Coldplay - LP7: A Head Full of Dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Conclusion: Beyoncé plays neither Coldplay song featuring female lead vocals. Instead, she plays a Bruno Mars song and dances.

Welp. There you have it.

I think it got off to a fine start with Viva la Vida and all the strings and horns and whatnot... and then stock in Coldplay went through the floor when they plugged Adventure of a Lifetime.

I was expecting Beyoncé to steal their thunder from the moment they announced she was going to be one of the special guests.

In terms of the halftime show, Beyoncé and Bruno saved the day. Coldplay was surprisingly underwhelming.

I'm really confused as to how anyone thinks Beyoncé stole any thunder?

Genuinely curious, what did you guys watch? I watched Beyoncé just dancing and singing Uptown Funk.

I see the super bowl commercial finally got to someone.

I actually watched the halftime show on youtube; yeah it was like 60% uptown funk, 2% beyonce, 20% CP and 12% awkward meme when Bono was Chris' background when they aired montage of past halftime shows.

Some "celebrity" I never heard of until tonight genuinely thought Coldplay was Maroon 5 and tweeted it and since deleted her tweet but was screen grabbed and is now making the rounds. Her name is Taraji Henson.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Some "celebrity" I never heard of until tonight genuinely thought Coldplay was Maroon 5 and tweeted it and since deleted her tweet but was screen grabbed and is now making the rounds. Her name is Taraji Henson.

that's very tragic, i guess.

EDIT: i googled her and she was in Empire, apparently

Well they're both soulless pop sellouts, so I don't blame her, really. Colour me unsurprised that the same Coldplay who just released by far their worst album managed to fuck up a Super Bowl spot.

I'm really confused as to how anyone thinks Beyoncé stole any thunder?

Genuinely curious, what did you guys watch? I watched Beyoncé just dancing and singing Uptown Funk.

I just meant that she gains more from it, she released a new single yesterday and announced an stadium tour after her appearance at the halftime show. I was expecting Coldplay to kinda do that for their tour

Coldplay really got the shitty end of the stick for this halftime show.

If they wanted to do a retro-throwback type show, DO THAT! Have Springsteen, Bruno, Beyonce, Madonna, U2, whoever the hell will show up, and have a 50th anniversary retro show.

This show tried to be too many things. The big explosion at the beginning of the coda of "Fix You" is a BIG moment at a Coldplay concert, like when the lights come on for Streets. But what were they showing instead at that moment? Footage of Springsteen from 7 years ago! It's just too bad, because this was Coldplay's chance to show America that they do have the chops to be a stadium band. Instead they ended up looking like the awkward, nerdy white guys at a black fraternity party. (Yes the movie Road Trip is what I'm basing that on).

Last edited:
FullSizeRender_1.jpg

This pic of Bono from the 2002 Superb Owl Halftime rehearsal is awesome.

Last edited:
Coldplay might have gone over better if Chris had been less pitchy. He's never been a good singer live.

Cancel The football game, send Coldplay and Bruno Mars home, Beyoncé performs for three hours, now we're talking.

I thought it was super entertaining aside from the fact that I hate Uptown Funk.

Very odd. Coldplay are great live, but not as a Superb Owl halftime show. Beyonce however, slayed. And then announced her stadium tour.

Sent from my SM-G920V using U2 Interference mobile app

looks like Beyoncé stole Coldplay's thunder

Looks like Bruno Mars stole Coldplay's thunder.

I think Broncos is definitely stealing everybody's thunder

I was expecting Beyoncé to steal their thunder from the moment they announced she was going to be one of the special guests.

In terms of the halftime show, Beyoncé and Bruno saved the day. Coldplay was surprisingly underwhelming.

Cancel The football game, send Coldplay and Bruno Mars home, Beyoncé performs for three hours, now we're talking.

Queen B can do no wrong.

I thought Coldplay did great and wish they had not included Beyonce and Bruno Mars in the show, as it took time away from Coldplay. I enjoy a good four piece rock band. Bruno Mars could have done something similar, but chose to go the dance pop way.

Beyonce was a disaster. Looking and dancing like a stripper at a nightclub has little to do with music.

Coldplay's performance was the closest to U2's performance from 14 years ago at the Super Bowl, while Beyonce's was the furthest from it.

Back
Top Bottom