Coachella 2013 - advanced sales already ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lollapalooza does it

Pitchfork does it (mostly; they offer like 25% of the lineup before tickets go on sale)

Austin City Limits does it

In fairness, prices tend to be significantly lower at this stage (in the case of Lollapalooza's early birds, they're slashed by as much as 2/3rds), so yeah, it's arrogant, but you get something out of it.

Obvs there are other examples, but doesn't this practice bother you? Like these bands won't commit unless they know it's going to sell out or something? That's bullshit.

The promotors just want the money sooner so they can let it sit in the bank longer to make more interest off it.

I combat it by not throwing the money down. I'm not so dedicated to any one specific festival that I would force myself through three days of summer heat and obnoxious crowds if the bands aren't any good. I didn't attend Lollapalooza last year, the bands were shit. It's a good thing if the promoters are aware of a correlation between good bands and money in their pockets.

But if you do have a specific tradition going, the massively discounted prices are nice. Some people just go for the sake of going; it's something (expensive) to do.

Weekend 1 Advance sale lasted 2 hours. Not sure how many might be available for the general sale in January.

Weekend 2 Advance sale will probably last a couple more hours.

Got my Weekend 1 pass via payment plan. As for buying before the lineup? Well, the lineup for me is always good and I had such a phenomenal time this year with my group I can't imagine anything short of an all dubstep lineup will be disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom