Coldplay - Viva La Vida - ongoing discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are a fan of a place where people stalk four middle-aged men? That could explain why you hate Chris Martin. You know as he is a girl. :wink:

screwtape...I don't hang out in PLEBA...it's just cool to see what Bono's up to sometimes, or a few pics of him at the Mandela concert or a charity event or a meeting or something... and rather than looking all over the internet for it, you just go to PLEBA for a second or two :)

and I don't even care enough to search the internet to find out where Bono is...so PLEBA is a convenient place...and I'm not a woman, so I really can't relate to a lot of what goes on there...I just let it be....it doesn't really bother me too much :shrug:

So you are a fan of a place where people stalk four middle-aged men? That could explain why you hate Chris Martin. You know as he is a girl. :wink:

I gotta say, that's not really that fair a statement, I mean, not everyone there does that, and like Rob said, it is a good place if you're just curious what's going on with the band currently.

I gotta say, that's not really that fair a statement, I mean, not everyone there does that, and like Rob said, it is a good place if you're just curious what's going on with the band currently.

I kid because I love. :wink:

So many PLEBANS are my friends but at times and somethings that go on there creep me out a bit. I wouldn't call it the norm though.

:sigh:

Pfan, how are you doing? :)

Look dude...I really want you to concentrate on what I'm about to say...carefully read, carefully examine, maybe use a magnifying glass...I really don't know dude...just do something...if you don't realize how off the mark you really are after reading this post, then you need some serious help, and you need to act NOW...just like Bono tells you to do...it's the same idea dude!!! No...I kid...but seriously, try to understand, and please, take me seriously :wink:

Again, please try to take me seriously...if you haven't taken me seriously, then that's probably the reason you are so off the mark...

OK....so you begin:

and then you go on to quote me, let's take another look at that quote:

"[FONT=&quot]how can you say that "Life In Technicolor" isn't a rip of Streets/COBL?!?! Chord progressions, song structure, etc. cannot be argued based on interpretation...it is what it is..." -[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Rob33[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]now, this is where the philly fan goes crazy:

[/FONT]

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dammit philly fan!!! dammit dammit dammit.....

see this is what I've been saying the entire time....I sloppily constructed that post, and said ""[FONT=&quot]how can you say that "Life In Technicolor" isn't a rip of Streets/COBL?!?!" [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

and then immediately followed that statement up with this:

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"Chord progressions, song structure, etc. cannot be argued based on interpretation...it is what it is..."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Do you see? I first mention the Streets/Life... comparison, and then, moving on to a separate thought, mention that some things in music can't be argued based on interpretation, "it is what it is"....I didn't mean to connect the two statements like that in one paragraph...In other words, I didn't mean that the comparison between Streets/Life... "is what it is"...I just meant that some things in music are definitive, like chord progressions...separate from my feelings about Streets/Life In... - my second statement should have been completely separate, but by writing those sentences one after the other in that manner, it seemed like I was inferring that Streets/ Life.. "cannot be argued based on interpretation" ....

I'm trying to think of more crap to say to help you understand...but I honestly cannot right now...do you understand now?!?!? It's so simple what has happened here...yet I'm getting bombarded for silly reasons...I'm not trying to "cover my ass" or anything like that....or "insult" you as you suggested...If anything, you should apologize for randomly accusing me of things...
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I don't want to prolong this argument, so I'm just not going to comment further. I'm not conceding anything. I'm just done. It'll be circular from here on out, and I can see where it's going to go ... it's just not worth it. He said/he said arguments never go anywhere.

didn't catch this until just now....Lem, what do you have against PLEBA? PLEBA is a nice place...And I do visit there from time to time...but thanks anyway :wave:

When I want to drool over pictures of male band members, that's where I'll go. I'm sure there are plenty of nice and decent people there, too.

Plus, if I wanna know where Bono is, I think, "Wait, do I really give a shit?" and then move on.

That always helps.

I don't want to prolong this argument, so I'm just not going to comment further. I'm not conceding anything. I'm just done. It'll be circular from here on out, and I can see where it's going to go ... it's just not worth it. He said/he said arguments never go anywhere.

:lol:

Ok pfan, whatever you say...:laugh:

I'm trying to think of more crap to say to help you understand...but I honestly cannot right now...do you understand now?!?!? It's so simple what has happened here...yet I'm getting bombarded for silly reasons...I'm not trying to "cover my ass" or anything like that....or "insult" you as you suggested...If anything, you should apologize for randomly accusing me of things...

Rob, some advice then.
Use proper punctuation. It not only helps us to understand your arguments, it also prevents all these 'covering your ass' associations. Because whether you meant it like that or not (as you now claim), you did say it like that.
So no ellipsis-abuse, please. And try to make use of paragraphs, like you did in the post I quoted partially above. It'll improve the readability a lot.

:)

so PLEBA ......I just let it be....it doesn't really bother me too much :shrug:

What a concept. Some of the people on this site could learn something from that attitude. :wink:

Hey, GirlsAloudFan, guess what? I was listening to the Brixton Coldplay show, and at the end of "Square One," Chrissy Baby threw in a snippet of Girls Aloud's "Call the Shots"!

It was hilarious and awesome.

wow.

That is amazing. What part did he sing? The chorus?

"Just cuz youre raising the bet and call the shots nowwwwww....on me....oooooh!!! It really doesn't phase me how you spend your timeeeeeeee....ooooowooooo"

?

That seriously is awesome.

Chris Martin just became kinda cool in my book.

Cori, guess what I'm doing right now. I'm BLASTING call the shots as loud as I can out of my speakers and dancing like an idiot. I love you, thanks for this news.

Happy day!!!

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

HA! I knew I could make you like Coldplay. :wink:

It was the chorus .. he was playing the end of the song on the piano, and then tossed in the Girls Aloud lyrics, then segued into "Trouble."

It was the chorus .. he was playing the end of the song on the piano, and then tossed in the Girls Aloud lyrics, then segued into "Trouble."

Is that Chrissy Martin up to no good again? It's bad enough that he's stealing from U2, Arcade Fire, Radiohead, David Bowie etc. But does he have to start copying Girls Aloud, too? Also, clearly he's taken Bono's penchant for snippetting random songs.

The bastard. :down:

Here's a link:

http://www.media fire.com/?netb3nyxtut (as always, take out the space in the link)

GirlsAloudFan, if you want to skip the Coldplayness altogether, start listening at about 4:30 into the track. :wink:

Is that Chrissy Martin up to no good again? It's bad enough that he's stealing from U2, Arcade Fire, Radiohead, David Bowie etc. But does he have to start copying Girls Aloud, too? Also, clearly he's taken Bono's penchant for snippetting random songs.

The bastard. :down:

The A-L-O-U-D influences EVERYONE in their own way.

The Girls Aloud are an energy that surrounds us...flows through us...binds us.

Chris Martin could learn a thing or two from Cheryl, Nicola, Nadine, Sarah, and Kimberley. Seriously. This is nothing but a good thing. :up:

I can see it now:

Coldplay Aloud: The Duets Album to be released in 2010.

:hyper: !!!

I still maintain that "Call the Shots" is one of the most brilliant pop songs ever recorded. It's neck and neck with Kylie's "I Believe In You."

If only I could find a karaoke bar that had Girls Aloud songs. I might have to see if I can buy my own ... but then I'd become one of those karaoke-ers, who carry around their binder full of their own special discs. :shift: :reject:

Anyway. Topic?

I like Coldplay. Deal with it. :wink:

Screw the topic.

Let's talk about Girls Aloud more. Yes, if there was a Karaoke bar that had Love Machine, Wake Me Up, Sound of the Underground, No Good Advice, Biology, Call the Shots, etc....

i would live there.

I just listened to it, and it was cool how he actually name-dropped them after the song. Snippeting the Aloud in concert is easily the best thing Chris Martin has ever done with his life.

DIME has the DVD of: "Coldplay Live at the BBC" 18th June 2008 BBC Studios, London, England" up...

downloading now..

here's the set:

Tracklist:
01 Violet Hill
02 Clocks
03 In My Place
04 Viva La Vida
05 42
06 Trouble
07 Lost!
08 Yellow
09 Fix You