for some reason ask your opinion of this, tell them that you think it's the greatest idea you've ever heard.

That is all. :wave:

I'm still not tired of this album! Surely their most interesting one ever and it gives Rush of Blood a great run for it's money! I've rated 7 tracks out of 10 as 5 star ones in my itunes. I don't know, this might even beat Rush to the top spot for me.

we need a shit disturber smilie :angry:

:hmm:

14t6ati.gif
?

nah?

I'm still not tired of this album! Surely their most interesting one ever and it gives Rush of Blood a great run for it's money! I've rated 7 tracks out of 10 as 5 star ones in my itunes. I don't know, this might even beat Rush to the top spot for me.

Ditto! I keep imagining how good these will sound live. Anyone know of a Coldplay ticket buy/sell site other than ebay? I'd like to get closer this time around. Since I was back on the lawn for the last tour. :(

I've listened to the album a few more times and unfortunately it went downhill from my first mixed reaction, rather than being a grower that I hoped for. I love Cemeteries of London and Viva la Vida, Life in Technicolour is a decent opener and I like Violet Hill and Strawberry Swing. The rest is not bad exactly, just pretty damn unremarkable and those two-songs-in-one tempo changes feel increasingly gimmicky and irritating. I just don't think their talent matches their ambitions; Parachutes is IMO still their best album precisely because it's lowkey and unassuming and keeps things simple.

Lost! is ridiculously brilliant, a perfect song. Probably my favourite off VLVODAAHF, potentially my favourite Coldplay tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom