Coldplay - LP7: A Head Full of Dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The internets would have imploded if David Bowie walked out to help finish Uptown Funk.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The internets would have imploded if David Bowie walked out to help finish Uptown Funk.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Imagine if Bowie had walked out during Coldplay's performance, said "this isn't very good, is it?" and took over the show. :cute:

Last edited:
Coldplay were awful at the superbowl
Chris Martin cant sing to save his life and he is a massive sell out - sucks up to anyone to remain popular, teaming up with trash like Beyonce

Meanwhile, here is Australia's foremost white conservative commentator weighing in on something he doesn't fucking remotely understand

Ca0wPs-UsAADe99.png

I mean, for fucks sake.

They were dressed like Michael Jackson and his backup dancers from Jacko's Super Bowl performance.

While I don't think she looked like a stripper (sorry, too much clothes on lol)...I'm also not sure I understand why some are trying to deny her message.

Was every single last thing about her performance a tribute to Malcolm X/the Black Panther movement? Clearly not.

But was there an overt political message being sent and at least some homage being paid vis a vis costuming, formation of dancers, etc? I'd say so, most definitely.

And I'm quite alright with that. Good for her. :up:

Well, that's kindof the point I'm making. Reducing her performance to merely being about giving a nod to MJ and shouting out Red Lobster is just as troubling to me as the people crying "omg racissst dancerz!!11!1!"

I'm obviously joking when I say her performance is about red lobster or other junk but i think this lobster thing is getting way more attention.
and IM fine with her political(?) statement and "black power." I mean Phil Anselmo did white power garbage and he's not blamed too much (or even defended by some metalheads), then Beyonce shouldn't be blamed by her performance. it's her/her team's statement, why should we interfere with that?

I'm obviously joking when I say her performance is about red lobster or other junk but i think this lobster thing is getting way more attention.
and IM fine with her political(?) statement and "black power." I mean Phil Anselmo did white power garbage and he's not blamed too much (or even defended by some metalheads), then Beyonce shouldn't be blamed by her performance. it's her/her team's statement, why should we interfere with that?

Ah, ok! Gotcha. Agreed.

Sometimes I need this guy to understand words on a screen: :wink:

lol

While I don't think she looked like a stripper (sorry, too much clothes on lol)...I'm also not sure I understand why some are trying to deny her message.

Was every single last thing about her performance a tribute to Malcolm X/the Black Panther movement? Clearly not.

But was there an overt political message being sent and at least some homage being paid vis a vis costuming, formation of dancers, etc? I'd say so, most definitely.

And I'm quite alright with that. Good for her. :up:

Her song choice, clearly, was a political statement.

Her outfit was a nod of support to child molesters, err, I mean Michael Jackson.

Winky face.

The tour so far has been really good. The set lists have been longer, usually around 22-24 songs. They're brought some back some early stuff out of the grave. I never thought they would do "See You Soon" again.
"Hymn for the Weekend" is better live minus Beyoncé and with the addition of a great light show. The album version is still trash.
Still their weakest album IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The setlists have been great, but dropping Politik after two shows is a no-no.

Agreed. Politik is a monster.
I think they're trying to scale back on Rush of Blood to the Head. "In My Place" isn't a regular for the first time ever.
I wish they would play "Strawberry Swing" and "Lovers In Japan". Two of their best songs.

Back
Top Bottom