Coldplay: Chris Martin And His Xylo Toes - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LuckyNumber7 said:
Only as willing as you are.

I think one could argue than the influx of new friends stemming from a more positive attitude could result in greater economic pressure during the Christmas season, which is already notorious for its increased instances of suicide. Of course, a consistently positive outlook could in theory carry the individual through said economic hardships. It's just something I've been considering.

Charlie Brown is a cracking song. I originally was somewhat disappointed with the album version after hearing how brilliant it was live on YouTube.com, but Charlie Brown is now a highlight on par with the UFO/POC/UIF sequence, for me.

not mentioning that music by itself apart from entertainment and culture, does not contribute anything meaningful to society in the long run unlike a scientist, medical researcher, economists, or other valuable professionals.

Really? Try living in a world without art and see how long before you off yourself. This is without a doubt, one of the most short sighted and ignorant things I've ever read on this site.

I also like the implication that by illegally downloading, since you aren't affecting the artists beacuse they make money from touring, it's ok. Like the record labels are completely staffed by cigar smoking aristocrats who don't need any more of your money. There's more to getting an album out into the world than burning your band's disk in your bedroom. Any thought beyond the caricature of the corporate fat cats you have in your head would reveal that to you

Alright gang. This thread has been derailed enough. The derail topic might make a good fym thread, but let's stick to the discussing the Coldplay album from here on out.

Really? Try living in a world without art and see how long before you off yourself. This is without a doubt, one of the most short sighted and ignorant things I've ever read on this site.
Can you survive without music? Yes, you can.

Can you survive without food? No, you can't.

Pretend for a minute that you have a terminal illness and that you will die in one month unless a medical scientist comes up with the cure to save you. Is Bono or Chris Martin going to save your life when they don't know anything about what's going on? Who's more important in those extreme situations that occur every single day?

I explicitly stated that music contributes entertainment and culture to society, but apart from that it doesn't contribute anything else and it's not necessary for survival. Music will prevail over our existence because millions of people like you will continue to defend it as something extremely important and indispensable when it actually isn't.

That trend will not last forever, think about environmental problems, overpopulation, overconsumption, and the decline of essential natural resources. When people finally get affected by these problems, their way of thinking will shift and music among other non-important things will not receive as much attention and money as they do today.

I can't see how to be any more clearer than this, it's glaring short-sightedness and ignorance from your part if you can't see the logic within this argument, very typical coming from a jive turkey.

What idiotic statement are you gonna say now? Maybe that video games are more important than education?

Can you survive without music? Yes, you can.

Can you survive without food? No, you can't.

Pretend for a minute that you have a terminal illness and that you will die in one month unless a medical scientist comes up with the cure to save you. Is Bono or Chris Martin going to save your life when they don't know anything about what's going on? Who's more important in those extreme situations that occur every single day?

I explicitly stated that music contributes entertainment and culture to society, but apart from that it doesn't contribute anything else and it's not necessary for survival. Music will prevail over our existence because millions of people like you will continue to defend it as something extremely important and indispensable when it actually isn't.

That trend will not last forever, think about environmental problems, overpopulation, overconsumption, and the decline of essential natural resources. When people finally get affected by these problems, their way of thinking will shift and music among other non-important things will not receive as much attention and money as they do today.

I can't see how to be any more clearer than this, it's glaring short-sightedness and ignorance from your part if you can't see the logic within this argument, very typical coming from a jive turkey.

What idiotic statement are you gonna say now? Maybe that video games are more important than education?

No one is arguing that music is more important than medical science. But your apparent suggestion that people who do not make a tangible contribution to society, however that may be defined, do not deserve compensation for their work is a "slippery slope" if I've ever heard one.

I don't understand why a few of you are so adamant about arguing completely obvious points. Yes, people download music illegally. No, music does not perform surgery or diagnose cancer. Can we move on now?

Maybe that video games are more important than education?
:hi5:

I love Major Minus.

And to answer a question from a few pages before: I've seen Coldplay twice, once from the floor about 100 feet from the band, and once in an amphitheater in the back. Both times, they made it out to the back and played for people. The second time is when I got to nearly touch Willy Champs (not his willy).
They are amazing live. Got some great visuals and Chris sounds great as well. Highly recommend seeing them if you are able.

Look, if your comments about Xylo Toes aren't going to solve the global economic crisis then just keep them to yourself.

We've got work to do, folks! Viva La Mondo!

lazarus said:
Look, if your comments about Xylo Toes aren't going to solve the global economic crisis then just keep them to yourself.

We've got work to do, folks! Viva La Mondo!

Well I'm pretty sure Coldplay are helping out with overpopulation part because I doubt anyone's getting it on to this album.

Why didn't you go?

I saw them live there and at BankAtlantic Center in late 2008, by far the one at Cruzan was much better and more energized.

I'll be disappointed if they aren't going to tour, as I would really like to see them. Wish I'd thought to go last time they came around.

I've seen two performances on Palladia, and have really enjoyed both of them.

Cruzan Amphitheater?

Yes, and I saw them in Sunrise as well. I agree they were much better suited to the amphitheatre, though I had a hell of a time at Sunrise. I must have captured at least 200 butterflies. A giant clump came at me and I screamed like a little girl. Dude that could have very well been a loose lamp. :angry:

I stashed the clump and put some of them in a jar. It looks awesome on my bookcase. :up:

I'll be disappointed if they aren't going to tour, as I would really like to see them. Wish I'd thought to go last time they came around.

I've seen two performances on Palladia, and have really enjoyed both of them.

Me too, especially as Elbow were opening for them on some dates. But I saw them twice on the X & Y tour and both concerts were phenomenal.

And the first concert, in March 2005, was my first introduction to Arcade Fire as they happened to be in the audience not far from me. And thus a love affair was born. :heart:

I fucking hate this song. Chris Martin reminds me of Aarron from Weston Super Mare who's just won Big Brother. If ever there was such an unworthy winner :angry:

Both Aarron and Chris Martin are so smug. We must not let Chris get away with it. Why do the numpties from Q think Coldplay were better than U2?

We must not let them get away with it. Vote now!

Here we go, first dates for 2012:

Coldplay: News - 2012 UK Stadium Tour announced

MAY
Tuesday 29 - Coventry Ricoh Arena

JUNE
Friday 1 - London Emirates Stadium
Saturday 2 - London Emirates Stadium
Thursday 7 - Sunderland Stadium of Light
Saturday 9 - Manchester Etihad Stadium

Where are the North American or Latin American dates? :sad: All the dates seem to be in Europe for now.

We'll have some news for those of you in North America and Europe soon…

5 dates in a row suggests less that they're doing one-off gigs at least. They'll probably build on the European gigs soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom