Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - Keep Sobbing.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hurts Like Heaven is similar to 42, that first verse at least. I like the walking rainbow man.

You seen them live Diemen? They're fucking terrific, and Martin is great.

Just, please, tell me that "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" was not produced by Brian Eno...
It wasn't. According to Wikipedia, the producers were Markus Dravs (who worked on Viva, as well as Neon Bible and The Suburbs), Dan Green, and Rik Simpson.

Eno does have a writing credit, though.

Hopefully what happened was coldplay made the song with eno, then went to lillywhite to make it more 'mainstream' :wink:
:laugh:

Hurts Like Heaven sounds somewhat unusual for a Coldplay song, and it's appealing because of that. From what I can hear on the crappy quality recording of Princess of China it sounds pretty darn cool as well.

I'mma listen to Major Minus again.

The album would be worth getting just for Major Minus. Excellent song.

I've listened to Charles Brown twice, and enjoy it much more than Teardrop = Waterfall. I'm kinda reluctant to listen to the others though. Temptation is strong, but may wait for the album proper to be unleashed on us.

Album is supposedly titled Mnemonics and Murals.

I think people feel Coldplay songs sound like every other band because Coldplay has been making nebulous, populist, faux inspirational feel good, over-processed diarrhea since their excellent first two records.

I've listened to Charles Brown twice, and enjoy it much more than Teardrop = Waterfall. I'm kinda reluctant to listen to the others though. Temptation is strong, but may wait for the album proper to be unleashed on us.

Album is supposedly titled Mnemonics and Murals.

interesting :hmm:

I think people feel Coldplay songs sound like every other band because Coldplay has been making nebulous, populist, faux inspirational feel good, over-processed diarrhea since their excellent first two records.
lolwut

The musical style they're going for is really cool, but not a single one of those songs has stuck to my mind. Both Major Minus and Hurts Like Heaven are really cool, but where are the melodies?

I remember reading a review here in Sweden of VLV where they said they felt like Coldplay went in with great musical ambitions but forgot about the songs in the process. I disagreed with them, I think it's their best album with lots of memorable songs, but what they said back then really corresponds well with what I think of this right now. Maybe it'll grow on me, I'll have to listen some more, but the songs feel kinda anonymous to me. :sad:

I have no interest in hearing live versions of unreleased songs for any band, particularly Coldplay.

Violet Hill was/is terrific, much better than the piece of shit that followed in Viva La Vida.

/unpopular Coldplay opinion

rjhbonovox said:
That wasn't a great song either. I liked Coldplays last album, probably the best they've done but Violet Hill was the poorest song on it in my opinion.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. Violet Hill was drab as the first single and is pretty drab now; I'm not too hot on the "darker" VLV songs in general because they tend to have weaker melodies. Cemeteries of London and the title track are my other least favorites. I find them very interesting and curious for the band, but I can't deny that I would prefer to be listening to Lost or Strawberry Swing.

Back
Top Bottom