Charli XCX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
I could have sworn I started a Charli XCX thread.

Anyways...I managed to miss another single by a couple weeks, but it's pretty great. I guess it's sampling Gold Panda:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtrHH1BDlzk

She better get an album out this year, I swear.

Though I still haven't listened to her two mix tapes I have downloaded to my computer :uhoh:

For those not in the know, here are some other great singles:

Charli XCX - Nuclear Seasons [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube

Charli XCX - Stay Away - YouTube

Charli XCX - You're the One [Official Video] - YouTube

I've liked basically everything I have heard from her. Looking forward to the album, whenever it may come.

She's done absolutely no wrong for me outside of releasing an "EP" that was just one new song and five remixes of another.

I just want you to know that I knew what your post was going to be before I opened this thread.

I thought that information would please you.

"Nuclear Seasons" is by far and away the best thing she's ever done, just my two cents. I love her.

A lot.

:cute:

I think I could about scream right now.

The debut is streaming on Pitchfork Advance now, and I am sooooo excited...

Except of course...Pitchfork Advance doesn't work on my work computer :'(

I'm going crazy over here. I decided to try and listen to it anyways, so basically what happens is, I get one full song of greatness, and then a 5 minute wait. This is killing me, I should just wait til I get home.

Well, this album was better than I ever expected.

I'm not sure, this might be P4K's BNM this week (I'll only be slightly embarrassed if it gets a middling score)

I'm not sure about bnm, but high 7/low 8 for sure. And I'd agree with that score, it's a very good album.

I'm just working on the assumption that at least one P4K Advance album is BNM'd ;)

EDIT: Though from what I hear that could be Thee Oh Sees.

It's...so good. I want to listen to it right now so bad, but the stream is just unbearable. I don't know why it won't work on the Internet here, but on the school's network it works fine.

I find the peril of going into an album when I already know a bunch of the tracks is that I latch onto them and under-rate or find slightly underwhelming the tracks I don't already know.

However, in this case it really does seem like the singles we already had are the standout tracks.

I think track 3, 9 and the closer also stand out as great. Brings the total of standout tracks to 8 of 13 for me.... Not bad.

This album could lose a couple of tracks but for the most part it's as consistent as I could expect from a pop debut.

I think my favorite part about this album is the spoken word bits. That English accent is just gorgeous.

I think track 3, 9 and the closer also stand out as great. Brings the total of standout tracks to 8 of 13 for me.... Not bad.

Yeah, I'm increasingly coming to rate "Take My Hand", "Black Roses", and "Lock You Up" on a par with the older singles. There's some stuff in the middle that really needs to go though. Good god "Cloud Aura" is terrible.

Yeah, I'm increasingly coming to rate "Take My Hand", "Black Roses", and "Lock You Up" on a par with the older singles. There's some stuff in the middle that really needs to go though. Good god "Cloud Aura" is terrible.

Here's the timeline of me listening to True Romance:

Tracks 1-5: Fucking ecstatic
Track 6: Still enjoying, but not as much
Track 7: A little bored...
Track 8: Holy shit this is so bad, but at least it got me out of the funk I was starting to get into, oh wait, Ok, it's not the worst song ever.
Track 9-11: Really, Really Happy
Track 12: Weak
Track 13: Fucking ecstatic.

So, really, if it weren't for track 8, I might get a little bored there in the middle. Instead, it takes me out of the album for a moment, and then actually brings me back into it at the same time.

Not sure why you don't rate "How Can I", Ashley. It's one of the weaker tracks, I'll agree, but it's ahead of "Grins" and "Set Me Free". Maybe "What I Like" too.

As for LM's keepers, I agree, but definitely add "You're the One". At the moment I'm inclined to suggest it's her best song, just ahead of "Nuclear Seasons" and "Stay Away".

Also, much as I enjoy "You (Ha Ha Ha)", every time I hear it I just want to listen to Gold Panda's original instead.

You're the One is pretty fucking good yeah. Great chorus.

Cloud Aura and How Can I just don't work.

Back
Top Bottom