Chinese Democracy, Nov 25, through Best Buy ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
from Chinese Democracy When

The end is near. GNR management has visited Best Buy and sampled 3 tracks to build excitement. Shackler's is on Rock Band 2 and If The World will appear during the credits of the new DiCaprio/Crowe movie Body of Lies on October 10. All of this can only mean one thing: the album is coming, but when?

Travel to mygnrforum.com Guns N Roses Forum (Powered by Invision Power Board) and you'll visit my online home for the past 10 years. These folks love GNR more than life itself, but they've been burned more times than a California forest. They've seen releases dates come and go like political promises, but unlike the past 7 years, this time, it just seems real. The date that keeps popping up is November 25, the tuesday before Thanksgiving. The album is to be a Best Buy exclusive (not sure if that means iTunes also gets it), nonetheless, fans would fish this album out of dumpster if it were meant hearing the first original work from Axl in 17 years!

To the fans, enjoy this time. You've all waited so patiently and been through a lot of let downs, but having heard some of what will be on Chinese D, the wait will have been worth it. We're getting the soda ready on our end and on November 25, hopefully we'll all be toasting to Chinese Democracy together

from 411mania.com

According to RollingStone.com, it is rumored that Guns N' Roses' long-awaited new album Chinese Democracy will be released exclusively through Best Buy on November 25.

The source of the rumor is a supposed "vendor convention" that Best Buy had on Wednesday in Dallas, Texas. Guns manager Andy Gould told the 900 employees the news about Chinese Democracy before previewing three songs from the album.

Gould also reportedly revealed that the new GN'R song "If The World" will be featured in the closing credits for the upcoming Leonardo DiCaprio/Russell Crowe film "Body of Lies", which was confirmed by message boarders on movie websites (like IMDB) who happened to catch a press screening of the film yesterday.

and ALSO THIS!!!

Best Buy Snags Guns N' Roses album exclusive - Yahoo! News

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Best Buy will be the exclusive retailer for Guns N' Roses' long-in-the-works new album "Chinese Democracy" before year's end, sources close to the situation told Billboard.

Some details of the deal are still being worked out, including the release date.

The news brings a semblance of closure to the bizarre history of "Democracy," which Guns N' Roses has been working on since the mid-1990s. Since then, every original member, with the exception of vocalist Axl Rose, has left the once-mighty group, and millions of dollars have been spent working on the new material.

"Democracy" was most recently on the Interscope release schedule in March 2007. The endless delays encountered by the project reached comic levels this spring, when soft drink manufacturer Dr Pepper offered to send a free can of the beverage to "everyone in America" (excluding ex-GNR members Slash and Buckethead) if "Chinese Democracy" were to arrive during the calendar year 2008.

In June, nine purported "mastered, finished" tracks from the album were leaked online, prompting an FBI investigation into their source. A sign that "Chinese Democracy" was perhaps nearing release came in July, when the band agreed to debut new track "Shackler's Revenge" in the video game "Rock Band 2," which hit stores earlier this month.

Guns N' Roses is now managed by Irving Azoff's Front Line Management, and Azoff is a well-known proponent of issuing albums through exclusive deals with retailers. He released the Eagles' "Long Road Out of Eden" through Wal-Mart in 2007, much to the chagrin of other merchants, but the album was a runaway hit, having sold 3.1 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

so.. could this be it ?!!?!?! :hyper:

Best Buy have revealed one of the three available artworks for the new Guns N' Roses album Chinese Democracy. The art work can be seen below.

chinese-democracy-original-100-100-100-70.jpg

Best Buy has revealed the track listing for Guns' N' Roses long-awaited new album, Chinese Democracy. The effort, which will be released on Sunday, November 23 via an exclusive deal with Best Buy, will be made available on CD and vinyl format. Furthermore, fans have a choice between three different CD and LP covers, although exact details have not yet been revealed.

Chinese Democracy track listing:

01. Chinese Democracy
02. Scraped
03. Shackler's Revenge
04. Street Of Dreams
05. If The World
06. Better
07. This I Love
08. There Was A Time
09. Riad N' The Bedovins
10. Sorry
11. I.R.S.
12. Catcher
13. Madagascar
14. Prostitute

I'm not gonna believe anything until I see official news all over the internet.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1597182/20081016/guns_n_roses.jhtml

The release date has yet to be officially confirmed by GN'R's label, Interscope, the band's manager, Andy Gould, or Rose himself. But all signs seem to indicate that the album no one ever thought would see the light of retail will be in stores in time for the holiday shopping season.

Last edited:
I just...I can't believe this really might be happening :lol:

I might buy the album just because

Dr Pepper to Deliver on Its Promise - Readies Coupons for All Americans to Celebrate Release of New Guns N' Roses Album - MarketWatch

HOW TO GET YOUR FREE DR PEPPER
1. On the Nov. 23, 2008 release date, go to Dr Pepper
2. Register your information to receive a coupon for one free 20-oz. Dr
Pepper.
3. When your coupon arrives, redeem it wherever Dr Pepper is sold.
4. Drink your Dr Pepper slowly to experience all 23 flavors. Dr's
orders.

Coupons will be available for 24 hours, starting at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time on Nov. 23, 2008. Allow 4-6 weeks for coupon to arrive. Coupons will expire on Feb. 28, 2009. Limit one coupon per person. Full terms and conditions available at Dr Pepper .

It is pretty crazy that this album is actually coming out now. I'm looking forward to it. Glad to see that I.R.S. made the track list. I've had a demo of that song for years and it kicks ass. I just heard the title track (you can stream it at Pitchfork and a bunch of other places) and it definitely brings the rawk. And there's no mistaking that voice, either. It's just a shame what the man has done to his image. Botox much? Ahhhh, I still love him. It's Axl fuckin Rose. His badassity in the 80's makes up for it.

I can envision a couple hours before midnight on Nov 24th, Axl having a last minute change of heart..."no wait, its not quite finished yet aye aye aye aye" and running out to Best Buys everywhere with a big box truck and taking back cases of the album.

I can envision a couple hours before midnight on Nov 24th, Axl having a last minute change of heart..."no wait, its not quite finished yet aye aye aye aye" and running out to Best Buys everywhere with a big box truck and taking back cases of the album.

:laugh:

The scary thing is I won't be surprised if it actually happens! :| :wink:

I was a huge GNR fan in high school. Guns n Roses/Metallica was the first concert my brother and I went to without adult supervision. I think "Appetite" still ranks as one of the greatest rock albums of all time. I don't know what to make of this. Is it really happening? Are we really going to get a new, full-length, studio album from Guns n Roses? After 16 years of waiting, I'm still a little doubtful. I guess I won't believe it until I have the CD in my hands.

He should have the decency to not use the GnR name. This is NOT the band that put out Appetite and the Use Your Illusions. No Slash. No Izzy. No Duff. No GnR.

It should be an Axl solo record.

He should have the decency to not use the GnR name. This is NOT the band that put out Appetite and the Use Your Illusions. No Slash. No Izzy. No Duff. No GnR.

It should be an Axl solo record.

Which is exactly the reason he had the rest of the band sign the name over to him back in the late 90's...because he knows an 'Axl Rose' album wouldn't have the selling power of a 'Guns n' Roses' album...:shrug:

I agree in principle, but I think this album will be pretty good, based on the demos I've heard...:yes:

Whoa.

Axl is 46 already?? He's like almost as old as the members of U2. That's ridiculous.

I trust David Fricke's opinion. He's been around for a while and has good taste.

The album is going to be laughably bad and overstuffed, like a Meatloaf record on steroids, but I still can't wait to hear it.

Heard the lead single yesterday. Dang. It kinda sounded like watered down Metallica to me, not all that excited anymore.

But that's just me :shrug:

I heard the title track a couple of weeks ago. I liked it. I'm looking forward to the new album. I don't know how good it will be, but it will definitely be historical.

Back
Top Bottom