Coldplay: Chris Martin And His Xylo Toes - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't compare the shows without comparing the front men. I didn't actually read the article that was linked when the discussion started, but if the author suggested remotely that Martin was anywhere near Bono's .. well, Bono-ness, that deserves all sorts of side-eyeing.

Can't compare the shows without comparing the front men. I didn't actually read the article that was linked when the discussion started, but if the author suggested remotely that Martin was anywhere near Bono's .. well, Bono-ness, that deserves all sorts of side-eyeing.

It didn't. The article was comparing the overall shows. It didn't even mention Bono. It was saying that the spectacle of the show was getting close to U2. Of course, that is very subjective. The show does look impressive, and the effect of the wristbands looks amazing.

Okay, I wasn't sure, since intedomine came in here acting like we were discussing Bono vs Chris, which we totally weren't, so I thought maybe he was referring to the article.

:)

I think the wristbands are the most successful bit of the "tricks" in the show. I loved the confetti and the balloons, but it was very Flaming Lips, and I thought it was kind of weird that they shot their confetti wad all at once, during one (or was it two?) songs. I kind of wish they'd spaced it out more.

But the wristbands - that worked really well and made the show more unique than the other stuff they were doing.

I actually don't kow how it turned into a Bono vs. Chris thing, because the author is a huge U2 fan.

I hope they shoot off the confetti a few times. I have to try to get some for my 12 year old daughter. :lol: Where we are sitting, it won't reach us.

corianderstem said:
Okay, I wasn't sure, since intedomine came in here acting like we were discussing Bono vs Chris, which we totally weren't, so I thought maybe he was referring to the article.

:)

I think the wristbands are the most successful bit of the "tricks" in the show. I loved the confetti and the balloons, but it was very Flaming Lips, and I thought it was kind of weird that they shot their confetti wad all at once, during one (or was it two?) songs. I kind of wish they'd spaced it out more.

But the wristbands - that worked really well and made the show more unique than the other stuff they were doing.

My friends and I were thinking the same thing. Fix You would've been perfect for the confetti. Overall though, phenomenal show either way.

I actually don't kow how it turned into a Bono vs. Chris thing, because the author is a huge U2 fan.

I hope they shoot off the confetti a few times. I have to try to get some for my 12 year old daughter. :lol: Where we are sitting, it won't reach us.

They shoot it off during In My Place and Lovers in Japan.

My friends and I were thinking the same thing. Fix You would've been perfect for the confetti. Overall though, phenomenal show either way.

Yeah Fix You would be an awesome confetti song :love:

Glad you had fun at the show!

It was actually PR Biker who brought up the Bono/C Martin comparison.

And as Bono is the greatest, surely it's what C Martin and those of his ilk aspire to.. He's a big U2 fan, and he speaks of Bono with high admiration... So it's easy to start comparing the two.

Yup, in lieu of Up In Flames. Warning Sign is still in the set. :D

In my opinion, Trouble > Up In Flames.

I never come into this thread, ever, but the sight of "unico" as the most recent poster encouraged me to do it. Encouraged me.

... I don't have spare tix though. :depressed: I lost them at the tracks.

I am hoping to get Trouble in Toronto night 2.

Good call! Second time played on the tour, after Philadelphia #2! They knew you were going. :wink:

For those wondering, setlist has remained the same (except for those two shows, with the addition of Trouble), but as of Montreal #1 (26 July):

(Back To The Future Theme)
Mylo Xyloto
Hurts Like Heaven
In My Place
Major Minus
Lovers In Japan
The Scientist
Yellow
Violet Hill
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
Princess of China
Up in Flames
Warning Sign
A Hopeful Transmission / Don't Let It Break Your Heart
Viva La Vida
Charlie Brown
Paradise
-
Us Against the World
Speed Of Sound
Clocks
Fix You
M.M.I.X. / Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

Not only did they know, I was upgraded by roadies looking for real fans both nights!! We almost died when a roadie came up to us night one while we were hanging out at a table and asked if we were big Coldplay fans. We said yes, and then he asked some questions to test us. We answered, and he asked if we wanted to switch tickets with him. He showed us the tickets and they were third row. Needless to say I was shocked! Epic first show!!!

Night 2 the same thing happened. Unreal. This time we were upgraded to first row. When Trouble started, I couldn't believe it!!

ryancoke71 said:
Not only did they know, I was upgraded by roadies looking for real fans both nights!! We almost died when a roadie came up to us night one while we were hanging out at a table and asked if we were big Coldplay fans. We said yes, and then he asked some questions to test us. We answered, and he asked if we wanted to switch tickets with him. He showed us the tickets and they were third row. Needless to say I was shocked! Epic first show!!!

Night 2 the same thing happened. Unreal. This time we were upgraded to first row. When Trouble started, I couldn't believe it!!

From what I heard, they tend to not sell the first few rows when tickets go on sale, so that roadies can go around upgrading fans like you to the first few rows. You are very lucky, especially upgraded both nights! :D I am envious!

Best nights ever!!!!

Our Trouble reaction was priceless :lol:

Now that's a fantastic stroke of luck!

From what I heard, they tend to not sell the first few rows when tickets go on sale, so that roadies can go around upgrading fans like you to the first few rows. You are very lucky, especially upgraded both nights! :D I am envious!

I've read reports about this happening throughout the tour. I'm happy that those front row seats are going to unsuspecting fans. It sort of makes me regret not having nosebleed seats for tonight and Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom