Coldplay: Chris Martin And His Xylo Toes - Part 2 - Page 37 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #541
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
Don't Panic, Spies, Sparks and We Never Change are my faves, and i think the track Parachutes is a tiny piece of perfection... i do love all of the tracks - there are none i skip (that's saying something for me as i have a serious track-skipping problem ha)... so i really enjoy the whole album... think it's beautiful...
I fully agree. I personally hate skipping tracks, even if it's one I don't like-if I'm in the mood to listen to an album I listen straight through-but even so, yes, not a bad track on that album at all. Not often that happens, so it's always a treasure when something like that comes along.

Quote:
yeah re. MOS - it was really weird, it just struck me on first listening - something about the bass and rhythm progression from 34 sec to 1 min precisely and repeated in the song [end nerd speak lol!!!], but they take it somewhere more joyful as opposed to the more morose vibe of MOS (i don't mean that as an insult to MOS though - every mood has its place )
Huh. I may have to go back and see if I can hear that again. Incidentally, 3:10 to about 3:22 or so is my particular favorite bit of the song "Paradise". That section, for me, is one of those musical "sweet spots".

Oddly enough, I never thought of "Moment Of Surrender" as a down song. Every time I hear it I feel like I should be getting baptized (well, for me, it'd be getting baptized again, 'cause I was baptized as a child, but...yeah ).

Old 12-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #542
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In Larry Land...Mr. Mullen has dragged me over to the dark side. Who knew this place was made of hardwood floors :P
Local Time: 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
Oh, definitely, but it's good to see these big names suddenly realize that eastern Canada doesn't end with Montreal.

I just hope the weather is different on concert day than it was on July 30, 2011.
Ya for sure. Going to the Moncton show was the first time I'd travelled past Quebec and I thought it was gorgeous.

That weather sucked But it was all worth it to be at the last 360 show

Old 12-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #543
ONE
love, blood, life

Well, what became an idea "might" become reality. I "might" fly up to Miami in the summer to catch Coldplay at the American Airlines Arena on June 29th. I told my uncle who lives in Miami, and he started taking it seriously when I'm not even planning to go.

I would love to go, but I'm holding myself back. We shall see. Tickets are $46.50, $76.50 and $96.50. That's nothing compared to other concerts.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #544
Babyface

Local Time: 04:25 PM
Got the album yesterday and was pretty disappointed. Parachutes and Rush of Blood were amazing, X & Y decent but the most recent releases have been average at best. MY is just a bit dull (I know that criticism is often levelled at them but their first two albums were defo not boring). Every Teardrop is okay as is princess but thats about it. Shame.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #545
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Yeah, it's definitely in the bottom tier of Coldplay records, if not dead last (X&Y has a few gems)... very disappointed
Old 01-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #546
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlPose View Post
Got the album yesterday and was pretty disappointed. Parachutes and Rush of Blood were amazing, X & Y decent but the most recent releases have been average at best. MY is just a bit dull (I know that criticism is often levelled at them but their first two albums were defo not boring). Every Teardrop is okay as is princess but thats about it. Shame.
I agree. I lost interest after X & Y. I Feel their music is overrated, much of it sounds the same to me.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #547
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carek1230 View Post
I Feel their music is overrated, much of it sounds the same to me.
I've heard this very same argument used about U2 dozens of times.

I guess Coldplay really are copying U2.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #548
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo

And it's laughably uninformed every time.

Lemon > I Threw A Brick Through A Window

Now.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #549
45:33

Local Time: 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo

I guess Coldplay really are copying U2.
Me too, and from Coldplay fans
Old 01-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #550
ONE
love, blood, life

The more I hear it, the more I love it!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #551
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
btw is it just me, but does Paradise remind anyone else a bit of Moment of Surrender in places?? much less dreary and much more uplifting though
No, but it does sound a hell of a lot like Rise Above to me.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #552
Blue Crack Distributor

I never would have made that connection on my own, but as soon as I read that, BAM, I heard it in my head.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:03 AM   #553
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlPose View Post
MY is just a bit dull (I know that criticism is often levelled at them but their first two albums were defo not boring).
I personally agree with you on that sentiment (A Rush of Blood to the Head has one hell of an opening setup-5 great songs/singles right off the bat alone). I do find it funny, though, how, if they had continued in the vein of their first albums, they would've gotten that criticism forever. But when they try something new people aren't happy with that, either.

Same old story, I guess. Can't please everyone (and this band seems like they'll be hard to please no matter what they try, just because of the strong opinions about them in general). I personally think they're getting increasingly better with each release, but if their new stuff isn't doing it for somebody, that's cool.

I like X&Y. It could definitely use some editing down, but there are some really lovely gems on there, including one of my top 5 Coldplay songs ("Fix You").
Old 01-06-2012, 04:11 AM   #554
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I never would have made that connection on my own, but as soon as I read that, BAM, I heard it in my head.
Once I noticed, I couldn't unheard it. You can even sing Rise Above right over the top of it for a while.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:15 AM   #555
45:33

Local Time: 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancoke71 View Post
The more I hear it, the more I love it!
yep!