Coldplay: Chris Martin And His Xylo Toes - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The video for Paradise is rubbish
and i'm sick of hearing that tune on the radio over here in NZ

Chris Martin was kissing arse on X Factor in the UK as usual

bunch of suck ups

The video for Paradise is rubbish
and i'm sick of hearing that tune on the radio over here in NZ

Chris Martin was kissing arse on X Factor in the UK as usual

bunch of suck ups

yeah, who ever heard of a band trying to sell their album near the holidays by appearing on as many shows and interviews as possible? :down:

fucking twats, right down to the drummer with the bald head

I hope he (I refuse to call him by his name, because it's fucking stupid) starts wearing a beanie cap so I can bring back the Coldplay vs. U2 discussion again.

So Madforit watches X-Factor? Awesome.

I saw it on youtube - its my fault I actually searched for it. And i regretted it instantly.

I'm seeking out a councillor and a support group now, but all they recommended was listening to Coldplay...:down:

Does anyone else love this album as much as I do?

I do. I've lost count of how many times I've played it in the last couple months. "Paradise" is definitely my favorite song of the year-I've yet to get even remotely sick of it. Something about those strings and that chorus (especially when they meet up in a big ol' crescendo in the middle of the song) and the whole "escape fantasy" deal...I just love it. "Hurts Like Heaven" is killer, too-so freakin' "I love the '80s!", which for me is a big plus. "Princess Of China" and "Charlie Brown" also rate up there for me, too (I like Chris and Rihanna's voices together. I dunno. It works for me somehow).

Also noticed the tour dates...so I have to wait until August before they get to my neck of the woods? Damn. I'm nearly broke from Christmas, but I'm going to work on getting a ticket next time I get paid-I've never seen the band live before and I really want to. Now I just need someone who would be interested in going with me-nobody I know fits that bill, sadly, save for perhaps my mom.

finally heard the new album - love it! such a breath of fresh air again after the last crap effort!

Aw, I loved their last album. But hey, we're in agreement on this one, so yay :).

oh i really love their early stuff - was a huge Coldplay fan when they first started out, and Parachutes is still one of my all-time fave albums, but they just lost me with "Death"... so i'm really glad to hear this new one :)

btw is it just me, but does Paradise remind anyone else a bit of Moment of Surrender in places?? much less dreary and much more uplifting though :D

Looks like Coldplay is following U2's footsteps (yet again) and will play Magnetic Hill in Moncton in July.

Typical. :tsk:

I plan on being there. :up:

Wow :ohmy:

Nothing will beat the U2 experience that Moncton brought me this year :drool:

Coldplay would be cool to see there but U2 definitely beats them when it comes to Magnetic Hill concerts.

Oh, definitely, but it's good to see these big names suddenly realize that eastern Canada doesn't end with Montreal.

I just hope the weather is different on concert day than it was on July 30, 2011. :crack:

oh i really love their early stuff - was a huge Coldplay fan when they first started out, and Parachutes is still one of my all-time fave albums, but they just lost me with "Death"... so i'm really glad to hear this new one :)

Ah, I see. Eh, hey, different strokes :).

Parachutes is a lovely album. One of those you throw on on a cold, rainy day and just lay back and chill out to. "Yellow", "Trouble" (the piano in that song is just gorgeous), "Shiver"...:heart:. "Spies" is fantastic, too. I love how moody and eerie that song is.

Never thought to compare "Paradise" to "Moment Of Surrender".

Ah, I see. Eh, hey, different strokes :).

Parachutes is a lovely album. One of those you throw on on a cold, rainy day and just lay back and chill out to. "Yellow", "Trouble" (the piano in that song is just gorgeous), "Shiver"...:heart:. "Spies" is fantastic, too. I love how moody and eerie that song is.

Never thought to compare "Paradise" to "Moment Of Surrender".

Don't Panic, Spies, Sparks and We Never Change are my faves, and i think the track Parachutes is a tiny piece of perfection... i do love all of the tracks - there are none i skip (that's saying something for me as i have a serious track-skipping problem ha)... so i really enjoy the whole album... think it's beautiful...

yeah re. MOS - it was really weird, it just struck me on first listening - something about the bass and rhythm progression from 34 sec to 1 min precisely and repeated in the song [end nerd speak lol!!!], but they take it somewhere more joyful as opposed to the more morose vibe of MOS (i don't mean that as an insult to MOS though - every mood has its place ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom