Chinese Democracy, Nov 25, through Best Buy ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AFD is a must for everyone... I'll get that one day

but UYI 1 & 2 are a rip off... one album made into two...

the REAL theft is the DVD of the USY tour... also 2 DVDs sold separately, of the same god damm show!!!

now ChD.. maybe it'll be another MUST... long live rock and roll!!

I would've been much more excited about this album 10 years ago, but I'll still give it a good listen. Hopefully, Axl's evolved beyond descriptions of abject violence, mysogynism, and self-loathing. I'm guessing those chances are mighty slim!

I could be pleasantly surprised, however. I actually think that he's got a great talent for political lyrics, like those in Civil War...when he chooses to go to that place.

I sort of enjoyed Slash as a guitar player
why anyone would be interested in Axl Rose is beyond me
personal opinion of course

Why don't you own Appetite For Destruction or Use Your Illusions I and II? Those are great albums. :hyper:

I agree. But I prefer Illusion I to II. And AFD is a must buy!

The review for Chinese Democracy sounds interesting enough. I'll probably end up buying it just cos it took this damn long to finish, and it's almost become like this novelty item to buy and keep! :lol:

I agree. But I prefer Illusion I to II. And AFD is a must buy!

The review for Chinese Democracy sounds interesting enough. I'll probably end up buying it just cos it took this damn long to finish, and it's almost become like this novelty item to buy and keep! :lol:

I've heard most of this album, and it's not a 'hit you in the face' masterpiece, but it's pretty good and, I think, exciting album

I listened to the title track on their official website today... I was a bit underwhelmed.

Try this one....Guns N Roses - Better On Demand - Q104.3 - New York's Classic Rock

It's...um...'Better'...:wink:

Well, it leaked, and I sure as hell ain't a Guns n' Roses fan, but I had to listened to it simply out of curiosity.

The band (if you still call it that way) looked like Bon Jovi in the 80's, now with this album, they managed to sound like them as well.

Don't bother.

Well, it leaked, and I sure as hell ain't a Guns n' Roses fan, but I had to listened to it simply out of curiosity.

The band (if you still call it that way) looked like Bon Jovi in the 80's, now with this album, they managed to sound like them as well.

Don't bother.

im LOVING this shit right now. i'm on track 7. a lot of the vocals are over-processed and it's obviously striving for grandiose at every turn but im having a great time listening to it. the closing few minutes of "There Was A Time" are EPIC.

ummmm, yeah, so I just listened to the new album by Guns N' Roses and I really liked it.

Now it's your turn...

This is one crap album. My word. What a piece of :shh: it.

It's so corny. It should be called "High School Musical 12" or whatever.
:down:

It's an Axl solo record. It's not a GnR record. 1/5 doesn't make a band.

I don't know, whoever the lead guitarist is (Buckethead? Chickenmouth? whatever) rips some kickass solos on the album.

I need to listen to this again.

Isn't Illusion era keyboardist Dizzy Reed in the band too? I thought it's Axl, Dizzy and a bunch of other people. Either way, I'm not sure whether I want to get this album or not. I didn't even bother with the Velvet Revolver albums and I prefer Slash's bluesy hard rock to Axl's industrial aspirations. So shouldn't I get VR instead? lol.

:lol:...this album is so polarizing it's incredibly...:coocoo:

I think there are at least 5 brilliant songs on this CD...and the rest are very good. However, some people have made their mind up and until the CD gets hot, they won't say one good word about it...:cute:

Is it G n' R? That's what it says on the CD cover...sure it's really Axl's All Star Band, but you know what...:hmm:...welcome back Axl Rose...:rockon:

:lol:...this album is so polarizing it's incredibly...:coocoo:

I think there are at least 5 brilliant songs on this CD...and the rest are very good. However, some people have made their mind up and until the CD gets hot, they won't say one good word about it...:cute:

Is it G n' R? That's what it says on the CD cover...sure it's really Axl's All Star Band, but you know what...:hmm:...welcome back Axl Rose...:rockon:

When a hardcore 80s rock fan such as yourself is endorsing this CD so much, maybe I should just go and get it! I'm just afraid that it'll turn out to be some new fangled bad industrial/rap/techno garbage thing that Axl Rose wanted to experiment with after Illusion.

Back
Top Bottom