Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - Keep Sobbing.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, the album could still be months away. Nobody really knows, but there was a recent statement by one of the band members along the lines of "We're really close to pinning down the final tracklisting for the album, but Chris keeps screwing it up by writing new brilliant tunes."

Every Teardrop sounds even worse now that I have to hear it on the radio 5 times a day. I wish DJs could just veto songs that are obviously shitty, but then Get On Your Boots would have dragged down NLOTH even further.

Yeah, the album could still be months away. Nobody really knows, but there was a recent statement by one of the band members along the lines of "We're really close to pinning down the final tracklisting for the album, but Chris keeps screwing it up by writing new brilliant tunes."
Sounds familiar.

So they released Every Teardrop and have no album on the immediate horizon? Did they just photobomb the music industry?

This song is pretty crap. I've heard it about 3 times now. I don't even remember it. Blended into everything else the station was playing. Fingers crossed at least some of the tunes on the album are decent.

The benefit of not having a forced radio station on anywhere in my life or by choice means I only heard it once on the YT Link and it was enough, nope, not interested in this one at all... what comes afterwards, who knows... but I've been cooling to this band for about a year or so now.. dunno if's it's Paltrow by association, maybe :D:hmm::D

The guitars have a distinct "Crossing style" Big Country feel to them, without it being anywhere near as good as a song from The Crossing of course...

It just got to #6 in the UK... still I am sure they will be ahum... "taking over the role of the world's biggest band next year, seeing as U2's on a break..." the wit of Cwis...

typical dreary, dirgey Coldplay track. Chris Martin annoys me as much as Thom Yorke does

Damn, that was an incredible song. That should have been the first single for the new album. A thousand times better than Teardrop.

Yeah, very promising song. It's got some attitude to it, much like Violet Hill, which I really liked as well.

Digging Major Minue enough... sort of a thrashier version of "Cemeteries of London", if that makes any sense.

typical dreary, dirgey Coldplay track. Chris Martin annoys me as much as Thom Yorke does

I know the song has its detractors, but I don't really get this complaint about "Every Teardrop..."

It doesn't sound "dreary" or dirgey at all. To me it actually sounds pretty happy, bright, dancey, upbeat. It's totally cool if you don't like the song, it's just that your use of words to describe it don't seem to fit.

Anyway, I'll listen to the newer track here in a little bit.

Who the hell decides that Every Teardropp is the first single and Major Minus a b~side?

Major Minus is definitely one of the best songs they've ever released. Love the energy and I do think it would've made an infinitely better single.

Who the hell decides that Every Teardropp is the first single and Major Minus a b~side?
The producers of the tracks most likely, or probably Chris Martin's quasi-vegetarian chef.

And for your information, Chris isn't really a vegetarian. :whistle:

??

It's an infinitely better song, but that's like saying One Step Closer would have been a better first single than Vertigo. Does Major Minus have a hook?

It'd sound good on the radio and does, I daresay, stick in my head more so that Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall. But I can't say I'm an expert, it just sounds like it would be. :shrug:

It does, I daresay, stick in my head more so that Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall.

Well, I mean, that's a bit like saying bread sticks to the roof of your mouth more often than arsenic: why would arsenic be in your mouth in the first place?

Back
Top Bottom