Coldplay - LP7: A Head Full of Dreams - Page 48 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2017, 10:58 AM   #706
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImOuttaControl View Post
Seeing them live a few weeks ago, I have no doubt that this album could have been awesome as the songs come alive in concert. For example, I can't stand Adventure of a Lifetime on the album but the song was fun as hell in concert. Everglow turned into a beautiful, stripped back ballad and Up & Up turned into a great healing type of song live. I truly hope that they go back to Eno and get some atmosphere back into the songs for their next album. Poor album production yes, but great songs.
The Minneapolis show? I was up in the front for that one seeing them for the first time since the Viva la Vida tour. The crowd was very suburban where I was, haha, but I enjoyed seeing them again.

Not sure I agree on the production aspect, but I agree that a lot of the newer songs came to life in a live environment. Hearing stuff like Charlie Brown and Don't Panic is sending me back into the older albums too just to revisit them and see what I might have overlooked. MX was sort of the beginning of a downturn for me listening to them, but there's some good stuff on the recent albums too.

trevgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:04 AM   #707
War Child

Local Time: 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgreg View Post
The Minneapolis show? I was up in the front for that one seeing them for the first time since the Viva la Vida tour. The crowd was very suburban where I was, haha, but I enjoyed seeing them again.

Not sure I agree on the production aspect, but I agree that a lot of the newer songs came to life in a live environment. Hearing stuff like Charlie Brown and Don't Panic is sending me back into the older albums too just to revisit them and see what I might have overlooked. MX was sort of the beginning of a downturn for me listening to them, but there's some good stuff on the recent albums too.
I found their live show strange when I saw it last year. On the one hand you've got incredible live songs like Clocks but on the other you've got utter rubbish like Hymn For the Weekend and then some weird terrible dance type remix track. I remember seeing them live 4 times way back in 2002-2004 and I really thought they could be the new U2 but I just find most of their stuff after VLV poor, some of it is OK but it really doesn't hit anywhere near the highs of their early output Albums and b-sides(AICTAIY aside).

TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:10 PM   #708
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:53 PM
I mean it sounds to me like you just think Hymn for the Weekend is a garbage song. Because it is. And everyone love Clocks.

But they play both of them wonderfully, live. You can still perform a bad song well, live. Doesn't make it a good song, it makes you a good performer/good production.

LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote