Coldplay: Chris Martin And His Xylo Toes - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In no particular order mine will be something like:
Yes
Everything's Not Gone
Yellow
The Scientist
Violet Hill
Talk
Viva La Vida
Don't Panic
Amsterdam
Clocks

I don't have Mylo Xyloto (yet) so can't choose any from that one. Well, apart from the singles, but they didn't grab me as belonging in that list.

Mylo Xyloto took a while to grow on me. Neither of the first two singles grabbed me when I heard them.

I was just grooving out at my desk to Princess of China.

Awesome cori! They did the balloons and confetti last tour too. Flaming Lips ftw :wink:

Strawberry Swing
Don't Panic
Lost!
Death and All His Friends (severely underrated)
Sparks
Trouble
Spies
Yellow
Fix You
The Scientist

No order, save for 1 and 2.

I don't know why, but I've probably only listened to Rush of Blood a handful of times. I should fix that.

I should add my Top 10 as well:

Shiver
The Scientist
Clocks
Fix You
Yellow
Viva La Vida
Warning Sign
In My Place
Lovers In Japan / Reign Of Love
Charlie Brown

I couldn't resist adding 10, so whatever is below are songs 11-15 on my list. :wink:

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
Life In Technicolor
Don't Let It Break Your Heart
Daylight
Politik

This is bloody hard:

1. Lost!
2. Amsterdam
3. Strawberry Swing
4. Princess of China
5. Paradise
6. Yellow
7. Shiver
8. In My Place
9. Warning Sign
10. Talk

This was impossible. I've about 6 or 7 apologies.

Cori, I'm glad you had such a great time at the show :)! The confetti stuff does look like fun, I'm glad they're throwing all that sort of thing in. And woo for the crowd being so into it as well.

I agree with your Viva thing, too, by the way, I really, truly wish I could've seen them on that tour. Eh, well.

I don't know why, but I've probably only listened to Rush of Blood a handful of times. I should fix that.

Yes. Yes, you should.

Top 10, eh? Ergh, this'll be a bit tough...hmmmmm. Let's see here:

1. The Scientist
2. Fix You
3. Yes
4. In My Place
5. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
6. Trouble
7. Clocks
8. Viva La Vida (I can't ever tire of this one. It never fails to get me going)
9. Violet Hill
10. Charlie Brown (I know I said "Paradise" is my favorite, and it is, but I'm really into this song right now. It's either this or "Up In Flames")

The first few songs, at least through 4 or 5 for sure, are set in stone, but the rest can change positions (and 10 could change from song to song) anytime depending on what I'm really in the mood for at the moment. Viva La Vida is my favorite album, too, and as a result it's REALLY hard to narrow down favorites from there.

Yeah, they did that with my Radiohead review as well. I asked them to correct it.

High-falutin' operation they're running here. :wink:

Ten best songs (not ranked):

Clocks
Don't Panic
Life in Technicolor II
Speed of Sound
Trouble
Viva La Vida
Yellow

+ any 3 songs from their best album, Mylo Xyloto. They still have yet to make a great album, but there's a handful of excellent ones on their most recent effort and very few weaklings.

I probably should chalk it up to unforeseeable circumstances, eat the cost of my ticket and just not even try to go.

But who is going to bring the gummy bears?

PS. I brought my Rage Against the Machine t-shirt today so I could blend in with the protesters. I figure that will help get me through DTLA.

They are talking about locking down campus if it gets out of control, but so far so good.

Had a great time at the show last night! I really love the live versions of the Mylo Xyloto songs. I really appreciated how Coldplay used the venue. We had some fireworks, and the lighting was tailored for the bowl for some pretty neat effects.

I really do love Mylo Xyloto/Hurts like Heaven as an opener, and with the bracelets it's just breathtaking. Warning Sign gave me goose bumps. Charlie Brown remains the best song off that album, combined with the lighting it was easily the song of the night for me. The most improved for me remains Every Teardrop is a Waterfall. It's quite lovely live and an effective closer after Fix You.

35kkiuq.jpg

1pe0xe.jpg

Looks like it was a great show...did they have the X-stage with the runway and the C-stage at the Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom