Carson Daly's most direct admission of having sold his soul in his TRL days...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Lykke Li was on Last Call this past Wednesday night. Here is an excerpt from Carson's interview with her:

Carson Daly: "You self-released this record, you didn't really have the means to put it out and..."

Lykke Li: "No, no, yeah, well, I chose to do it because I got a lot of offers, but I wanted to do it myself."

Carson Daly: "Right, and how have you found that to be beneficial?"

Lykke Li: "Because, uh, I still have my soul, in tact. I didn't sell it(she says a few more words but I can't make them out because the crowd is cheering)...yeah!

Carson Daly: "(smirking)What is that like - to still have your soul? Hmmm...(touches his chin with one hand, mock inquisitively, half-laughing) I wonder...I sold mine a long time ago, when I had to play Britney Spears every day of my life."

Lykke Li: "(laughing) Exactly!"

Carson Daly: "I figure if I have enough, uh, Lykke Li's on this show, on NBC, I'm just sort of getting little bits of my soul back, I'm just kind of grabbing them out of the air...(makes grabbing motions at the air) Peter Bjorn and John, you've been on, and working our way back..."

I thought it was pretty funny. You don't often get people who have sold their soul to admit to it.

Video here: Last Call with Carson Daly - Lykke Li - Video - NBC.com

(start watching at 6:58)

I despised this guy when he was on MTV. And I don't think he's some cool mofo now, but clearly he's not the douche he originally appeared to be. He's pretty self-deprecating on his talk show, and seems to give a shit about more than the pop star crap.

Have you ever watched this dude's show before? He makes a self-deprecating joke about how he sucks because he used to host TRL like twice per show. This is hardly news-worthy. But thanks, I guess.

I remember watching old school TRL back in the day when Carson hosted it. I was only 11 or 12 at the time, but it always drove me nuts the way he changed his personality, even his way of speaking depending on who the guests were. There was a hilarious SNL skit from back then with Jimmy Fallon as Carson that explains that better than I did. Good times.

Why does this guy even still have a show? :scratch:

And why DOESN'T Adam Curry have one?!

adamcurry.jpg

i actually don't mind Carson. yeah, he hosted TRL, which sucked. but i remember him playing U2 on TRL and complaining that young people don't get into U2.

he seems like a decent person.

i saw the scariest thing on his show one night. some white guy rapper with a wicked annoying song. i'm assuming it was called "i love college." reminded me what i hated about college.

i'm pretty sure carson daly was born without a soul in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom