Coldplay - LP7: A Head Full of Dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm let's see:

1. A lot of interference hates it.
2. A lot of interference says it's like a follow up to my favorite Coldplay record (like that's a bad thing).
3. Someone says Chris Martin's vocals are lower in the mix.

Sounds like I'm gonna love it.

Hmmm let's see:

2. A lot of interference says it's like a follow up to my favorite Coldplay record (like that's a bad thing).

Don't get your hopes up. Mylo Xyloto is much, much better imo. It's not much of a follow up. It is really bad.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

MX is horrendous IMO and have no idea why anyone looks back on it fondly. I thought its inconsistency and perky energy was kind of bracing the first time, but I cringe listening to it and its terrible, brickwalled production now. Paradise is legit one of my least favorite songs of the decade. PARA PARA OHHOHHWAOOOAHHHOOOOO

In fact, I'll go against the grain and say I slightly prefer AHFOD. But boy oh boy is it not the direction I wanted them to take. I could see Tourist liking it though if he loved MX.

Last edited:
I'll stand by Princess of China and Major Minus as really good tracks. I might be in the minority with that first one, though.

MX, GS & AHFOD definitely have their moments. Still nothing like their old stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Lol. Not that I have any desire to ever defend Coldplay, but damn. A couple people really feel the need to post their hate for the album repeatedly.

Lol. Not that I have any desire to ever defend Coldplay, but damn. A couple people really feel the need to post their hate for the album repeatedly.

That reminds me. Hey, TheFox and Batfink, what do you think of the new album??? :hyper:

Hmmm let's see:

you're a special guy, tourist. in a good way, of course.

I'll stand by Princess of China and Major Minus as really good tracks. I might be in the minority with that first one, though.

Charlie Brown is a pearler as well.

Big fan of Princess of China, but I'm pretty much a sucker for anything that involves Rihanna.

Hymn for the Weekend always reminds me of Cheers (Drink to That) for its glorification of alcohol consumption.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Coldplay first week sales to date:

VLV = 700k
MX = 447k
Ghost Stories = 383k
AFHOD = 190k

The people have spoken.

Coldplay first week sales to date:

VLV = 700k
MX = 447k
Ghost Stories = 383k
AFHOD = 190k

The people have spoken.

Not to come in defense of Coldplay but let's be honest here... times have changed and continue to change. Album sales for everyone are like that. It would also help to point out the activity on their singles.

Not to come in defense of Coldplay but let's be honest here... times have changed and continue to change. Album sales for everyone are like that. It would also help to point out the activity on their singles.

Adele just smashed the sales record a couple weeks ago. People would still buy the record if it was a) any good or b) spawned a smash hit.

Currently, Adventure of a Lifetime is up to a whopping #53 on the pop charts. Magic, the previous album's lead single, reached #14.

Hard to spin this era as a success so far. Many artists are seeing sales drops, but 50% in a year is terrible.

Last edited:
Well I'd argue that Adele's single is just way bigger than anything at the moment, really.

I imagine Coldplay's single will rise. They're hardly "done" by any stretch of the imagination.

For some reason I got it in my head that this album was called 'A Month of Sundays'. The actual title is no less bland.

I like Princess of China, but I like a lot of pop music, so .... yeah.

I like that song, too :). And Mylo Xyloto in general.

Have only heard a couple songs from the newest one thus far-"Adventure" I didn't mind, the other was "eh"...but the talk about it has me really curious :D. Will give the album a listen in full sometime in the coming days here.

Between their last two albums...

Foo Fighters declined 19%
Pearl Jam declined 12%
Maroon 5 declined 26%
Arcade Fire declined 15%
Vampire Weekend rose 8%
Arctic Monkeys rose 71%
Black Keys declined 20%

Coldplay declined 50%

Last edited:
Man, I couldn't care less about record sales if I tried. Most of my favorite bands probably don't make enough to not have to have day jobs.

Between their last two albums...

Foo Fighters declined 19%
Pearl Jam declined 12%
Maroon 5 declined 26%
Arcade Fire declined 15%
Vampire Weekend rose 8%
Arctic Monkeys rose 71%
Black Keys declined 20%

Coldplay declined 50%

Fair enough, that is a larger than usual decline... I doubt I'll be buying it any time soon, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom