Coldplay - Viva La Vida - ongoing discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing wrong with that, I really enjoy them myself. I get the fact that they sound like U2 (Gasp! Oh noes!), in fact that was one of the reasons which attracted me to them originally.

I don't mind his voice and I haven't had a problem with any of their albums really (X&Y included).

I've seen them live 4 times now and all the shows were a great time.

If this makes me somehow less of a man with terrible taste in music so be it.

That's because they do. It blows my mind how insecure U2 fans are about Coldplay. (similar to how Radiohead fans used to be with Muse, which seems to have died off a bit) It's odd to me that U2 fans of all people would dislike someone for liking, talking about, and being influenced by U2. Pathetic. They're a good band who presently get far more press and attention than one of the many bands they cite as an influence, get over it.

ahhhhhhhhh....the Coldplay thread....how could I forget :)

I can't remember...does Chris Martin wear sexy boots during the live shows?

Marmite = Pommy version of vegemite.

Pretty awesome in a novel kind of way, not as good as vegemite though.

As usual, I will derail a thread with my comments. I have been listening to Viva La Vida daily since I finally bought it a few weeks ago and I must say that I cannot find anything wrong with the songs, despite my initial concern. I love it and love it far more than I did X&Y. X&Y disappointed me quite a bit. Viva La Vida has brought back my love for Coldplay but nearly as much as it was several years ago. Even though they added a second ATL date, I have decided not to sit out this tour. Parachutes, Rush of Blood and now Viva are my favorite Coldplay releases. I also love majority of their b-sides and would like to hear some b-sides from Viva. I love the pommies. :wink:

How long has it been since the leak? About two months?

Anyway, two months (or whatever) on from when I first heard it and the tracks that stand out to me at this point are...

Life In Technicolor
Cemeteries of London
Lovers in Japan
Strawberry Swing

Now that the album's been out for a while and it's been able to settle, what are the tracks that stand out for you guys?

Last edited:
Lost! soars above all other songs. Quite remarkable song, amazing.

Full credit to 42, Strawberry Swaing, Chinese Sleep Chant and Violet Hil for being fucking awesome as well.

Violet Hill and 42 have probably grown on me the most, I liked pretty much everything else out of the box...

Viva La Vida (the song that is) is the only one I'm worried about getting sick of currently, it's already being overplayed and it's so darn catchy I'm getting a little tired of it already.

How long has it been since the leak? About two months?

Anyway, two months (or whatever) on from when I first heard it and the tracks that stand out to me at this point are...

Life In Technicolor
Cemeteries of London
Lovers in Japan
Strawberry Swing

Now that the album's been out for a while and it's been able to settle, what are the tracks that stand out for you guys?

Replace Swing with the title track, and I agree with you 100%.

I agree with inte here, Lost! is my favourite.

Also a fan of: Lovers in Japan, Chinese Sleep Chant, Strawberry Swing, Violet Hill's not bad, and the last half of Death and All His Friends.

Very over Viva La Vida though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom