Coldplay: Chris Martin And His Xylo Toes - Part 2 - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 11:40 PM   #271
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:25 AM
Does anyone here like cheese?

Old 11-06-2011, 11:43 PM   #272
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:55 PM
Only the kind I can download illegally. I think brie works well via torrents.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #273
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7
Only as willing as you are.
I think one could argue than the influx of new friends stemming from a more positive attitude could result in greater economic pressure during the Christmas season, which is already notorious for its increased instances of suicide. Of course, a consistently positive outlook could in theory carry the individual through said economic hardships. It's just something I've been considering.

Now.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:47 PM   #274
Blue Crack Distributor

Chris Martin only likes stinky cheeses.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:48 PM   #275
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:55 PM
God put a smile upon my face.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:49 PM   #276
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:55 PM
Rarely has a thread ever needed to be closed as much as this one.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:27 AM   #277
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:55 AM
Charlie Brown is a cracking song. I originally was somewhat disappointed with the album version after hearing how brilliant it was live on YouTube.com, but Charlie Brown is now a highlight on par with the UFO/POC/UIF sequence, for me.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:45 AM   #278
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfit00 View Post
not mentioning that music by itself apart from entertainment and culture, does not contribute anything meaningful to society in the long run unlike a scientist, medical researcher, economists, or other valuable professionals.
Really? Try living in a world without art and see how long before you off yourself. This is without a doubt, one of the most short sighted and ignorant things I've ever read on this site.

I also like the implication that by illegally downloading, since you aren't affecting the artists beacuse they make money from touring, it's ok. Like the record labels are completely staffed by cigar smoking aristocrats who don't need any more of your money. There's more to getting an album out into the world than burning your band's disk in your bedroom. Any thought beyond the caricature of the corporate fat cats you have in your head would reveal that to you
Old 11-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #279
45:33

Local Time: 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie
Rarely has a thread ever needed to be closed as much as this one.
I'm kinda depressed, cos I think it's a really good album and I wanna talk about it.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:04 AM   #280
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Alright gang. This thread has been derailed enough. The derail topic might make a good fym thread, but let's stick to the discussing the Coldplay album from here on out.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #281
War Child

Local Time: 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Really? Try living in a world without art and see how long before you off yourself. This is without a doubt, one of the most short sighted and ignorant things I've ever read on this site.
Can you survive without music? Yes, you can.

Can you survive without food? No, you can't.

Pretend for a minute that you have a terminal illness and that you will die in one month unless a medical scientist comes up with the cure to save you. Is Bono or Chris Martin going to save your life when they don't know anything about what's going on? Who's more important in those extreme situations that occur every single day?

I explicitly stated that music contributes entertainment and culture to society, but apart from that it doesn't contribute anything else and it's not necessary for survival. Music will prevail over our existence because millions of people like you will continue to defend it as something extremely important and indispensable when it actually isn't.

That trend will not last forever, think about environmental problems, overpopulation, overconsumption, and the decline of essential natural resources. When people finally get affected by these problems, their way of thinking will shift and music among other non-important things will not receive as much attention and money as they do today.

I can't see how to be any more clearer than this, it's glaring short-sightedness and ignorance from your part if you can't see the logic within this argument, very typical coming from a jive turkey.

What idiotic statement are you gonna say now? Maybe that video games are more important than education?
Old 11-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #282
Blue Crack Supplier

So, yeah, how about that new Coldplay album?
Old 11-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #283
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Can you survive without music? Yes, you can.

Can you survive without food? No, you can't.

Pretend for a minute that you have a terminal illness and that you will die in one month unless a medical scientist comes up with the cure to save you. Is Bono or Chris Martin going to save your life when they don't know anything about what's going on? Who's more important in those extreme situations that occur every single day?

I explicitly stated that music contributes entertainment and culture to society, but apart from that it doesn't contribute anything else and it's not necessary for survival. Music will prevail over our existence because millions of people like you will continue to defend it as something extremely important and indispensable when it actually isn't.

That trend will not last forever, think about environmental problems, overpopulation, overconsumption, and the decline of essential natural resources. When people finally get affected by these problems, their way of thinking will shift and music among other non-important things will not receive as much attention and money as they do today.

I can't see how to be any more clearer than this, it's glaring short-sightedness and ignorance from your part if you can't see the logic within this argument, very typical coming from a jive turkey.

What idiotic statement are you gonna say now? Maybe that video games are more important than education?
No one is arguing that music is more important than medical science. But your apparent suggestion that people who do not make a tangible contribution to society, however that may be defined, do not deserve compensation for their work is a "slippery slope" if I've ever heard one.

I don't understand why a few of you are so adamant about arguing completely obvious points. Yes, people download music illegally. No, music does not perform surgery or diagnose cancer. Can we move on now?
Old 11-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #284
Blue Crack Addict

Time to stop feeding the troll...
Old 11-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #285
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:55 PM
Quote:
Maybe that video games are more important than education?

I love Major Minus.

And to answer a question from a few pages before: I've seen Coldplay twice, once from the floor about 100 feet from the band, and once in an amphitheater in the back. Both times, they made it out to the back and played for people. The second time is when I got to nearly touch Willy Champs (not his willy).
They are amazing live. Got some great visuals and Chris sounds great as well. Highly recommend seeing them if you are able.