Cash grab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeman

Refugee
Welcome to CASH GRAB!

here's a great new thread where you can post about blatant CASH GRABS or share your thoughts about prospective CASH GRABS that you would really be willing to have your CASH GRABBED for.

OK, I'll start it out:

One CASH GRAB i'd be willing to be CASH GRABBED for would be a re-issue of the classic Guns n' Roses album "Appetite For Distruction". seriously. this album is so fucking incredible. they don't need to remaster it or anything, cos it already sounds incredible. but I'd honestly probably pony up for it if they CASH GRABBED it anyway. maybe some demos or a live album on CD#2 or whatever. that would be sweet. i have a dvd of a concert from MTV from back then. a cleaned up version of that -with the swears left in- would be sweet.

actually, i might be sounding sarcastic, but i'm honestly not. i'd love to hear more about what that band was doing when they recorded that album. i bet the stuff that didn't make the cut was probably poor compared to what did, but those little things can be interesting, anyway.

anyway,
welcome to CASH GRAB!

o shit - i just realized i forgot to all caps the title of the thread. fail...

Best of albums with one or two extra songs, or re-releases of albums a few months after original release wi a few extra tracks are shameless cash grabs.

But I have absolutely no idea what the point of this thread is. Or why CASH GRAB has to be in all caps every time it's written.

This reminds me of the thread where Zoomerang I think it was talked about how spending $7k a weekend was no big deal and I was a teenager and got irrationally upset.

Haha, I saw that when LM did the thread survivor thing.

I keep thinking this is spam, like "I never thought it could be so easy to make thousands of dollars for just a couple hours of work at home on my computer!" Scams.

This reminds me of the thread where Zoomerang I think it was talked about how spending $7k a weekend was no big deal and I was a teenager and got irrationally upset.

So now that you're an employed adult, dropping $7K on a single weekend seems like a rational endeavor?

I think I've already made my feelings clear about "deluxe editions" of albums being released a few months after the original. "Album only" iTunes bonus tracks get me pretty worked up as well.

I bet that dude made something like 60k a year and considered himself really wealthy.

But I have absolutely no idea what the point of this thread is. Or why CASH GRAB has to be in all caps every time it's written.

me neither but... HEY! Look at that! you said CASH GRAB not cash grab. it worked!

Here's another CASH GRAB story... This is a CASH GRAB i got CASH GRABBED by. it's called the third album by the smashing pumpkins. it was pretty awesome when it came out - i was a sophomore in college and was thrilled after i got CASH GRABBED by it the first time. imagine my excitement when a new CASH GRAB was released last year. i bought it. they CASH GRABBED me. and i'm really glad they did. expen$ive. like 130 bucks or something. that's a lot of CASH to GRAB. i mean, it's not a $7K weekend or anything, but that's a substantial CASH GRAB for music i already had.

the thing is, the CASH GRAB version of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness has like over 100 songs on it. some are other versions of classics that are great listens, some are demos, some are new tunes that have never had the opportunity to GRAB CASH (see what i did there!) before. a particular fave of mine is the uptempo rocker/CASHGRABBER called Speed.

anyway, this is one of the most egregious CASH GRABS of the last few years, but i don't really feel cheated in any way. I'm glad they did it, and i'm glad this particular CASH GRAB came around to GRAB some of my CASH. CASH well-GRABBED.

Remastered albums that sound worse than the originals.

1275075248_13346175x.jpg

Cover.jpg

me neither but... HEY! Look at that! you said CASH GRAB not cash grab. it worked!

Here's another CASH GRAB story... This is a CASH GRAB i got CASH GRABBED by. it's called the third album by the smashing pumpkins. it was pretty awesome when it came out - i was a sophomore in college and was thrilled after i got CASH GRABBED by it the first time. imagine my excitement when a new CASH GRAB was released last year. i bought it. they CASH GRABBED me. and i'm really glad they did. expen$ive. like 130 bucks or something. that's a lot of CASH to GRAB. i mean, it's not a $7K weekend or anything, but that's a substantial CASH GRAB for music i already had.

the thing is, the CASH GRAB version of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness has like over 100 songs on it. some are other versions of classics that are great listens, some are demos, some are new tunes that have never had the opportunity to GRAB CASH (see what i did there!) before. a particular fave of mine is the uptempo rocker/CASHGRABBER called Speed.

anyway, this is one of the most egregious CASH GRABS of the last few years, but i don't really feel cheated in any way. I'm glad they did it, and i'm glad this particular CASH GRAB came around to GRAB some of my CASH. CASH well-GRABBED.

This post hurts my eyes.

The stiff little fingers remastered were pretty bad. Or at least nobody's heroes was, fortunately I already had a copy of un remastered inflammable material, so I never had to find out if barbed wire love was so horribly abused.

The mix of The Stone Roses remaster is terrible, but I have no idea what problem you have with Disintegration. I've never heard anyone complain about that one.

I must say that the Siamese Dream vinyl reissue looks beautiful. I almost bought it the other day, but was able to hold off.

The mix of The Stone Roses remaster is terrible, but I have no idea what problem you have with Disintegration. I've never heard anyone complain about that one.

Louder really isn't better. Not as bad as the Stone Roses remaster. I'm sure there are worse I haven't heard yet.

Every modern remaster is "louder". If that's the only complaint, you're sitting pretty.

Back
Top Bottom