Coldplay - Viva La Vida - ongoing discussion - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-14-2008, 08:13 PM   #676
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intedomine View Post
It's Mr Chrissy. C-Mart is not a girl.

Whether or not Morrissey is a "pretentious jacknob" or whatever, he's very good at it!
I'd even say he's a cracking pretentious jackknob, if it gives him more credit.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-14-2008, 08:15 PM   #677
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
blueeyedgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bottom of the earth
Posts: 6,774
Local Time: 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob33 View Post
I saw "blueeyedgirl" as the last reply, and I knew exactly what I was about to read...

All I said was that Chrissy's stage antics are annoying, and I was curious if anyone else felt that way, since I always hear how annoying, embarrassing, silly, stupid, pointless, or distracting Bono's behavior is on stage for some fans....it's not my fault people make a big deal about the smallest of things...I commented, and then asked a question relating to the comment, it's as simple as that- if you have a problem with that, then I suggest YOU stay out of this thread.
It's 9.45 am and I'm arguing with doofuses.....
__________________

__________________
blueeyedgirl is offline  
Old 07-14-2008, 08:20 PM   #678
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob33 View Post
I'd like to put it to rest, but it needed to be mentioned after GG asked me why I was a top 10 poster in this thread.
Again, I think you're lying through your teeth and are baiting me (your first post I quoted there had nothing to do with GG, and was made a while ago, after I declared this over), but there's no point in arguing the details because neither of us will convince the other.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-14-2008, 08:22 PM   #679
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Rob33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,420
Local Time: 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl View Post
It's 9.45 am and I'm arguing with doofuses.....


well that was predictable

speaking of doofuses, nice dodge

I find this funny when you were the one who directly provoked the response that you quoted!
__________________
Rob33 is offline  
Old 07-14-2008, 08:26 PM   #680
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob33 View Post
I'd like to put it to rest, but it needed to be mentioned after GG asked me why I was a top 10 poster in this thread.
You know, if we consider all of the off-topic comments you've made about Coldplay in other threads...you could be the TOP poster!
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 07-14-2008, 08:27 PM   #681
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Rob33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,420
Local Time: 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Again, I think you're lying through your teeth and are baiting me (your first post I quoted there had nothing to do with GG, and was made a while ago, after I declared this over), but there's no point in arguing the details because neither of us will convince the other.
Pfan, there you go with another accusation...first I'm trying to "cover my ass," then after that stops, it's "you're lying through your teeth" - I answered GG's question, that's it.
__________________
Rob33 is offline  
Old 07-14-2008, 08:29 PM   #682
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:53 PM
Maybe your ass and teeth are in the same place?
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-14-2008, 08:30 PM   #683
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Rob33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,420
Local Time: 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonGirl View Post
You know, if we consider all of the off-topic comments you've made about Coldplay in other threads...you could be the TOP poster!
haha...but GG, I really haven't made that many Coldplay remarks in other threads in comparison to others...

just the occasional joke
__________________
Rob33 is offline  
Old 07-14-2008, 08:33 PM   #684
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Rob33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,420
Local Time: 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Maybe your ass and teeth are in the same place?
NEGATORY.
__________________
Rob33 is offline  
Old 07-14-2008, 08:35 PM   #685
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob33 View Post
Pfan, there you go with another accusation...first I'm trying to "cover my ass," then after that stops, it's "you're lying through your teeth" - I answered GG's question, that's it.
Not really much of an accusation, as I clearly showed it to be overwhelmingly factual. No matter what you say, it's clear you intended to say one thing and are now claiming it was another. You dissection of your "grammatical mistake" had two flaws: one, that it seemed peculiar and difficult to make, and two, that if it is how you said, not only does it lose the meaning it had before, but it loses all meaning.

And once again, you're denying something: a bait. But the post with the two laughing smilies was beyond obvious in its intentions. Deny it all you want, but I (and everyone else in this thread, it appears) know for sure what you are doing.

God, this thread has devolved, and there's only one reason for that.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-14-2008, 08:35 PM   #686
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob33 View Post
NEGATORY.
Just spitballin' there...

I read that C-Play's gonna release an album in '09 with leftovers from this album's sessions, including a full version of "Life in Technicolor" and a collaboration with Kylie Minogue called "Lunar." Since U2 apparently considered titling their last album Solar, this has to mean they're copying them again. Rob, your thoughts?
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-14-2008, 08:46 PM   #687
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Rob33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,420
Local Time: 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Just spitballin' there...

I read that C-Play's gonna release an album in '09 with leftovers from this album's sessions, including a full version of "Life in Technicolor" and a collaboration with Kylie Minogue called "Lunar." Since U2 apparently considered titling their last album Solar, this has to mean they're copying them again. Rob, your thoughts?


Well...this isn't surprising at all...Chris Martin probably knew about U2 considering Solar as an album title, but then realized that he couldn't copy it exactly. So what does he do? He googles "outer space terminology" and came across the word "lunar," and then realized that if he used that title, the album would be a big hit. It all sounds very logical and realistic to me...interesting observation
__________________
Rob33 is offline  
Old 07-14-2008, 08:49 PM   #688
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl View Post
It's 9.45 am and I'm arguing with doofuses.....
No, just one.

(Or 33)
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 07-14-2008, 08:49 PM   #689
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob33 View Post


Well...this isn't surprising at all...Chris Martin probably knew about U2 considering Solar as an album title, but then realized that he couldn't copy it exactly. So what does he do? He googles "outer space terminology" and came across the word "lunar," and then realized that if he used that title, the album would be a big hit. It all sounds very logical and realistic to me...interesting observation
That's probably exactly what happened.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-14-2008, 08:50 PM   #690
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
I read that C-Play's gonna release an album in '09 with leftovers from this album's sessions, including a full version of "Life in Technicolor" and a collaboration with Kylie Minogue called "Lunar." Since U2 apparently considered titling their last album Solar, this has to mean they're copying them again. Rob, your thoughts?
Combine them and you'd have a hell of a live show.
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
coldplay, viva la vida

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com