Cash grab - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 02:58 PM
GASH FLAB?





i
__________________

__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:59 AM   #17
Refugee
 
monkeyskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,489
Local Time: 07:58 PM
I lol'd.
__________________

__________________
monkeyskin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:40 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,597
Local Time: 12:58 PM
Remastered albums that sound worse than the originals.



__________________
purpleoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:29 AM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,504
Local Time: 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeman View Post

me neither but... HEY! Look at that! you said CASH GRAB not cash grab. it worked!

Here's another CASH GRAB story... This is a CASH GRAB i got CASH GRABBED by. it's called the third album by the smashing pumpkins. it was pretty awesome when it came out - i was a sophomore in college and was thrilled after i got CASH GRABBED by it the first time. imagine my excitement when a new CASH GRAB was released last year. i bought it. they CASH GRABBED me. and i'm really glad they did. expen$ive. like 130 bucks or something. that's a lot of CASH to GRAB. i mean, it's not a $7K weekend or anything, but that's a substantial CASH GRAB for music i already had.

the thing is, the CASH GRAB version of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness has like over 100 songs on it. some are other versions of classics that are great listens, some are demos, some are new tunes that have never had the opportunity to GRAB CASH (see what i did there!) before. a particular fave of mine is the uptempo rocker/CASHGRABBER called Speed.

anyway, this is one of the most egregious CASH GRABS of the last few years, but i don't really feel cheated in any way. I'm glad they did it, and i'm glad this particular CASH GRAB came around to GRAB some of my CASH. CASH well-GRABBED.
This post hurts my eyes.


The stiff little fingers remastered were pretty bad. Or at least nobody's heroes was, fortunately I already had a copy of un remastered inflammable material, so I never had to find out if barbed wire love was so horribly abused.
__________________
IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #20
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 01:58 PM
The mix of The Stone Roses remaster is terrible, but I have no idea what problem you have with Disintegration. I've never heard anyone complain about that one.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Danny Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Posts: 9,157
Local Time: 11:58 AM
The only problem I have with the Cure remasters is whatever they did to Charlotte Sometimes. It sounds bloody awful.
__________________
Danny Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
iron yuppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,438
Local Time: 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
me neither but... HEY! Look at that! you said CASH GRAB not cash grab. it worked!

Here's another CASH GRAB story... This is a CASH GRAB i got CASH GRABBED by. it's called the third album by the smashing pumpkins. it was pretty awesome when it came out - i was a sophomore in college and was thrilled after i got CASH GRABBED by it the first time. imagine my excitement when a new CASH GRAB was released last year. i bought it. they CASH GRABBED me. and i'm really glad they did. expen$ive. like 130 bucks or something. that's a lot of CASH to GRAB. i mean, it's not a $7K weekend or anything, but that's a substantial CASH GRAB for music i already had.

the thing is, the CASH GRAB version of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness has like over 100 songs on it. some are other versions of classics that are great listens, some are demos, some are new tunes that have never had the opportunity to GRAB CASH (see what i did there!) before. a particular fave of mine is the uptempo rocker/CASHGRABBER called Speed.

anyway, this is one of the most egregious CASH GRABS of the last few years, but i don't really feel cheated in any way. I'm glad they did it, and i'm glad this particular CASH GRAB came around to GRAB some of my CASH. CASH well-GRABBED.
I must say that the Siamese Dream vinyl reissue looks beautiful. I almost bought it the other day, but was able to hold off.
__________________
iron yuppie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,597
Local Time: 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
The mix of The Stone Roses remaster is terrible, but I have no idea what problem you have with Disintegration. I've never heard anyone complain about that one.
Louder really isn't better. Not as bad as the Stone Roses remaster. I'm sure there are worse I haven't heard yet.
__________________
purpleoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #24
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 01:58 PM
Every modern remaster is "louder". If that's the only complaint, you're sitting pretty.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,597
Local Time: 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Every modern remaster is "louder". If that's the only complaint, you're sitting pretty.
The original album even has a note to turn it up and it sounds great as it is. I'll keep my old one.
__________________

__________________
purpleoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com