Broken Social Scene ARE the new Menudo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kevin drew could kick ricky martin's ass any day of the week.

and so could leslie feist.

look.

i never said women shouldn't be in bands.

i said women belong in the STANDS.

because, afterall, that makes a lot more sense.

and besides broken social scene is incestuous...and I LOVE IT.

have you had your break today?

ba-da rup da Daaaa!

:sexywink:

What are we gonna do if we lose that fire?

Love

YOU

Inside and Out
Inside and Out
Inside and Out
Inside and Out

~feisty

:sexywink:

I can't help it.

I just can't LET IT DIE.

:sexyfrown:

Feisty sounds so hot on that album. Especially with that French accent.

Yup - two years from now they will be ridding a toy train into Rick Shroeder's living room.

This still has not happened, unfortunately.

I FINALLY got to see BSS live this week, and it was a free show none the less! It was their first time performing in Utah, and hopefully wont be the last as they seemed to love it and apologized numerous times for not knowing it was such a good place to play (they also bad mouthed Denver in comparison, suck on that Coloradhos!). It was an interesting concert, as they mixed in Kevin Drew and Brendan Canning solo songs into the setlist, and had some random woman from a band I'd never heard of sing on some of the tracks with them (hence why I thought this thread was fitting). They were extremely entertaining, and the crowd was loving it (which is surprising, as I'd say the vast majority of the people there had no idea who BSS were since it was a free show).

Here's what I wrote down as a setlist on my phone:

KC Accidental
Stars and Sons
Kevin song? no clue what it was
7/4 (Shoreline)
Fire Eye'd Boy
Brendan Canning - Hit the Wall
Brendan Canning - Churches Under the Stairs
A old funk cover, don't know the song title
Kevin - F--ked Up Kid
Kevin - Frightening Lives
Cause = Time
Ibi Dreams of Pavement
Major Label Debut (Fast)
Lover's Spit (included some extended outro/fade into "All he wanted was to be a soldier" song)

:drool: Frightening Lives
emot-huh.gif

How epic were Ibi and KC Accidental??

How epic were Ibi and KC Accidental??

Honestly, all of the songs were great. I'm actually tempted to get the Kevin and Brendan solo albums now. Everything was great, they're lots of fun live, dancier than they are on the albums.

Get the Kevin record. I absolutely adore it.

I regret that I haven't listened to the Canning one yet.

Honestly, all of the songs were great. I'm actually tempted to get the Kevin and Brendan solo albums now. Everything was great, they're lots of fun live, dancier than they are on the albums.

Too bad you didn't get 'Hotel'. That's a fun one live!

I'm still :ohmy: over how awesome 'Frightening Lives' must have been. :ohmy:

:ohmy:

I really was pretty unfamiliar with Broken Social Scene as of a few weeks ago....then I saw them at Lolla, after seeing EITS and Okkervil River.....and, their whole set was fantastic. I got back and bought all their albums, just like that, as well as the Kevin Drew album. Being a big Stars fan, it was great to see them with Amy Millan at Lolla.

That is all.

[...]and had some random woman from a band I'd never heard of sing on some of the tracks with them (hence why I thought this thread was fitting).

Her name is Amy Millan from the Montreal-based band Stars. Along with Torquil Campbell and Evan Cranley, 3/4 of Stars play with Broken Social Scene at one time or another. Cranley and Millan have been touring with BSS this year. They've all been childhood friends with Kevin Drew and al. ever since growing up in a Toronto neighbourhood, hence their inclusion in BSS.

I suggest you pick up Stars' albums as well, as they're all excellent, in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm well aware of Broken Social Scene's members and history, been a fan for some time. It most certainly was not Amy Milan, or anyone who's ever been featured on their albums.

Get the Kevin record. I absolutely adore it.

I regret that I haven't listened to the Canning one yet.

agreed.

AND, yeah. What the hell is my problem? I purchased the Canning one, and have yet to listen to it!?

When I bought the Canning CD, they also had the latest Arts & Crafts sampler. I have listened to that several times.

Yeah, I'm well aware of Broken Social Scene's members and history, been a fan for some time. It most certainly was not Amy Milan, or anyone who's ever been featured on their albums.

Was it the exquisitely hot Lisa Lobsinger?

57759767eac3819f82kn3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom