Coldplay: Chris Martin And His Xylo Toes - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia & New Zealand tour dates announced...looks like the band are skipping Adelaide and Perth this time around:

Saturday, November 10th - Auckland, New Zealand - Mt. Smart Stadium
Tuesday, November 13th - Melbourne, Australia - Etihad Stadium
Saturday, November 17th - Sydney, Australia - Allianz Stadium
Wednesday, November 21st - Brisbane, Australia - Suncorp Stadium

Coldplay: News - Australia and NZ tour announced

And it looks like they will be utilizing a similar, yet brand new stage (from the arena shows) for the stadium shows:

550697_10150142780014950_207255669949_1758830_2052523955_n.jpg

In my opinion, :drool: Probably their most ambitious production yet. European tour kicks off tomorrow in Porto, Portugal.

Compared to the other pic I posted, the stage is built, tour kicks off tomorrow (been losing track of the days). With those lighting towers seeming to replace the traditional "stage under a roof", and given the fact that there isn't a black curtain or screen behind the stage, it'll be interesting to see what are they going to pull off this time.

AtHsd2YCEAAcipZ.jpg:large

So they'll start their next leg of the tour in Dallas on Friday.

Anybody going to the Tampa or Miami shows?

I hope they don't cancel the Tampa show again like they did in 2009, I am expecting an apology from them to be released live.

I had seen somewhere that they cancelled the Tampa show in 2009 due to medical reasons. Shame they didn't reschedule it.

Why would they cancel a show a week before it's scheduled?
They canceled Tampa's at Ford Amphitheater 2 days before the schedule date, leaving hundreds of fans who flew all the way from California and even from other countries sucking illusionary lollipops.

I had seen somewhere that they cancelled the Tampa show in 2009 due to medical reasons. Shame they didn't reschedule it.
That was their reason, something regarding that Chris was ill, however, there were rumors that Will Champion, Guy and Jonny were at U2's gigs in London and Glasgow which took place on August 14th, 15th and 18th respectively.

I don't buy into Chris's illness, canceling Tampa's gig was mainly due to seeing U2's concerts at their homeland. Club-level suites, Moet & Chandon and a great view cannot equalize the benefit of playing two hours in Tampa.

2 hours? lol

If U2 and Coldplay were on at the same time, Coldplay could probably finish up and see an encore or two.

Did you end up seeing RHCP 7? They're supposedly touring here soon but I'm not really interested without Frusciante, even if their latest was leagues ahead of Stadium Shitcadium.

Saw em in Tampa as well. I'm gonna probably end up sitting in nearly the same seats for Coldplay.

RHCP was easily the least impressive of my favorite bands, but still decent.

Interesting tidbit: starting with U2 on June 29th, 2011 I told myself I wanted to see my top 6 bands in a year because outside of those 6 bands my favoritism drops off quite a bit.

Now on June 28th, 2012 I will see that 6th band. Exactly one year, mission success (U2-blink 182-The Killers-Airborne Toxic Event-Red Hot Chili Peppers-Coldplay).

2 hours? lol

If U2 and Coldplay were on at the same time, Coldplay could probably finish up and see an encore or two.

Yeah, based on the European stadium tour they're only playing 90-100 minute static sets (which I don't mind because the set they're playing is good enough)

They canceled Tampa's at Ford Amphitheater 2 days before the schedule date, leaving hundreds of fans who flew all the way from California and even from other countries sucking illusionary lollipops.

That was their reason, something regarding that Chris was ill, however, there were rumors that Will Champion, Guy and Jonny were at U2's gigs in London and Glasgow which took place on August 14th, 15th and 18th respectively.

I don't buy into Chris's illness, canceling Tampa's gig was mainly due to seeing U2's concerts at their homeland. Club-level suites, Moet & Chandon and a great view cannot equalize the benefit of playing two hours in Tampa.

I buy it, but at the same time I don't. They should have cancelled, or postponed it months beforehand if they were going to see U2 in the UK. The U2 shows weren't announced until March of the same year, that show in Tampa was announced way before that from what I remember.

Well, I really doubt they're going to cancel the Tampa show this time around.

Well I was glowin' in the dark tonight with Coldplay...

pretty awesome show, even for an arena show with no GA and having to sit in the nosebleeds. Paradise was quite the moment, and so was Fix You.

Fun note, seeing Coldplay tonight officially fulfilled the promise I made to myself with only 1 hour to spare when the show finished. I saw all 6 of my favorite bands within a year, dating back to U2 in Miami on June 29th, 2011.

Brought home two goodies from the show:

Coldplay - "The Scientist" (Live) at Tampa Times Forum 6/28/2012 - YouTube

Coldplay - "Paradise" (Live) at Tampa Times Forum 6/28/2012 - YouTube

Oh and naturally we got the only Xylobands that didn't work. Was upset about that for about 10 minutes, and then I realized that I didn't care because the enjoyment of the Xylobands is the fact that everyone else is wearing them and the crowd lights up.

I tried to get another one and it too was fucked up. It wasn't connected to the receiver... but there's a catch to that! It's one of the very few Xylobands that didn't turn off at the end of the show (and stayed lit through the whole show).

I'm gonna wear it to class tomorrow until it dies :lol:

Glad you had a great time at the show, LN! If I saved money, I would have been in Miami, watching their show at the AmericanAirlines Arena tonight. Exactly 1 year since I saw U2 live in Miami. :(

There goes the 4th concert I regret not going to in my lifetime - joining the list of Paul McCartney, RUSH and The Rolling Stones. :wink:

Hopefully they'll come down here when they tour Latin America next year (if they even consider).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom