Cee Lo Green - The Lady Killer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
It's heeeeeeeeeeeere

First Listen: Cee Lo Green, 'The Lady Killer' : NPR

qmzvb4.jpg

Fuck NPR in its fucking national public radio face. Fuck.

Still a great song though.

Never mind, I'm an idiot who didn't look at the tracklisting. "Forget You" is the second track, "Fuck You!" is the closer.

I have no idea if this cover of "No One's Gonna Love You..." is on the album or not, but it is one of my favorite tracks on the album.

So, this was as great as I hoped it would be. I love the retro vibe going through the entire thing. He really captures the essence of the music he's emulating and makes it something truly special.

New favorite tracks: "Bright Lights, Bigger City", "Satisfied", "I Want You" (which is way better than the original version we heard), "It's OK", and the cover I mentioned above.

"Fuck You!" Is still as awesome as ever.

Also, there is a really awesome James Bond vibe going through the whole album, which just adds to the fun.

So, anyways, not a top ten for me or anything, but easily, easily a favorite.

EDIT: Also, as far as I can tell, "Fuck You" is NOT on the NPR stream. In general, there's clearly some mis-communication between wiki and NPR on what the actual tracklisting is. So, a good reason to pick the album up when it comes out.

And, I think it's kind of awful if "Forget You" really is track 3.

Are there songs you'd classify as rap on the album, or is all/most of it the more non-rap melodic stuff like the deliriously awesome Fuck You?

If the first few tracks are any indication, this album sounds like a great deal of fun. That is something that I could use, given my predilection for somber music.

Crap, forgot to buy this yesterday. I'll have to fix that soon.

I highly recommend his past solo albums as well, I believe Martha is also a fan.

Yeah, I also like this

It's $9.99 at Best Buy this week, and comes with two bonus tracks there as well. :up:

Spent a bit of time on the road today. So, I bought Cee Lo's "Lady Killer" in the morning. "F-You" is, of course, ridiculous and ridiculously catchy. A song that could only catch fire in the internet age. Warming up to the rest of the disc, and am quite happy to have a different sound coming out of the speakers. It is a very upbeat album.

To balance that upbeatness (not a word, I know, but too tired to make an effort otherwise), at the same time, I also bought the Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse collaborative effort "Dark Night of the Soul". That was a very good decision on my part.

It was an interesting day of driving and listening, on a beautiful autumn day, through miles and miles of farmland and forest in New Jersey. (That's right, New Jersey -- the US state with the most horses per square mile than any other.)

Looking forward to the Black Dub (Daniel Lanois) show later this week in Philadelphia.

How fucking awesome is this shit?!?!

Nothing that comes close to bad. Fuck You is the catchiest song of all time, It's OK has an absolute belter of a chorus, I'm hearing old soul all over the record and this is all without mentioning Bodies... :drool: ohh man what a sensual song.

Could yet land in my top five.

Back
Top Bottom