Chris Cornell, R.I.P.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Huge bummer. I had just been re-listening to Audioslave in the first time in years recently, I'd forgotten how fantastic their first album was.

Was shocked when I heard this on the radio in the car this morning.
Some reports now suggesting suicide possibly. (one report said he had "a band" wrapped around his neck)

Saw Soundgarden 3 times (twice in 91, once in 2011), saw Audioslave in a club on their first tour and saw Cornell solo once. This sucks.

Fucking brutal....Such a talent.

saw them in concert twice. They were absolute monsters.

You just never know what's going on in someone's head/lives.

RIP, I'll be listening to Soundgarden/Audioslave for the rest of my life.

Unbelievable talent. Incredible voice and songwriting. Soundgarden was a fantastic band that was innovative, melodic and musically fascinating; Temple of the Dog was such an unforgettable, special project and a wonderful dedication to a late friend - while another friend, Eddie Vedder really got his chops there with Hunger Strike.

A bit more reserved towards Audioslave and his solo career, but both have their share of gems.

Three songs that are for me the most fitting ones for this day:

There's a video on youtube that I saw years ago where he mashed up U2 and Metallica's One... check it out, just unbelievable.... :sad:

Got a text from my buddy this morning who had attended the 2011 show and Chris' solo show with me, he asked "Did Chris Cornell Die?"
I replied "yes"
he replied "Fuck"
I think that sums things up.

Having trouble concentrating on work this morning.

Sad news RIP.

Imagine how you would feel if you'd been at the Soundgarden show last night. Crazy

Last edited:

Here is a link to a beautiful rendition of Bob Marley's Redemption Song with his daughter, Toni....It'll probably make you cry.

They closed the set last night with Slaves & Bulldozers, with In My Time Of Dying tagged on to the end.

unbelievable.

think Bono will start snippeting Black Hole Sun or something?

PopMart tour he added Inxs' Never Tear Us Apart after Michael Hutchence's suicide...i understand that him and Michael Hutchens were friends but still...

He'll probably mention Chris Cornell and say something along the lines of "we lost a great singer" and dedicate a song maybe. I can't recall any time Bono acknowledged Soundgarden or Cornell in interviews or anything.

Chris and Bono have very similar writing styles even though the music is different. Chris was a true genius so sad

He'll probably mention Chris Cornell and say something along the lines of "we lost a great singer" and dedicate a song maybe. I can't recall any time Bono acknowledged Soundgarden or Cornell in interviews or anything.

They have met. Back in 2013 Cornell posted a youtube on his facebook account of him talking to Bono and Elton John at an Academy Awards thing?

Soundgarden didn't click with me nearly as much as some of the other bands from the "grunge" scene but he was a badass rock and roller and seemed like a genuinely good dude.

Soundgarden didn't click with me nearly as much as some of the other bands from the "grunge" scene but he was a badass rock and roller and seemed like a genuinely good dude.

I think that's part of what made Soundgarden great...they were a bit left of center that many people didn't quite get. Lots of weird time signatures, often obscure lyrics, and their songs often appeared disjointed on the surface.

his voice filled stadiums and when he wailed or screeched, it sounded beautiful beautiful.

This sucks and saddened me in a way I didn't expect.
I wonder if maybe U2 will say a little something at the Rose Bowl and do a snippet of "Stuck"? If they do...it will be hard for me not to tear up!

Back
Top Bottom