Cat Power - Sun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished listening to this on Spotify for the first time. I want a CD now, why has Best Buy forsaken me?

I should go to my local Best Buy just to make sure they still have a CD section. I haven't been in there in months and it had definitely shrunk the last time I went. There's still a FYE megastore about half an hour away, and every time I pass by I half expect to see a "store closing" sign. If FYE ever went under I would have to make a pilgrimage to Seattle every time I wanted to buy a CD.

I think I've probably bought more albums from iTunes/Amazon than on CD this year anyway. Part of me thinks I should just say screw it and sign up for Spotify premium.

Spotify just doesn't have stuff when I want to hear it. Perfect example is today's releases. Of the following 5 new albums I want to hear, they only had 2 in full:

Cat Power - full
Dan Deacon - full
Animal Collective - partial
Jens Lekman - not on Spotify
Mono - not on Spotify

:sad:

I was going to buy this on the way home, but I went to the gym instead.

Will try again tomorrow.

The CD section at Best Buy is so depressing nowadays. Reminds me of the tape section there 15 years ago. Actually, Best Buy in general is kinda depressing.

Scumbo sounds like he's just hours away from slipping over to the dark side.

Firelock_Musket.jpg

I forgot to mention that while not only could I not find Sun, I could not find even a Cat Power section at Hastings. They did, however, have a section for a band called The Catheters.

Pitchfork didn't have the sack to give this BNM, positive review but an arbitrary 7.9 score. Boo-urns.

Best Buy close to my house had it, can't complain about $7.99 for a new album..

Thanks for that tip, mofo. I thought my local store no longer carried CDs but I just called them and they have it.

bollox said:
Pitchfork didn't have the sack to give this BNM, positive review but an arbitrary 7.9 score. Boo-urns.

I read once that they hand our BNMs to albums that supposedly will appeal to new listeners of the artist; hence I thought this was a shoo-in for BNM.

One of my few complaints is I could do without the final three minutes of Nothin But Time, once it's already faded out.

The Popmatters review reads better than a 6 as well. I don't understand reviewers.

One of my few complaints is I could do without the final three minutes of Nothin But Time, once it's already faded out.

I love the last three minutes. But I like repetition (when it's good). The first time I heard it as it started to fade I was thinking, noooo, not yet, but I did not expect it to fade back in.

Did not make it to Best Buy today. :angry:

Forget the silly reviews, guyz.
Although I will say that I actually agree with most of the Pitchfork review except I love the record.

Right now I'm feeling like those rabid Batman fans who threatened violence against critics who gave The Dark Knight Rises less than stellar reviews.

That is ridiculously hostile for a record that to me is so easy to enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom