Civil Twilight - Holy Weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ITNOL

Acrobat
Civil Twilight's new album "Holy Weather" just dropped on iTunes earlier tonight. Just finished my 2nd listen through. Love it! Awesome sophmore effort from this South African band! If you haven't heard of Civil Twilight before, and I know most haven't, they definitely have a strong U2 influence. Check out the Holy Weather track previews in iTunes. iTunes - Music - Holy Weather by Civil Twilight

and be sure to listen to the preview for track 11 Doorway. Tell me the lead singer Steven McKeller's voice doesn't sound a bit like Bono!

$7.99 for the iTunes version with 3 bonus tracks is a great deal! I pre-ordered early and got a 4th bonus track.

Two months ago I didn't know this band even existed. I came across their debut cd on Spotify and was hooked. I don't think this band will be flying under the radar much longer. Better make sure I see them in small venues while I still can.

Thanks for the heads-up on the new record. I've got their first album, and it's got some beautiful stuff on it. Really digging Fire Escape, which has gotten decent airplay on SiriusXM's AltNation. Definitely going to check out Holy Weather. :up:

Thanks for the heads-up on the new record. I've got their first album, and it's got some beautiful stuff on it. Really digging Fire Escape, which has gotten decent airplay on SiriusXM's AltNation. Definitely going to check out Holy Weather. :up:

AOL Spinner is having a Holy Weather listening party today. They're streaming the entire cd at Play Full Music Albums Free - Spinner

I'm looking forward to see them live. I thought I saw a Tucson date sometime next month. Hoping they'll play someplace a little closer to home, like Marquee Theater.

I really liked their debut album and was eagerly awaiting Holy Weather, especially after they released 'Fire Escape' as the first single. While I thought some of the songs on their first album were a little too unfocused/meandering, Holy Weather is much tighter. I really like this album so far after a few listens.

Would love to see these guys live.

Back
Top Bottom