Coldplay - LP7: A Head Full of Dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I often go back and forth between Blood to the Head and Viva La Vida.
Both great albums.
I also go back and forth between Ghost Stories and Parachutes as my 3&4.

Maybe this is heresy, but I'd easily take Coldplay over post-2000 U2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellow-Every Teardrop-The Scientist in the first five songs? Not sold on that at all but good on them for playing around with the sets more.

Scientists sound like a song that should be kept for the encore or at least the end of regular set.

Maybe this is heresy, but I'd easily take Coldplay over post-2000 U2.

Well Chris is now the same age as Bono was when he entered post 2000. Coldplay up to now vs U2 up to 99; no comparison. Coldplay post 2016; signs point to more Bon Jovi than U2.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I know I'm super late to the party, but Viva La Vida might be my favorite album of all time. For some reason I never got into this album, but the last few months I've really connected to it.
I think I have a perfect track listing as well. Double album with Prospekt's March tracks.

Side A
1 - Life In Technicolor
2 - Cemeteries of London
3 - Glass of Water
4 - Lost!
5 - Rainy Day
6 - Yes
7 - Chinese Sleep Chant
8 - Lovers In Japan (Osaka Sun Mix)
Side B
9 - Postcards From Far Away
10 - Viva La Vida
11 - Violet Hill
12 - Prospekt's March/Poppyfields
13 - Strawberry Swing
14 - 42
15 - Death and All His Friends
16 - Life In Technicolor ii

One of the most cohesive albums I've ever heard. Flows incredibly well.
I love the Life In Technicolor opening and closing, plus "The Escapist" segueing into "LIT ii" is seamless and full circle.
"Prospekt's March/Poppyfields" is the most underrated Coldplay song IMO. Really understated and beautiful song.
"Violet Hill", "Lovers In Japan", "Strawberry Swing" and "42" are top notch Coldplay songs.
Again, I realize this is 8 years late, but better late than never.

Yeah I would definitely agree about its cohesiveness and full length listenability. Certainly one of my favorite all time albums.

Are you guys seriously talking about your all time lists? I like Viva La Vida as much as the next person, it's easily my favorite Coldplay album, but it isn't THAT good.

Are you guys seriously talking about your all time lists? I like Viva La Vida as much as the next person, it's easily my favorite Coldplay album, but it isn't THAT good.

Right? It was pretty fucked to read three consecutive posts like it :lol:

I love it, but not quite that much.

Well 8th best album from 2008 according to Rateyourmusic is fucking comedy album (I actually immensely like Louis CK, so don't get me wrong).

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Came across this great version of "A Rush of Blood to the Head" from a few weeks back.
https://youtu.be/Q-Nw31eMyx8

Can't believe they dug this one out of the grave. Hadn't been played in 10 years and was an audience request. Why can't U2 do this kind of stuff?!?

What were Zooropa and The Fly during 360?

U2 does that somewhat often.

Once in a blue moon, but never have they done audience requests. They're too scared that it won't be perfect. They have such an extensive catalogue that goes completely unnoticed.
Can't believe it hadn't been played in nine years. Great song. Although I can't believe 2007 is nine years ago. I saw that tour.

One of their best songs IMO.

Last edited:
Once in a blue moon, but never have they done audience requests. They're too scared that it won't be perfect. They have such an extensive catalogue that goes completely unnoticed.

One of their best songs IMO.

Come on... You're not naive. CP knew this song was being asked for and had this planned. And yes, U2 has done the same thing, they've played "audience request" before, they've played a 'rarity' song pretending like it's completely spontaneous.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom