Coldplay: Chris Martin And His Xylo Toes - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, you live in Southern California, where you can pretty much see everyone. Does Elbow or Pulp make it up to Seattle? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I'm not bitter or anything.

:grumpy:

You're always one step (week) ahead of me, corianderstem! *sizing up competition*

Please, you live in Southern California, where you can pretty much see everyone. Does Elbow or Pulp make it up to Seattle? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Cori does have a point. Also, does her venue offer picnicking?

Cori does have a point. Also, does her venue offer picnicking?

I was texting with Green forever last night and I had a feeling I kept spelling that word wrong. Picnicking. Picnicking. Picnicking. Got it!

Maybe it's the universe's way of telling corianderstem to come down to SoCal more often! :D

1. Shiver
2. Strawberry Swing
3. Lost!
4. Trouble
5. Yellow
6. Warning Sign
7. Clocks
8. High Speed
9. God Put a Smile Upon Your Face
10. Life in Technicolor I

I really, really enjoyed the show. Really, really wish they'd played a few more songs, but oh well.

My seat was so great - I've never had such a great seat for a show. I may be a convert to douchebag seats! (And these weren't even the true douchebag seats.) No one was in my line of sight the entire night, even when I sat down. Bliss!

Laughed at all the confetti and giant balloons - do they have the Flaming Lips in their sights after U2? :lol:

The wristbands were great.

The sound at Key Arena can be spotty - I was higher up for Radiohead and thought the sound was fine; someone on the floor said it was muddy. Where I was last night it was mostly okay, but Clocks, unfortunately, was a complete muddy mess to my ears.

On the plus side, it may have been my location, but that seemed like the loudest crowd I've ever heard at that arena. That was cool. Crowd was really into it for the whole show, which was great.

Loved how they popped up on the other side of the arena in the crowd for the encore to play a song.

99 Problems as the final song over the PA? Uh ... interesting choice!

However, if anyone can tell me (assuming they play the same songs at each show) what the song was just before Jay-Z, you will be my new best friend, because I loved it and am dying to know what/who that was. There was a repeated phrase throughout that I thought I'd remember enough to Google, but it's out of my brain. :(

99 Problems cracked me up. :lol: I could see some people down on the floor REALLY getting into it. Can't help you on the previous song, unfortunately.

Glad you had a great time. :)

However, if anyone can tell me (assuming they play the same songs at each show) what the song was just before Jay-Z, you will be my new best friend, because I loved it and am dying to know what/who that was. There was a repeated phrase throughout that I thought I'd remember enough to Google, but it's out of my brain. :(

Shazam/Soundhound that shit from now on! By now these apps have given me an hour or so of extra sleep I would have lost thinking about such things.

Is that a phone app? I don't have that. And reception in Key Arena is terrible, so I don't know that it would have worked anyway. :(

top 10 songs .... hm ... in no particular order:

1. In My Place
2. Politik
3. Lost!
4. Clocks
5. Lovers In Japan
6. Don't Panic
7. Viva La Vida (after being really sick of it for a while, I came back around to it)
8. Paradise (not listening to the radio while it was a single means I never got sick of it!)
9. Cemeteries of London
10. Trouble

Yeah. Soundhound has a history option so that, even if your reception is crap, it'll save the sound you captured and give you the results once you're back in 3G.

The bigger concern is the background chatter, but I think it still would have worked.

I'll bite. No order.

Talk (Demo)
Amsterdam
Rush of Blood
Warning Sign
Spies
Trouble
Prospekt's March/Poppyfields
I Ran Away
Strawberry Swing
Chinese Sleep Chant

Yeah, let's go with that. Probably could switch "Lovers in Japan" in there somewhere.

An order is to difficult but my number one is easy.

1. Don't Panic

Spies
A Rush Of Blood To The Head
Green Eyes
Warning Sign
Square One
White Shadows
Cemeteries Of London
Death And All His Friends
Hurts Like Heaven

^ Off topic, but I finally get your username! :wink:

Had some time, so finally took a look in that thread. Oy vey. :crack:

Ha! I'm sorry you went back and read through that. :crack: Realizing that the forum either thought I was a guy or on crack, I decided to make it a little clearer with an explanation instead of a "title." :wink:

Cori, I'm glad you had a great time. :up:

My top 10, where the first two are set, but the rest have no particular order:

1. Warning Sign
2. Fix You
Lost!
In My Place
Viva La Vida
Lovers in Japan
Trouble
Charlie Brown
The Scientist
Us Against the World

Very mainstream, but I am a newer fan.

I know. However, people who have been fans longer would know more songs that were not "singles." :wink:

Eh, my list is mostly singles, and I've been a fan for a bit longer. Don't worry about that sort of thing. Certainly do not apologize for it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom