Coldplay: Chris Martin And His Xylo Toes - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you can still try and bodycheck your way toward the front. I'm sure it happens.

Make sure you get all the way up to the front and accidentally throw some elbows toward those who would pay ALL THE MONEY! to be that close to Chris Martin.

I don't think Coldplay's music lends itself to becoming "clusterfucks", in the same way that U2's music doesn't. It's not like there will be tons of people moshing or whatever on the floor, so the only reason there are seats is to get as much money as possible.

No, you're right about that. I'm just speaking in general artist terms, that there's all sorts of reasons probably for proper seating, and again, some of the seating decisions may be more the decisions of the venue than the band, whomever it may be.

Well, you can still try and bodycheck your way toward the front. I'm sure it happens.

Make sure you get all the way up to the front and accidentally throw some elbows toward those who would pay ALL THE MONEY! to be that close to Chris Martin.

Haha, hey, that's what I'd do.

That's the only thing that I'm not fond of, the idea that closer seats cost more. I love the idea of sitting anywhere you please, too, but hell, if I have a specific spot, I'm happy to stand there if I need to. I did it at Red Rocks and was fine. I'd just like to be able to be as close to the front as possible, is all, so I can see and hear everything clearly.

corianderstem said:

I would pay a nickel to smack him upside the head and tell him to STOP IT.

The big deal about this tour is the spectacle, no? Why would you want to miss all of that in order to watch the poodle cut grow back before your eyes? I say cheap out and have a better time for it.

The big deal about this tour is the spectacle, no? Why would you want to miss all of that in order to watch the poodle cut grow back before your eyes? I say cheap out and have a better time for it.

Exactly my plan. Seats toward the back of the Hollywood Bowl. Pre-show "picnic" [read: booze] and just have room in the back, dance, and watch the all the pretty lights.

Oh shit, now I have to watch it.

The only recent Coldplay video I've seen was for Paradise, and after seeing them dance around in elephant masks .... I can't really say I'm chomping at the bit to watch another one.

I love the Charlie Brown video. Wow, I wish I experienced that kind of atmosphere that was seen during the video. :drool:

"Charlie Brown" video contains no Peanuts characters,

This disappoints me :(. But I bet getting the okay to do so would've been a massive process.

may explain what happened to Cori's car.

:lol: Well, if this is the fate of her car, I could think of a lot worse situations for it to be in.

When the video first started I thought it was going to be some sort of chase thriller type thing. It would've been neat if it had gone that route.

But I suppose I'm okay with the sweet romantic ending to it all, given the nature of the song (which I love) :). The party the band's at looks like fun. And very, very bright and colorful.

I liked the "Paradise" video. Not at all what I would've come up with idea-wise for the song, but it was cute.

So that show was postponed due to rain that never came. However, at the last minute I ended up getting a free ticket to their benefit show at Club Nokia. It was great. The new songs are really better live. The bracelets are fun and in a larger venue will be even better. I still can't believe I got a ticket.

Robyn will be opening for Coldplay in the U.S. No word on the Canadian dates yet.

06-22 Dallas, TX – American Airlines Center
06-23 Dallas, TX – American Airlines Center
06-25 Houston, TX – Toyota Center
06-26 Houston, TX – Toyota Center
06-28 Tampa, FL – St. Pete Times Forum
06-29 Miami, FL – American Airlines Arena
07-02 Atlanta, GA – Philips Arena
07-03 Charlotte, NC – Time Warner Cable Arena
07-05 Philadelphia, PA – Wells Fargo Center
07-06 Philadelphia, PA – Wells Fargo Center
07-08 Washington, DC – Verizon Center
07-09 Washington, DC – Verizon Center