Coldplay - LP7: A Head Full of Dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's really interesting, given how absolutely minimal the stage setup was for that tour, especially compared to latter ones. Maybe the difficulty just came from it being the first tour where U2 could even play stadiums.

Why couldn't U2 do something like this?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Because Coldplay clearly loves their fans and everything they do is for their fans. They're probably the most humble, down to earth mega superstars i've ever seen. It's what really attracted me to them and why they're my all time favorite band.
U2, on the other hand, doesn't give a rip about their fans. They do nothing for them. They're mega self-absorbed ego-maniacs. Sorry, but it's just the truth. They'd rather suck up to the politicians and societal elites than do anything for their fans.
The main reason Coldplay is doing this is so that they can bring some fresh material for the new leg of the tour. They've done this on all of their tours. One of the few bands out there who still makes quality b-sides.
They're also recording a live album in the coming months and a Spotify Session EP on Monday.

Last edited:
I've wished for a stripped down version of this song and it is so excellent, but I wish the Ali sound were not inserted at the end. And don't get me wrong, I love me some Ali sound.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I've wished for a stripped down version of this song and it is so excellent, but I wish the Ali sound were not inserted at the end. And don't get me wrong, I love me some Ali sound.

There's another version without it.

I mean I think this was their first repulsive album, but I'm not sure "having no genre" is a bad thing.

But this album definitely has a genre.

I declined to go and see them this time out. The Mylo Xyloto tour left me pretty cold. It's impressive seeing them whirr through the massive amount of huge hits they have but the Viva La Vida shows were a lot better.

Still got a little bit of fomo.

I'm very tempted to buy a ticket to their Miami show, but it's on August 28th and I can't buy a ticket so far in advance. Been checking the Ticketmaster page every day to see if it's sold out and thankfully it still isn't. Don't think it will last long, though.

I'm very tempted to buy a ticket to their Miami show, but it's on August 28th and I can't buy a ticket so far in advance. Been checking the Ticketmaster page every day to see if it's sold out and thankfully it still isn't. Don't think it will last long, though.
You're really not missing much. Saw them in the summer and it was a bizarre​ mix of really brilliant (Clocks) and terrible sugar pop (Hymn For The Weekend).

U2, on the other hand, doesn't give a rip about their fans. They do nothing for them. They're mega self-absorbed ego-maniacs. Sorry, but it's just the truth. They'd rather suck up to the politicians and societal elites than do anything for their fans.

Apart from Larry.

Because Coldplay clearly loves their fans and everything they do is for their fans. They're probably the most humble, down to earth mega superstars i've ever seen. It's what really attracted me to them and why they're my all time favorite band.
The main reason Coldplay is doing this is so that they can bring some fresh material for the new leg of the tour. They've done this on all of their tours. One of the few bands out there who still makes quality b-sides.
They're also recording a live album in the coming months and a Spotify Session EP on Monday.

Hahahhahahahahha I missed this earlier.

You realise Trump is an elite in every single sense of the word?

What the hell?!?!?

I declined to go and see them this time out. The Mylo Xyloto tour left me pretty cold. It's impressive seeing them whirr through the massive amount of huge hits they have but the Viva La Vida shows were a lot better.

Still got a little bit of fomo.

How could you not like MX? I thought that was top 5 for me in terms of production.

Apart from Larry.

Except Larry is the worst. Come on. At least the other three throw a picture up on Instagram every once in awhile. Larry seems to have checked out a long time ago, it's my guess that he's the one holding back this band the most, he doesn't really seem to want to make music anymore.

U2's next album probably won't be that great to their standards and will still beat anything Coldplay's released since Viva La Vida.

Coldplay need to step their game up as a live band because the songwriting well ran dry a while ago.

Back
Top Bottom