Coldplay - LP7: A Head Full of Dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I enjoy it more than a couple of their other records. It's Coldplay being fun.

Lol I'm well aware that it's Rihanna. I haven't listened to too much of the new album, but I don't recall Beyoncé's part warranting a guest appearance. Princess of China was a really big song, and sort of gives that duet appeal.

Maybe I need to listen to Hymn again, but that's just my initial impression.

Wait, you actually think there's a chance that Beyoncé would perform Rihanna's part in Princess of China with Coldplay at the Super Bowl?

So how are you all feeling about this new album?!??

It's...how can I put this gently...

giphy.gif

been away for ages, log in to give my thoughts about new album by God, & people prattling on about coldplay, beyonce & rihanna, what the fuck is going on here, on a BOWIE thread, how in fucks name can people mention those said karaoke singers & U2 tribute bands on a fucking BOWIE thread!!!!! rant over,

Anyway, Blackstar, wow! well worth the wait, again, from the LEGEND that is DAVID BOWIE, the title track is the particular jewel in this crown, can't say I was too keen on Sue, from the Nothing Has Changed best of, much prefer this re-working, Lazarus,Dollar Days, & I Can't Give...are deliciously laid back slabs of BOWIE at his coolest, Girl Loves Me, as Samuel L. Jackson would say, "you kiss your mother with that mouth!" can't see it being released as a single, but catchy as hell, if I have any gripes about this album, there's not enough of it, should have saved Atomica, & The Informer from The Next Day Extra to put on here, but all in all, another great album from Bowie, 4.7/5:up:

yeah, jesus my eyesight is bad!
carry on with yer tribute bands & karaoke singers, I'm off to better pastures!

been away for ages, log in to give my thoughts about new album by God, & people prattling on about coldplay, beyonce & rihanna, what the fuck is going on here, on a BOWIE thread, how in fucks name can people mention those said karaoke singers & U2 tribute bands on a fucking BOWIE thread!!!!! rant over,

Anyway, Blackstar, wow! well worth the wait, again, from the LEGEND that is DAVID BOWIE, the title track is the particular jewel in this crown, can't say I was too keen on Sue, from the Nothing Has Changed best of, much prefer this re-working, Lazarus,Dollar Days, & I Can't Give...are deliciously laid back slabs of BOWIE at his coolest, Girl Loves Me, as Samuel L. Jackson would say, "you kiss your mother with that mouth!" can't see it being released as a single, but catchy as hell, if I have any gripes about this album, there's not enough of it, should have saved Atomica, & The Informer from The Next Day Extra to put on here, but all in all, another great album from Bowie, 4.7/5:up:
For some strange reason I posted this on U2 tribute band thread!

It's life Jim but not as we know it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Come on GAF, all female pop singers are exactly the same, we all know that.

:eyeroll:

I think it's pretty fucking dickish that you'd even suggest that this is what I was implying.

Might as well call me racist, since they're both black, am I right?

... that's cus this is a Coldplay thread?

yeah, jesus my eyesight is bad!
carry on with yer tribute bands & karaoke singers, I'm off to better pastures!

For some strange reason I posted this on U2 tribute band thread!

And now I've done it again, what the fuck is wrong with me, best get back to the funny farm, need more medication.

What the fuck just happened?

I'm curious as to what exactly you were implying then?

Seriously? We learn that a female pop singer is appearing with them, so it's not a reasonable assumption that said female pop singer might sing a Coldplay song that features a female pop singer? Even though it's not the same pop singer?

Seriously? We learn that a female pop singer is appearing with them, so it's not a reasonable assumption that said female pop singer might sing a Coldplay song that features a female pop singer? Even though it's not the same pop singer?

Except this pop singer is featured on a song on their current album, why would he assume she'd sing an older song that she's not featured on?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Because it's a song people (might) actually know and whatever song Beyonce's on isn't a single from the album, which is the likely "new" song choice Coldplay would perform? Even if you think that's not likely to happen, why assume he meant anything disparaging about pop singers or fucking anything?

Sheesh.

Last edited:
Beyonce has literally nothing to do with Princess of China. There is zero correlation between Beyonce's presence and the performance of Princess of China.

Fine. My point still stands - for anyone to imply that there was something lurking beneath the surface of LN7s suggestion that Beyonce might sing PoC is fucking ludicrous.

Because it's a song people (might) actually know and whatever song Beyonce's on isn't a single from the album, which is the likely "new" song choice Coldplay would perform? Even if you think that's not likely to happen, why assume he meant anything disparaging about pop singers or fucking anything?

Sheesh.

I wasn't assuming anything disparaging.

I will kindly let myself out...

Really?

What is there to imply? How could he have meant anything other than "Gee, maybe with a female singer there, they'll do their big song that had a female singer?"

I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS.

Do it, do it, do it, do it, dooh, do it, do it, do it, do it dooh.

Why is the assumption automatically that I'm being malicious and sexist?

I immediately thought of a song that's a duet with a female lead that was popular, that would maximize Beyoncé's stage presence. It's not wild and unimaginable that Beyoncé could sing a duet that Coldplay and only Coldplay wrote (albeit written with a different voice in mind).

Of course, I'm not even that familiar with Hymn for the Weekend, like most people. Which is exactly why I didn't even think of it. Beyoncé might've written it with Coldplay, but it's not that popular (yet), and needs to be changed up a bit to emphasize Beyoncé's role, live.

Back
Top Bottom