Broken Social Scene ARE the new Menudo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I finally picked this up yesterday and I'll have to disagree with shouter. I'd be surprised if it isn't my pick for album of the year in a few months time.

As I listened to it, I kept thinking that it works as a sister piece to OK Computer as they're both perfectly deconstructed pop albums full of great hooks and melodies packaged in schizophrenic song structures. However, while OKC had this grand sense of adventure (I remember feeling like RH was going to lose control and spin off into nothingness the first time I listened to it), Forgiveness Rock Record sounds like a band in complete control of everything going on.

Thoroughly enjoy it.

Thanks for sharing those. I'm really impressed with the quality. Man, Emily is a hot mess. You're lucky to have had her there to sing "Anthems." I've only been able to see Amy and Lisa do it, which isn't quite the same.

So does Feist even turn up on this album? I haven't heard it yet, but it would be an absolute travesty if she had been available and not allowed to sing lead on a few tracks.

I finally picked this up yesterday and I'll have to disagree with shouter. I'd be surprised if it isn't my pick for album of the year in a few months time.

As I listened to it, I kept thinking that it works as a sister piece to OK Computer as they're both perfectly deconstructed pop albums full of great hooks and melodies packaged in schizophrenic song structures. However, while OKC had this grand sense of adventure (I remember feeling like RH was going to lose control and spin off into nothingness the first time I listened to it), Forgiveness Rock Record sounds like a band in complete control of everything going on.

Thoroughly enjoy it.

So you could say that you were "forced to love" it?

Hah. Ha. Haha. Ah-hah.

So I pre-ordered this from Arts & Crafts about 2 weeks ago, received the digital downloads for the album and EP, but the album order itself is still "processing." 2 emails to customer service haven't been replied.

Imma gonna try and cancel this order tomorrow, fellas. This is what I get for supporting a label.

Yikes, no good. I'm actually glad I opted out of pre-ordering from them then, especially after it was going to cost like $13 to ship the vinyl to Minnesota. It's right across the fucking border! Damn Canadians.

Hence the anger over it being still "processing," I believe...but LMP, you should know by now that's what you get for trying to be legit, buying a record and all.

Because he'd already pre-ordered it. Why buy it twice? And, usually, pre-ordering an album implies that you WILL get it either on or around release date. Arts & Crafts dropped the ball, clearly.

Hence the anger over it being still "processing," I believe...but LMP, you should know by now that's what you get for trying to be legit, buying a record and all.

Amazon and Target for me now, I guess. Suck it, Arts & Crafts. Suck it long... and suck it hard.

The LCD and NASH! albums are arriving via Amazon soon, along with a nifty Ebert/Scorsese book. Those guys know how to run a business.

oh, right. my bad. that's really poor.

Very poor indeed.

slightly on-topic, i was really impressed with the Flaming Lips website, i ordered Embryonic on vinyl off there, and i had in my hands from the States after about a week. it's one of the most awesome things i own, too.

Can you actually cancel the order at this point, LeMac? The unfortunate thing about ordering directly from labels or bands is that their ordering interface and distribution services are not used to large scale demand, so mistakes happen. I'm shocked that their customer service hasn't responded to you yet, that's completely unacceptable. Leads me to believe that mess ups were wide spread, or they're extremely bad at actually giving service to their customers. Hopefully they do let you cancel at this point, and your card hasn't already been billed.

Amazon and Target for me now, I guess. Suck it, Arts & Crafts. Suck it long... and suck it hard.

The LCD and NASH! albums are arriving via Amazon soon, along with a nifty Ebert/Scorsese book. Those guys know how to run a business.

Yeah, I'm all about supporting the label/band, but when the customer service is lacking, you gotta do what you gotta do to get the music.

I feel like Amazon probably has more experience fulfilling orders, but nonetheless, not cool on Arts & Crafts' part.

slightly on-topic, i was really impressed with the Flaming Lips website, i ordered Embryonic on vinyl off there, and i had in my hands from the States after about a week. it's one of the most awesome things i own, too.

Nice. What colors are the LPs? I still haven't picked that one up (yes, I'm a horrible Lips fan...).

Can you actually cancel the order at this point, LeMac? The unfortunate thing about ordering directly from labels or bands is that their ordering interface and distribution services are not used to large scale demand, so mistakes happen. I'm shocked that their customer service hasn't responded to you yet, that's completely unacceptable. Leads me to believe that mess ups were wide spread, or they're extremely bad at actually giving service to their customers. Hopefully they do let you cancel at this point, and your card hasn't already been billed.

I'm calling tomorrow, but I'm unsure about whether or not I will be able to cancel, since I already received the (free) pre-order goodies. There's a "re-order" option, but none for cancel. I'd like having the physical album and wouldn't mind them just sending one expedited, although I could really use the $$$ right now. It was a poor purchase all around.

Yeah, I'm all about supporting the label/band, but when the customer service is lacking, you gotta do what you gotta do to get the music.

I feel like Amazon probably has more experience fulfilling orders, but nonetheless, not cool on Arts & Crafts' part.

Absolutely.

Hell, one time one of my Amazon orders was missing 2 of the 3 items that I ordered. I emailed them immediately and within 2 days, I had the items, no questions asked. That floored me.

Maybe take a few and see if they have a different customer service email on the label's site than the store section? Email all of them, or include all of them in the message, someone is bound to help you. I've had some really fast responses from some labels in the past, lazy Canadian bastards.

Yep, Embryonic is on gorgeous yellow and blue slightly marbled vinyl. Sights to behold. And unfortunately the only Lips LP I own. Yoshimi repress, plz.

Sequence of events:

1. I called Arts & Crafts, who informed me that the sales person was in a meeting and that they'd call me back ASAP.
2. About 12 hours go by.
3. I get an email saying that my order's gone from "Processing" to "Complete," so there's progress, either by coincidence or design.
4. Checked my mail today, no album. No call back either.

At least the saga's coming to an end.

Friggin' Canadians. JT, please tell your countrymen to leave for their Tim Horton's break 5 mins later tomorrow, and call LeMac back. If they do not, musket time.

Back
Top Bottom