Coldplay - LP7: A Head Full of Dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since some fans claim that this album is their Pop, is this video their own 'Staring At The Sun - Miami version'?

[Although I find this song somehow unfinished, maybe the only one that I quite like]
AHFOD really isn't Coldplays Pop by any stretch of the imagination. Pop has aged sell and actually is good.

Great album and I agree with the band that this is the Day to the Night of Ghost Stories. I'm not sure yet which album is better though. All tour dates are outside of North America so far. I wonder when and where they will play in the States.

If they're thinking of doing a tour like the Mylo Xyloto one, then they'll probably do a short North American leg in April and May, and a more extensive one after the European leg.

I kind of want to see Coldplay finally, but 90 minutes of nu-Coldplay for $100 doesn't really appeal to me, even if they're wrapping things up.

I'll just check out their farewell DVD, The Short Goodbye.

I kind of want to see Coldplay finally, but 90 minutes of nu-Coldplay for $100 doesn't really appeal to me, even if they're wrapping things up.

I'll just check out their farewell DVD, The Short Goodbye.

Coldplay is a great live band. I have seen every one of their tours going back to the first one in 2001 for Parachutes album.

From what I've seen and heard, they play great shows but they're pathetically short. Plus, wtf did they cut The Scientist from both the Live 2003 and Live 2012 CD's. There was also no CD/DVD for the Twisted Logic and Viva La Vida Tours. They made a big mistake by not having anything live to show from their prime.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

There was also no CD/DVD for the Twisted Logic and Viva La Vida Tours. They made a big mistake by not having anything live to show from their prime.

The did put out LeftRightLeftRightLeft on CD in 2009, which I'm pretty sure was recorded on the Viva tour. The CD was never sold, but instead given out at concerts. Pretty easy to find a used copy.

Live, U2 are far superior. I've seen Coldplay 6 times and they're good but not up to U2s level.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

They're one of the few acts that have put together a production for a tour as good as U2's. By that, I mean, MX was in the same ballpark as 360. Though, I think the stadium element really made 360 "larger than life," giving it the edge.

From what I've seen and heard, they play great shows but they're pathetically short. Plus, wtf did they cut The Scientist from both the Live 2003 and Live 2012 CD's. There was also no CD/DVD for the Twisted Logic and Viva La Vida Tours. They made a big mistake by not having anything live to show from their prime.

On Youtube you can find a 2006 Twisted Logic Toronto show that was recorded with the intention of being released, but never was for reasons that I don't know.

The best proshot footage of VLV Tour I can find is an MTV broadcast of one of the Tokyo shows.

I agree that something should've been released to showcase Coldplay's rise to prominence as a live band. Going from a small theater like venue on the 2003 DVD to the enormous Stade de France in 2012 definitely leaves some gaps. Although youtube really fills in the gaps for everybody.

Imagine after U2 had released Red Rocks in 1983 and then didn't release any live footage again until 1992's Zoo TV. That'd kind of leave you wondering "WTF happened?" That's kind of the same contrast Coldplay's live releases gave us.

Coldplay puts on a great performance, but for whatever reason they think that their headlining concerts are really just festival sets, cause they're wayyyyy too fucking short for a band that's been around as long as they have and with as many hits as they've had.

I've seen them three times... Once at Hammerstein Ballroom for a Viva las Vida promo, once at the Global Citizen's Festival, and one headlining show at Barclays Center. The headliner was barely longer than the festival and promo shows.

80 minutes? Really? The fuck out of here.

Coldplay puts on a great performance, but for whatever reason they think that their headlining concerts are really just festival sets, cause they're wayyyyy too fucking short for a band that's been around as long as they have and with as many hits as they've had.

And for the prices they charge.

I wouldn't see them again on this tour, not with hating the last two albums. I did really enjoy the Mylo Xyloto show I saw (despite its frustrating length).

Sooooo Beyoncé will be joining Coldplay for halftime. This sort of sounds really stupid on Coldplay's part, and irritates me. Because it either means she's going to be taking the Coldplay out of Coldplay inside one of their classics, or we are getting Princess of China. Which is a good song in its own right, but also means we are getting one less of a classic.

Sooooo Beyoncé will be joining Coldplay for halftime. This sort of sounds really stupid on Coldplay's part, and irritates me. Because it either means she's going to be taking the Coldplay out of Coldplay inside one of their classics, or we are getting Princess of China. Which is a good song in its own right, but also means we are getting one less of a classic.

We would be getting Hymn for the Weekend. Princess of China is with Rihanna.

How is that possible for a band who only has one song you like?

I mean what if they don't play that one song? You're screwed...

But... it shows a band that isn't "safe" and "takes chances," regardless of what the crowd wants! :lol:

We would be getting Hymn for the Weekend. Princess of China is with Rihanna.

Lol I'm well aware that it's Rihanna. I haven't listened to too much of the new album, but I don't recall Beyoncé's part warranting a guest appearance. Princess of China was a really big song, and sort of gives that duet appeal.

Maybe I need to listen to Hymn again, but that's just my initial impression.

Lol I'm well aware that it's Rihanna. I haven't listened to too much of the new album, but I don't recall Beyoncé's part warranting a guest appearance. Princess of China was a really big song, and sort of gives that duet appeal.

Maybe I need to listen to Hymn again, but that's just my initial impression.

Hymn is the worst song they've ever recorded imo. They're blowing this opportunity during the SB to promote a new single.

Hymn is the worst song they've ever recorded imo. They're blowing this opportunity during the SB to promote a new single.

Coldplay are dying a bloated death. It doesn't matter what songs they play at the Superbowl, creatively they're finished.

At least Mylo Xyloto and Ghost Stories had enough good songs that I wanted to hear those albums more than once. That's how I feel about it.

Back
Top Bottom