Coldplay - LP7: A Head Full of Dreams - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-11-2015, 05:41 AM   #121
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
intedomine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 7,750
Local Time: 04:59 PM
I don't think he'll react that way when he will still be performing to crowds of tens of thousands.


Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin
__________________

__________________
intedomine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 07:05 AM   #122
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dan_smee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 11,131
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Coldplay - LP7: A Head Full of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadForIt View Post
Best moment on the album is delivered by Noel Gallagher



Coldplay have never been great. Not even the best Brit band of last 15 years.

Chris Martin will top himself at the fact his music is shite and people don't like it.

Man you say some fucked up shit sometimes.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
dan_smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 07:50 AM   #123
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
nielsgov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Belgium
Posts: 8,352
Local Time: 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Again View Post
am I the only person who ironically loves Adventure of Lifetime?
I just love it.
__________________
nielsgov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:04 AM   #124
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 51,730
Local Time: 12:59 AM
I think every album they've been released after viva la vida has garnered an "ehrrrmagad did is zhit!" response on interference.

It's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be, but if you're looking for anything complicated or deep, you really shouldn't be looking at Coldplay anyways.

I mean really... Yellow? Come on. Good song but even Chris himself admits that the lyrics are utterly meaningless.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:55 AM   #125
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Kieran McConville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Auto Dafoe
Posts: 8,999
Local Time: 03:59 PM
I'm not sure that the last fifteen, let alone twenty years, have been that great for British bands in general. In fact if you take Radiohead out of the equation, the last twenty five years start looking pretty horrific.
__________________
Kieran McConville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:31 AM   #126
The Fly
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 198
Local Time: 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I think every album they've been released after viva la vida has garnered an "ehrrrmagad did is zhit!" response on interference.

It's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be, but if you're looking for anything complicated or deep, you really shouldn't be looking at Coldplay anyways.

I mean really... Yellow? Come on. Good song but even Chris himself admits that the lyrics are utterly meaningless.
Ok, it's not the worst thing I've ever heard but come on, it's pretty bland and it'll probably appeal to the masses because of that, at best it's a 5/10. Not a patch on their earlier stuff.
They've definitely taken a weird direction lately, at one point I actually thought they may be able to get to U2s level of creativity but that's long gone as they seem to be in a downward spiral now.

What really annoys though is that they seem to have sold out to gain popularity and younger fans, all the stupid ape videos, neon colors and poppy production just screams cheap gimmicks because the music isn't that good.
__________________
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:38 AM   #127
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,319
Local Time: 12:59 AM
I think my biggest complaint about the album is its lack of originality, its literally the definition of "generic Coldplay" if that makes any sense. At least MX and Ghost Stories went in different directions, this is just bland and inoffensive. I'm not asking for ground breaking stuff, just something even slightly different.
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:09 PM   #128
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Mack_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Not Osaka
Posts: 5,182
Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
I'm not sure that the last fifteen, let alone twenty years, have been that great for British bands in general. In fact if you take Radiohead out of the equation, the last twenty five years start looking pretty horrific.
Muse was okay, until Matt took an arrow to the knee.
__________________
Mack_Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:25 PM   #129
War Child
 
Hawkmoon269's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Lalaloopsy land
Posts: 879
Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFox View Post
Ok, it's not the worst thing I've ever heard but come on, it's pretty bland and it'll probably appeal to the masses because of that, at best it's a 5/10. Not a patch on their earlier stuff.
They've definitely taken a weird direction lately, at one point I actually thought they may be able to get to U2s level of creativity but that's long gone as they seem to be in a downward spiral now.

What really annoys though is that they seem to have sold out to gain popularity and younger fans, all the stupid ape videos, neon colors and poppy production just screams cheap gimmicks because the music isn't that good.
Don't forget the collaborations, I feel like those are gimmicky too.
__________________
Hawkmoon269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:28 PM   #130
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 35,934
Local Time: 09:59 PM
While I'd agree that the last 15 years have been pretty weak, if you go back further than that you're ignoring all the great 90s bands. Whether it's to your taste or not, it would be pretty odd to label an era "horrific" when it has Pulp, Blur, The Verve, The Stone Roses, Super Furry Animals, Suede, etc.
__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:33 PM   #131
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Fez
Posts: 23,876
Local Time: 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
While I'd agree that the last 15 years have been pretty weak, if you go back further than that you're ignoring all the great 90s bands. Whether it's to your taste or not, it would be pretty odd to label an era "horrific" when it has Pulp, Blur, The Verve, The Stone Roses, Super Furry Animals, Suede, etc.
And Doves. They're great. Unfortunately I don't know if we'll ever get another album.
__________________
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:40 PM   #132
The Fly
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 198
Local Time: 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon269 View Post
Don't forget the collaborations, I feel like those are gimmicky too.
The Gweneth Paltrow parts on the album are terrible, cringe worthy nevermind the Obama speech. What was going through Chris Martins head when he thought that would be good?
__________________
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:43 PM   #133
A childless dog
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 64,365
Local Time: 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I think every album they've been released after viva la vida has garnered an "ehrrrmagad did is zhit!" response on interference.

It's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be, but if you're looking for anything complicated or deep, you really shouldn't be looking at Coldplay anyways.

I mean really... Yellow? Come on. Good song but even Chris himself admits that the lyrics are utterly meaningless.
It's bad. Just because they've released bad/not deep/not meaningful albums in the past doesn't make this one less bad.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:19 PM   #134
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,236
Local Time: 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
It's bad. Just because they've released bad/not deep/not meaningful albums in the past doesn't make this one less bad.




Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
bobsaget77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:21 PM   #135
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,069
Local Time: 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadForIt View Post
Best moment on the album is delivered by Noel Gallagher



Coldplay have never been great. Not even the best Brit band of last 15 years.

Chris Martin will top himself at the fact his music is shite and people don't like it.

Funny, because the numbers disagree with just about everything you said.
__________________

__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com