Coldplay - Viva La Vida - ongoing discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened to the album this morning after giving it a break for a couple of weeks. I still think it sounds fantastic and that they did a good job with it.

I, too, gave it a break as I found myself getting sick of it quite quickly - not a good sign - but luckily the album has held up very well, in fact, I'm probably enjoying it more the second time around :yes:

Does anyone else think that Lost! might be the result of the hyped contribution Timbaland was supposed to have towards the album?

I just purchased Viva La Vida... and am listening it to the first time. I have to admit my concerns about this album have been put to rest. So far it is much better than X&Y. I however will not dish out the mula to see them on this tour. The tickets are too expensive but I am ok with missing them on this tour. I have had the pleasure of seeing them many of times. :)

I love this album... at first I didn't really like COL or Lost! and thought it a 7/10 album now It's a 9/10 for me, haven't gone a day without listening to it all for about a week, and Lost is one of my favorites.... Lovers in Japan is maybe my favorite Coldplay song ever :drool:

Best album of the year so far for me :up:

Also I never understood all the hate for X & Y but I cant ever listen to it front to back like their other 3 albums and Swallowed in the Sea had me laughing after finally listening to the damn thing :lol:

someone gave me this cd last week

i put it in the player in my car
after about a song and a half

I took it out and
put the modest mouse cd back in

Since the other thread was locked I just wanted to say this one thing. Just saw that video of them from the Daily Show and wow, those clothes they're wearing look nothing like the Zooropa uniforms! What the hell, man! Give them some credit. And that version of Lost! was as beautiful as the one on the album! :love:

I wouldn't be surprised. He is world famous for his ability to write a cracking tune.

Nah, you can totally feel the Markus Dravs/Arcade Fire feel with the percussion and organs on that track, not so much Timbaland.

And that version of Lost! was as beautiful as the one on the album! :love:

If CMart could sing live, I would agree. He has more shake in his voice than Stevie Nicks after 5 hours of standing out in the snow.

picturefh7.jpg

Plus, this is the most uncool thing I've ever seen, arguably.

If CMart could sing live, I would agree. He has more shake in his voice than Stevie Nicks after 5 hours of standing out in the snow.

picturefh7.jpg

Plus, this is the most uncool thing I've ever seen, arguably.

He looks like Bruce Springsteen's skinny epileptic brother dressed as Napoleon for the school play.

I'd consider seeing them if it were less expensive, but come on, for what they charge I could go out to dinner and movie twice and not feel disappointed.

Since the other thread was locked I just wanted to say this one thing. Just saw that video of them from the Daily Show and wow, those clothes they're wearing look nothing like the Zooropa uniforms!

I'm wearing my Zooropa uniform right now! :sexywink:

He looks like Bruce Springsteen's skinny epileptic brother dressed as Napoleon for the school play.

:lol:

As Zoots says, it is a pretty great performance, disabilities and all: YouTube - COLDPLAY-Lost (live at The Daily Show 2008)

I love the drums. :drool: Definite Arcade Fire vibe, like powerhour24 mentioned.

has anybody seen this?

for folks in the DC area.. Coldplay and DC101 are doing a contest for us fans to pick the opening band for the show on Aug 3. I think this is pretty cool.. They are doing this in a few other cities..

COLDPLAY 2008 VIVA LA VIDA TOUR

from coldplaying.com:

Voting is now open for unknown acts to join the bill on Coldplay's upcoming "Viva La Vida" tour of North America.

Coldplay have announced details of a contest for six summer concerts, appealing for aspiring groups to submit video performances to their local radio station - which they have done in droves. Support roles are required for concerts in Chicago, San Jose, Philadelphia, DC, Boston and Hartford.

The members of Coldplay will then judge the three videos that receive the most votes across each station, and grant the winner a 20-minute opening slot before their performance. Here are the voting links currently available (more coming soon):

http://www.coldplayontour.com/live105/ (HP Pavilion, San Jose on July 18th)
http://www.coldplayontour.com/wtic/ (XL Center, Hartford on August 2nd)
http://www.coldplayontour.com/wwdc/ (Verizon Center, Washington on August 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom