Coldplay - Viva La Vida - ongoing discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess what? It's still damn good.

:yes:

And except for the Eno atmospherics (which are really more Eno than U2 obviously), I don't really hear as much U2 influence as others are hearing. This album is brilliant and stands well on it's own!

And except for the Eno atmospherics (which are really more Eno than U2 obviously), I don't really hear as much U2 influence as others are hearing.

Me neither. I hear a lot of other influences though. There's nothing wrong with that in particular, but I wouldn't call the album innovative either. It is what it is...another Coldplay album; I could live without it, but it sounds good while it's playing.

OMG! I caught the video for the song, Viva La Vida this morning.. only watched it now for the first time. What's up with Chris' hand movements??? *cringe* It doesn't stop... he overdoes it!

Oh yeah, that too! He did look a bit creepy. :lol:

And the worst thing is, he seems to be copying present day Bono, not even the way cooler Bono of the 80s and 90s! :cry:

OMG! I caught the video for the song, Viva La Vida this morning.. only watched it now for the first time. What's up with Chris' hand movements??? *cringe* It doesn't stop... he overdoes it!

That video is CREEPY! I change the channel whenever it's on, and it's on a lot these days.

Come on, Bono is DECENT compared to Chris Martin's stage and video antiques. :lol:

Still love their album, though.

I'm going to two Coldplay concerts this week! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom