Clarence Clemons Suffers Stroke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
from Backstreets...

CLARENCE CLEMONS FIGHTS BACK
We didn't want to believe it when we heard the news yesterday, but Backstreets has confirmed through independent sources that Clarence Clemons has suffered a massive stroke. After two subsequent brain surgeries at a Florida hospital, the good news is that Clarence is currently responsive and in stable condition, though still in a fight for his life. "If anyone can pull off the miracle, it's him," says a close friend. "He's fought back from so much before."

hold on big man...

:sad:

There is nobody else like this man! Oh please god, do not let this happen... good lord, this is depressing news to start the week

He's suffered a ton of health problems the past decade. He's had multiple surgeries on his hips, back and both knees and spent much of the shows on the last E Street Band tour in a big chair on the side of the stage in between songs. From all accounts, he was confined most of the time to a wheelchair or at best, getting around on crutches recently due to reoccurring back issues the past year.

From what's been reported among insiders about this stroke he suffered over the weekend, he was in "dire" condition Sunday and has undergone two brain surgeries and is paralyzed on his left side. It was very much a real possibility he was going to pass away Sunday night and a call went out to close friends and everyone in the E Street band to come to the hospital immediately. His condition has improved today and is able to recognize people but the next week or so will be critical.

T.B.

:sigh:.

I'm really having a hard time coping with possibilities here. Suffice it to say, I'm pretty down right now.

He's suffered a ton of health problems the past decade. He's had multiple surgeries on his hips, back and both knees and spent much of the shows on the last E Street Band tour in a big chair on the side of the stage in between songs. From all accounts, he was confined most of the time to a wheelchair or at best, getting around on crutches recently due to reoccurring back issues the past year.

From what's been reported among insiders about this stroke he suffered over the weekend, he was in "dire" condition Sunday and has undergone two brain surgeries and is paralyzed on his left side. It was very much a real possibility he was going to pass away Sunday night and a call went out to close friends and everyone in the E Street band to come to the hospital immediately. His condition has improved today and is able to recognize people but the next week or so will be critical.

T.B.

:sad:

Official statement from The Boss:

By now, many of you have heard that our beloved comrade and sax player Clarence Clemons has suffered a serious stroke. While all initial signs are encouraging, Clarence will need much care and support to achieve his potential once again. He has his wonderfully supportive wife, Victoria, excellent doctors and health care professionals, and is surrounded by friends and family.

I thank you all for your prayers and positive energy and concern. This is a time for us all to share in a hopeful spirit that can ultimately inspire Clarence to greater heights.

-- Bruce Springsteen

Such a huge loss to Bruce, his family and friends, his fans and the entire rock community. I'm definitely mourning right now. I don't know if I want to just go in head first and listen to a ton of Bruce material to celebrate the Big Man's career, or just leave it be for a while. His contributions were always the most soulful and stirring to me, and I'm already emotional enough right now. But enough about how I'm handling this...I just hope everyone remembers Clarence not only as a terrific saxophonist, but a terrific human being and integral part of what the E Street Band represented. Such an awesome dude, and I am so very sad that I'll never get to see him perform live now. Bruce will continue on with his music, but the E Street Band will never be the same.

Rest in peace, Big Man.

omg.. this is so sad. Was really hoping he would get better. Such a huge part of the E Street sound now silenced.. :sad: x infinity..

bye Big Man you will be sorely missed!

Dear God. This is incredibly hard news to handle. At the same time, I'm not as upset as I expected to be, should the worst have occurred. I think that has something to do with the idea that a person as talented as himself may never have been able to do that which he had been blessed to do. He lived to a very decent age, and he did great things while he was alive. To not be able to use your gifts any longer, through all the pain he had already been in...well I think you can see what I'm getting at.

I will cherish always the two shows I was able to see him at, especially the fact that at both shows, I am sure I got a nod, smile and wave from him as I cheered him as loud as best I could during each and every one of his solos, not just the big ones.

As a saxophone player, my two biggest favorite pop sax players are now gone. In my life, I had had a few chances to see Dave Matthews Band, and I always passed up that opportunity in order to save the money or go to other gigs because I figured, "Hey, they're young, I'll have other opportunities." When LeRoi Moore died, it shook me quite a bit, and it was at that point that I decided I had to see Bruce one more time, and I was incredibly glad I did. I was given the opportunity to see one of the greatest shows, most people argue, Bruce has done since the 70s, and I once again was afforded the opportunity to hear the Big Man play those melodies which many of us hold so dear.

I loved that guy, in my own way, not knowing him personally of course, and I had always hoped I'd have the opportunity to see him again, but I'm glad I was given the chances I was. The music he gave us, of course, will always live on, and for that, I'm quite grateful.

And now, I have finally started to make myself cry, so I think I'm done.

Dear God. This is incredibly hard news to handle. At the same time, I'm not as upset as I expected to be, should the worst have occurred. I think that has something to do with the idea that a person as talented as himself may never have been able to do that which he had been blessed to do. He lived to a very decent age, and he did great things while he was alive. To not be able to use your gifts any longer, through all the pain he had already been in...well I think you can see what I'm getting at.

I will cherish always the two shows I was able to see him at, especially the fact that at both shows, I am sure I got a nod, smile and wave from him as I cheered him as loud as best I could during each and every one of his solos, not just the big ones.

As a saxophone player, my two biggest favorite pop sax players are now gone. In my life, I had had a few chances to see Dave Matthews Band, and I always passed up that opportunity in order to save the money or go to other gigs because I figured, "Hey, they're young, I'll have other opportunities." When LeRoi Moore died, it shook me quite a bit, and it was at that point that I decided I had to see Bruce one more time, and I was incredibly glad I did. I was given the opportunity to see one of the greatest shows, most people argue, Bruce has done since the 70s, and I once again was afforded the opportunity to hear the Big Man play those melodies which many of us hold so dear.

I loved that guy, in my own way, not knowing him personally of course, and I had always hoped I'd have the opportunity to see him again, but I'm glad I was given the chances I was. The music he gave us, of course, will always live on, and for that, I'm quite grateful.

And now, I have finally started to make myself cry, so I think I'm done.

very well said.. and I can see he had a special place in your heart.. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom