Broken Social Scene ARE the new Menudo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome news, the first one is great. I should listen to it a few times tomorrow.

Volume II is :chefskiss:

Can't Find My Heart is one of the best songs in their more recent output. It has everything that makes BSS great. Good stuff.

Saw these guys for the first time in three years on Friday night and it was so delightful. Emily Haines joined them for a bunch of songs, including Anthems and Almost Crimes, which was incredible. I really miss her in the band, although Ariel Engle is doing a good job as the only female voice member right now.

The new songs were great, especially All I Want, 1972 and Can't Find My Heart. I also liked the Hug of Thunder stuff, which I was happy to hear since I missed the tour.

Anyways, BSS remains one of my favorite bands and live acts. I hope they stay together for good, a world with their music is a better world.

I'm sorry to bump up the threat with the worst title in all of interference.

That said, they are on (a limited) tour, and You Forgot It In People is turning 20 (shit). That should be fun/

great sets. I've seen them once, at the Corner Hotel (one of our best live venues) way back in 2010. it's a tiny stage and they had like 10 people on it, including K-OS on drums. show went for like three hours. No Ibi though sadly. would die to see them again

Their shows are always fantastic, the setlist almost doesn't matter (though I've been pretty luck in this regard whenever I've seen them). I wish they kept recording, but I'll take another tour. I thought they were pretty much done a few years ago.

Still not over them taunting "Anthems" and then playing "Meet Me in the Basement" at the one show I've been to. Ask me again in another decade.

Still not over them taunting "Anthems" and then playing "Meet Me in the Basement" at the one show I've been to. Ask me again in another decade.

I still feel bad for you when I remember that happened.

Hah! I just found that I have an entire video of that performance up on YouTube. I must've recorded it thinking they were going to play Anthems and then just kept it going out of sheer defeat (or the fact that I love Meet Me in the Basement).

Meet Me in the Basement is a great live song, but it’s a bit of a bummer that they often use it as a replacement for Ibis, which is an even better live song.

Back
Top Bottom