Coldplay - Everyday Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, if you are offended by something someone has posted and believe it’s crossed a line, report the post. Mods aren’t here 24/7, and we don’t comb every active thread. But if a post gets reported, we’re notified and can follow up.

[emoji57]

Guy calls you an idiot, you go about 5 times as far in response. Notice how I don’t call out minor sniping between people (like calling someone an idiot once or twice) because people keep it minor and don’t escalate needlessly. You didn’t do that.

Drop it and move on. Put him on your ignore list if he triggers you so much.

Well I don't agree, but whatever, I am now moved on. Trashing Coldplay's awful new album is more fun anyway.

The album isn't even awful. It's just sounds like they locked themselves in a room together, wrote down a list of genres they would like to try and left the room without writing a single memorable hook or lyric. They had fun trying though and the production is excellent.

Just kinda makes me miss 90s U2, who could be that experimental and come away with some memorable tunes in the process. Everyday Life sounds like a veteran band proving that they can still be a band.

The album isn't even awful. It's just sounds like they locked themselves in a room together, wrote down a list of genres they would like to try and left the room without writing a single memorable hook or lyric. They had fun trying though and the production is excellent.

Just kinda makes me miss 90s U2, who could be that experimental and come away with some memorable tunes in the process. Everyday Life sounds like a veteran band proving that they can still be a band.

Good points. Like Passengers, mainly unlistenable to casual music fans, still thought “Your Blue Room” was great.

I believe you mean comedic relief. Except, I was serious.

You should talk about how and why you don’t like the album instead of making cringey statements about how you enjoy “trashing” the album. Take a step back and look at how that sounds.

You should talk about how and why you don’t like the album instead of making cringey statements about how you enjoy “trashing” the album. Take a step back and look at how that sounds.

The person is a fool who is overreacting and indignant when called out for the behaviour — but “comic relief” is not an incorrect phrase.

I suggest you go back and read some of my specific observations on the album. It’s easy enough - they are in this very thread. You’re welcome.

I suggest you go back and read some of my specific observations on the album. It’s easy enough - they are in this very thread. You’re welcome.

I did read them and I believe I even commented.

I see you’re not willing to conduct any sort of self reflection. You’re welcome.

This conversation is annoying. Iggy was attacked, went way to far in retaliation, but has a legitimate gripe that he didn’t initiate it. Let’s move on.

Anyways, if anyone’s interested, here’s my review of the new album. Basically, it’s not close to their best but certainly leagues above A Head Full of Dreams.

http://www.noripcord.com/reviews/music/coldplay/everyday-life

As for my ranking:

Viva La Vida or Death and All his Friends
A Rush of Blood to the Head
Parachutes
Ghost Stories
X&Y / Everyday Life
Mylo Xyloto
A Head Full of Dreams

This all inspired me to listen to Viva La Vida for the first time in forever and holy shit, it's like a masterpiece?! Like, it isn't, but I was pretty blown away with how good nearly every song on the album is. The sounds coming out of that record are amazing. Holds up exceptionally well.

I like the album, like LM said, it feels like a veteran band who knows who they are.

That being said the album as a whole is all over the place with filler. In a way it reminds of Rattle and Hum(I know I know, but it’s still a u2 forum); it goes gospel, heavily produced pop, some random spliced together demos, an uninteresting instrumental which I’m not sure they play on?, but all in all the good parts are really good Coldplay.

Haven't got the new album at the moment, however Orphans is quite a cool upbeat song.

And Martin never seems to age FFS.

I feel with this song we are back to the Parachutes stage, only Martin is wearing a cloak covered in a Sky Full of Stars

Have tried to come up with a setlist that *I* would like to see. I skipped the last tour because I disliked it all so much. But I really like Everyday Life, even if it has flaws. And I've listened a lot to Parachutes and Viva La Vida lately.

1. Arabesque
2. Guns
3. Orphans
4. Charlie Brown / Hurts Like Heaven
5. Trouble in Town
6. Major Minus
7. Politik
8. Lovers in Japan
9. Champion of the World
10. Magic
11. Yellow
12. Chinese Sleep Chant
13. Clocks / Speed of Sound
14. When I Need a Friend
15. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall
16. Strawberry Swing
17. Church
18. Sparks / Don't Panic / Spies

Light Through the Veins backing track
19. Lost!
20. Viva La Vida
21. Fix You
22. Daddy
23. Trouble / Warning Sign / A Rush of Blood to the Head
24. Old Friends
25. The Scientist
26. Everyday Life

Everyday Life 10
Viva La Vida 5
Parachutes 3
Rush of Blood 3
Mylo Xyloto 3
X&Y 1
Ghost Stories 1

Have tried to come up with a setlist that *I* would like to see. I skipped the last tour because I disliked it all so much. But I really like Everyday Life, even if it has flaws. And I've listened a lot to Parachutes and Viva La Vida lately.

1. Arabesque
2. Guns
3. Orphans
4. Charlie Brown / Hurts Like Heaven
5. Trouble in Town
6. Major Minus
7. Politik
8. Lovers in Japan
9. Champion of the World
10. Magic
11. Yellow
12. Chinese Sleep Chant
13. Clocks / Speed of Sound
14. When I Need a Friend
15. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall
16. Strawberry Swing
17. Church
18. Sparks / Don't Panic / Spies

Light Through the Veins backing track
19. Lost!
20. Viva La Vida
21. Fix You
22. Daddy
23. Trouble / Warning Sign / A Rush of Blood to the Head
24. Old Friends
25. The Scientist
26. Everyday Life

Everyday Life 10
Viva La Vida 5
Parachutes 3
Rush of Blood 3
Mylo Xyloto 3
X&Y 1
Ghost Stories 1

Love this set list - would pay good money for this.

No Sky Full of Stars too [emoji846] I heard it twice last time I saw them [emoji20]

Just posting in here to say that Higher Power is meh. But the shameless marketing of the single as if it is the greatest pop single since Call Me Maybe is just fucking embarrassing and shameless.

Just posting in here to say that Higher Power is meh. But the shameless marketing of the single as if it is the greatest pop single since Call Me Maybe is just fucking embarrassing and shameless.

I agree. It’s average, but they’re really milking it like it’s a whole new album.

watching that video has led me to listen to a rush of blood to the head front-to-back for the first time in at least 12 years, and maybe i'm preaching to the choir in this thread, but holy shit that's a gem

listening to it on a pair of really good headphones now rather than the shitty mid2000s earbuds i listened to it on last time probably helps in the assessment too. the production is an unsung hero on that album.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom