Coldplay: Chris Martin And His Xylo Toes - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, why haven't they announced any more tour dates? :( And I continue showing strong love for Mylo Xyloto. Tied with Viva La Vida / Death and all His Friends as my favorite Coldplay albums. :love:

Bummer. Hope they announce more dates so you can go see them :therethere:

Have you seen them before?

Still no mention of them coming anywhere close enough for you :(?

I still love that album, too. It's so fun and puts me in a good mood.

That said, I think "Up In Flames", which isn't upbeat or happy by any measure, may well be in my top 5 from Mylo Xyloto. I really, REALLY love that song :drool:.

I love that one too. My fav is Paradise from that album. What's yours?

Still no mention of them coming anywhere close enough for you :(?

I still love that album, too. It's so fun and puts me in a good mood.

That said, I think "Up In Flames", which isn't upbeat or happy by any measure, may well be in my top 5 from Mylo Xyloto. I really, REALLY love that song :drool:.

Up In Flames is a great song, quite beautiful. And no, not yet.

Bummer. Hope they announce more dates so you can go see them :therethere:

Have you seen them before?

I hope so as well. I haven't seen them live before, but it's very unlikely that I'll get to travel to the US this summer, as I did for U2 last year. Still have high hopes that they'll make it down here.

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, Paradise, Charlie Brown and Princess of China are my absolute favorites on the album. :love:

I love that one too. My fav is Paradise from that album. What's yours?

Same here. That was the song I latched onto right away, and I still love it.

Up In Flames is a great song, quite beautiful. And no, not yet.

I hope so as well. I haven't seen them live before, but it's very unlikely that I'll get to travel to the US this summer, as I did for U2 last year. Still have high hopes that they'll make it down here.

Darn, that's a shame. Yeah, I hope you get a chance to see them at some point, too :).

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, Paradise, Charlie Brown and Princess of China are my absolute favorites on the album. :love:

My list seems to go:

1. Paradise
2. Hurts Like Heaven
3. Charlie Brown
4. Up In Flames

...and then after that it's a four-way tie between "Princess of China", "Us Against the World", "Major Minus", and "Every Teardrop..." for fifth place. Just depends on which song I'm particularly into at the moment.

Yeah, after it got overplayed to death, I really dislike Paradise.

Charlie Brown is by far my favorite song off the album. I also loved Up In Flames. I also surprisingly loved Every Teardrop is a Waterfall live. :shrug:

Charlie Brown became my favorite the moment I first heard it, and nothing has changed. I never cared much for Paradise, and oddly enough, Every Teardrop has grown on me. I hated that song with a passion when I first heard it. Funny how that works.

Yeah, "Paradise" has gotten a lot of airplay. Ah, well. Still like it.

I wasn't sure about "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" the first time I heard it, either, but it definitely wound up growing on me. It's just so fun to dance to. I think that's one of the things I like most about songs like that one and "Charlie Brown" or "Hurts Like Heaven"-they've got this '80s-ish, pop dance sort of vibe about them that I just love.

Charlie Brown is my favourite, with Every Teardrop is a Waterfall second. As stated by others, it grew on me. Paradise has been overplayed, so I skip it on the album.

The Mylo Xyloto Tour will be in full force again on Tuesday with the first North American leg starting in Edmonton. I personally hope that they add a few songs to the "ridiculously short" setlist they've been playing. :hyper:

Some people still do, yes. I do sometimes if we're in the car going somewhere, and when I'm in my friend's car she flips around through various radio stations 'cause she doesn't have a CD player or an iPod (or a hookup for an iPod).

I too would be totally fine with a good, lengthy setlist. Very excited for the tour to start. I still have about four months to go before my show, but still...

^Agreed. Plus, my daughter plays it on repeat. :crack:

However, it will be great to take her to see them in St. Paul. It will be her first concert. :D

Edmonton's Rexall Place getting ready for Coldplay's first show of the first North American leg of the Mylo Xyloto Tour [pic below was taken way earlier]. Show should be starting around now.

562784899.jpg

The first glimpse. #coldplayeg on Twitpic

HUGE spoiler --> Someone took a pic of the Edmonton setlist, some nice surprises:

:drool: :hyper:

There is one song in that setlist I'd consider a surprise. But I'd consider it a great one as it's one of their most underrated tunes.

Well, I'm pre-emptively disappointed.

But I know I'll enjoy the paltry 90 minutes. I'll just wish there were more.

I haven't been to tons of concerts-how long does an average concert last? Most of the ones I've been to have lasted about that long, if not less (granted a couple of them were a triple lineup, so everyone's sets had to be short for that reason). I think Crowded House are the only ones I've seen who've lasted longer, and I think it was about 2 hours with them. So 90 minutes doesn't seem that weird to me-of course, I'd love for the show to be longer, but eh *Shrugs*. Is there a specific reason these guys' shows aren't longer or something?

Most headlining sets for established bands go 2 hours or close to it.. However, the Foo Fighters usually go 2.5 hours. For comparison. U2 360 had 24 songs, Bruce plays 25 songs, Foo Fighters 24 songs, Coldplay 20. For a band with as much catalogue as they have, that's kinda pitiful.

Yeah, it's not the sound count or time that it boils down to...

It's the "how could you not play that song?" factor for me. RHCP did the same shit.

Setlist from the show at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary last night.

Mylo Xyloto
Hurts Like Heaven
In My Place
Major Minus
Lovers In Japan
The Scientist
Yellow
Violet Hill
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
Princess of China
Up in Flames
Warning Sign
- A Hopeful Transmission (intro to Don't Let It Break Your Heart) -
Don't Let It Break Your Heart
Viva La Vida
Charlie Brown
Paradise
Us Against the World

Clocks
Fix You
- M.M.I.X. (intro to Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall) -
Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

Coldplay Concert Setlist at Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary on April 18, 2012 | setlist.fm

Lovers In Japan made it's tour debut last night. I love that Warning Sign is being played, as it's one of my favorites on A Rush of Blood To The Head. Great to see some more Mylo Xyloto tracks thrown in there, such as Princess of China and Don't Let It Break Your Heart.

It seems that they're limiting themselves to a 20 song set, compared to the 18 song sets in Europe. Still not good enough for a band like Coldplay, in my opinion.

They played Lost the night before instead of Lovers in Japan. I want to see them both!!

I'm seeing them both nights in Toronto so hopefully I get to see both.

It's sad when I can think of 4 or 5 songs I'd like to hear that are not on there, and I was just a casual fan up until a little while ago.

I'll be very bummed if they don't play Lost. Although I quite like Lovers in Japan too, so I'm sure I'll live.

However, if they'd like to randomly drop The Scientist at the Seattle show, I'd love them forever. :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom