Coldplay - Viva La Vida - ongoing discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coldplay to be the first to play new O2 at the Point

Coldplay to be the first to play new O2 at the Point - Music, Entertainment - Herald.ie

Very disappointed, I think it should have been U2. Especially if the 18 November release date prooves true, a December date for a one off concert makes sense to me.

There is still hope though: "In the first concert confirmed for the new venue, which has been renamed the O2, the record-breaking group has just added a Dublin date to their worldwide tour and will now play here on December 21." The first confirmed concert isn't necessarily the first concert.

But ""It was a huge coup getting them to come over and 'christen' the venue with this one-off performance." :sad: :angry: :depressed:

U2 won't be touring Europe until about a year after that
I don't think they could wait around for that

You always have to comment dont you BVS. And this smilie, :huh: I believe yolland has spoken to you about your constant usage of this. Why not just pm a mod and ask to merge then ignore it...

A one-off for the opening isn't a tour... think Brooklyn Bridge.

I think it's a shame if U2 has become so big that an opening show is no possibility (if that is the reason they're not reopening their old 'home').

We don't know if they were approached, we don't know if they had open schedules, etc...

I think what some don't take into consideration is that even if they didn't bring an elaborate stage, the amount of people and preparation needed to do a show is huge. Not only do the members of U2 need to have the time, but all of their crew need to have the time. These crew members have families, jobs, etc...

So if they aren't ON tour, then it's very difficult to get everyone and everything in the same place for a one off show.

A one-off for the opening isn't a tour... think Brooklyn Bridge.

I think it's a shame if U2 has become so big that an opening show is no possibility (if that is the reason they're not reopening their old 'home').

Brooklyn Bridge wasn't a one-off. It was part of a carefully orchestrated promotional tour prior to Bomb's release.

I wouldn't consider the Point Depot their (U2's) home. They only played there 4 times. Almost 20 years ago. That's not home ground.

Just got back from the Chicago show a few hours ago. I have to really say i was more then absolutely blown away by the show. I can truthfully say that the only real song I listened to on the new album was Viva La Vida and truthfully I was blown away by the new songs. I know people get so bored and go to the bathroom, get something to snack on etc. when some bands play their new stuff, especially the stones recently but, truthfully the show was amazing and sounded exactly like it would on the album. This whole show did remind me of a bit of a U2 show, especially before their encore there was a little video of like skipping around TV like they kind of did on the Zoo TV tour.

Also they played 2 songs twice because they decided to shoot their new upcoming concert DVD in Chicago at the UC. (go figure since U2 did a while ago)

Along with that, they played one of their new songs that they have yet to fully write so they tried it on us. It was not surprising that it was a def good song, but it sounded like a hoe-down.

There was only thing I could really complain about and it was not loud at all. I was kind of like eh about it but it didn't make an effect on me or any of the other people there because it seemed like the whole building was rocking and shaking going into the intros of Clocks and Viva La Vida. Lot of people getting into it and it was very fun.

This concert goes appropriately in my top 5 concerts, and now I am obsessed with their new songs.

Just got back from the Chicago show a few hours ago. I have to really say i was more then absolutely blown away by the show. I can truthfully say that the only real song I listened to on the new album was Viva La Vida and truthfully I was blown away by the new songs. I know people get so bored and go to the bathroom, get something to snack on etc. when some bands play their new stuff, especially the stones recently but, truthfully the show was amazing and sounded exactly like it would on the album. This whole show did remind me of a bit of a U2 show, especially before their encore there was a little video of like skipping around TV like they kind of did on the Zoo TV tour.

Also they played 2 songs twice because they decided to shoot their new upcoming concert DVD in Chicago at the UC. (go figure since U2 did a while ago)

Along with that, they played one of their new songs that they have yet to fully write so they tried it on us. It was not surprising that it was a def good song, but it sounded like a hoe-down.

There was only thing I could really complain about and it was not loud at all. I was kind of like eh about it but it didn't make an effect on me or any of the other people there because it seemed like the whole building was rocking and shaking going into the intros of Clocks and Viva La Vida. Lot of people getting into it and it was very fun.

This concert goes appropriately in my top 5 concerts, and now I am obsessed with their new songs.

Truthfully?

I was at the show as well. Fuuny story that we had 2 sets of 2 tickets. We decided to go with side stage seats on club level because they were closer to the stage than the lower bowl seats at the other end of the arena. about half way through the show, the whole band sprinted through the crowd on the floor to play a couple songs up in the lower bowl near the mixing station. They were practically standing in the seats we didn't use. Oh well, good show anyway!

Tim

I was at the show as well. Fuuny story that we had 2 sets of 2 tickets. We decided to go with side stage seats on club level because they were closer to the stage than the lower bowl seats at the other end of the arena. about half way through the show, the whole band sprinted through the crowd on the floor to play a couple songs up in the lower bowl near the mixing station. They were practically standing in the seats we didn't use. Oh well, good show anyway!

Tim

Wait I couldnt tell, they were actually standing on the seats??

Guys, I made a mix of a couple of Coldplay songs together to make the ULTIMATE COLDPLAY SONG EVER. The cover art is below:

coldplaymu4.jpg

I'd post the link here, but I'm not sure if I can. If it's an unreleased mix of released material, could I still post it, mods?

Guys, I made a mix of a couple of Coldplay songs together to make the ULTIMATE COLDPLAY SONG EVER. The cover art is below:

coldplaymu4.jpg

I'd post the link here, but I'm not sure if I can. If it's an unreleased mix of released material, could I still post it, mods?

On the one hand, I'd be interested in hearing it. You can PM me the link. But on the other hand, I'm quite disappointed with you. It seems that by "creating" this new mix, you've broken the cycle.

For shame. :shame: :tsk:

Thanks, LMP. I enjoyed the mix. I think it's great to have some of the better known songs that Coldplay ripped off, copied, and plagiated, in one neat six-and-a-half minute package.

Very economical. :up:

Thanks, LMP. I enjoyed the mix. I think it's great to have some of the better known songs that Coldplay ripped off, copied, and plagiated, in one neat six-and-a-half minute package.

Very economical. :up:

Copied from themselves, no less.

Glad ya liked it, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom