Cassette Store Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just thought it was a funny picture. You're good, JT. Nothing wrong with liking antiques.

I was being sarcastic.
What does collecting antiques have to do with hipsterism? I literally don't know one hipster into antiques. the guy who owns the juke box is a 45 year old with no wife (well, husband) or kids (ie, money), so he's got a ton of awesome old furniture and odds and ends (also has an impressive collection of vintage neon street signs).

Was it on here around the time of Record Store Day that we were discussing the fact that "hipsters" are scorned for enjoying collecting records/listening to them, and yet people who collect other things (antiques, comic books, etc) it seems to be no big deal?

There's a big difference in wanting an old, aesthetically pleasing piece of history (record player and otherwise) and wanting to listen to music on a 20 year old piece of shit technology just because nobody uses it anymore

And I don't even know what to say to this.

And I don't even know what to say to this.

It was a perfectly valid point. Hipsters are only interested in their image. There is no reasonable reason to be listening to cassette tapes. It's only because nobody listens to them anymore, so they want to be different. I don't know how many hipsters you've got where you live, but Toronto is fucking plagued with them

Was it on here around the time of Record Store Day that we were discussing the fact that "hipsters" are scorned for enjoying collecting records/listening to them, and yet people who collect other things (antiques, comic books, etc) it seems to be no big deal?

Like I said, hipsters are scorned because they're as vapid as teeny boppers, only they'd like you to believe otherwise. Hipsterism is purely about conveying an image. You know what the difference is between someone who likes to collect records and a hipster? Or someone who collects antiques and a hipster? You can tell which is the hipster just by fucking looking at them. these things aren't inherently hipster, they've been assimilated by them.
Fuck I hate a hipster

I'm sorry, I was misunderstanding. It seemed like you weren't differentiating between people who buy records and hipsters. I withdraw.

I'm sorry, I was misunderstanding. It seemed like you weren't differentiating between people who buy records and hipsters. I withdraw.

Oh, no ma'am. You can certainly collect records and not be a hipster.
I'll know you aren't a hipster on account of your lack of suspenders and corn cob pipe

blog_image_oldtimeybike.jpg

Haha yes!

IWasBored said:
People who game without a headset are not to be trusted. Jt is not to be trusted, he could be a robot!

Oh whatever IWB I'll ha1101ve you kno1110010 <syntax error> beep boop bop

Back
Top Bottom